Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

• Replies 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WE have been presented with evidence via a whistleblower that raises serious concerns surrounding the SPFL’s processes relating to its stewardship of the voting on the resolution presented to member C

Hope you dont mind mate but thought I'd give the Hornets nest a wee stir...  

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, murzo said:

So what was the point in taking matters this far when it was obvious we wouldn’t win the vote?

You tell me.

Hearts might take legal action and maybe we will support it. But I doubt we will take any ourselves.

What I would like to see is us spearhead legal action with hearts and Patrick as I doubt they have the means to see it through. 

Again I really can’t see it coming from especially after that statement.

17 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Now you got it mate, we pals again ?  :lol:

When were we not pals? :pipe:

I stand by my initial "underwhelmed" reaction and I'll keep my fingers crossed we have something up our sleeve

bornabear likes this
28 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It will go further than that mate...

- tainted title declared imminently

- Robertson ousted from board

- point deduction or severe monetary fine

where are you getting this punishment info from?

No charges can be levelled against us for following SPFL protocol/ greivance procedures

No fine

No point deduction

and no disqualification from league

Robertsons' tenure is up in June 2020

HG5 and Blumhoilann like this
12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Doncaster's interviews are pointless. Just dodges questions with repeat, robotic soundbites. He was born to be a low level paper shuffler. He actually is the perfect character for someone looking for a puppet.

Speaks volumes that it was pre-recorded 

10 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

This

A management culture which not only fears accountability and scrutiny, but which actively campaigns against it, is unhealthy and breeds continued mistrust. This culture, so deeply embedded, must be addressed if Scottish football is to flourish.

It is clear that many members have lost confidence in the SPFL leadership and the need for change will not diminish.

The status quo cannot hold.

I read that as - the cheating & lies have being going on for years.

Jb85, Bobby Hume and bornabear like this
47 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Could’ve been a little more forceful in the statement. 
Got a feeling if the other clubs don’t want us to go any further we won’t, and if that happens The Status Quo will most definitely hold. 

I have read the statement and a page or two of comments on here, I think your post is close to what the Club are saying and to be honest I expected a different last few words than the 'status quo cannot hold'. 

I cannot see where we do go from here, would we really want to take on a court case that we might not win and the huge cost at this time of uncertainty with Covid-19.  Hearts might go to court because of loss of income, but assume that would be a one club fight on a specific issue.

I obviously hope I am wrong and it is certainly not what most have been saying so far in this thread, so if the optimistic posters are right then I will be delighted.   

Bobby Hume, HG5 and Courtyard Bear like this
1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Statements clearly set up for us to go down the no confidence route.

Not sure what else people expected us to say.

I hope you are right but how would we win that vote ?

I cannot see where the backing for that would come from. I obviously hope I am wrong.

bornabear likes this

Said from the start unless we had a smoking bullet in the evidence then we were always going to lose

Clubs dont want involved in anything unless if benefits them, especially in the current climate, it's easier to bury your head in the sand and continue on like nothing is happening.

As somebody else said, we've played our hand & lost, whether it was the right/wrong thing to do I'm not sure but would've liked us to have had more clear cut evidence first before going down this road.

Taigs will be champions by the end of the week & everything will move forward now to preparing for next season (if Covid doesn't ruin us all before then 👍)

2 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Stupid question mate but, why do we have so many folk ready to give up so easily at the slightest mishap.?   Is it a new generation of super wimps or what ?

Because we have been led by wimps for so long, the hope and resulting disappointment from our board has taken its toll, no one expects us to really go toe to toe with our enemies, we may rattle our sabers but when it comes time to fight we usually back off

This really all started after the hibs cup final when the board punished our own fans instead of going to town with scottish football over the treatment of us, hell we could even go back to the lack of action after the motherwell playoff defeat

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I wish they'd stop saying Rangers as other clubs are involved. The collective should be known as the requestioner clubs or something like that.

Cos we are world famous don't you know, imagine going on holiday and someone says " what team do you support" , you answer " Stranraer,"  they then say  " who are they" 

Enough said.

38 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There has been a lot of talk about bringing the game into disrepute. They talk about moving forward but nothing would surprise me if they tried to penalize us.

For following protocol?

HG5 and bornabear like this
1 hour ago, adam2102 said:

Weak statement

It's how the board has played it from the start. Say enough and then sit back while they work on the details. Meanwhile, those at the SPFL and the press will be writing allsorts about it, clambering over what our next move will be. 

As many have said, today's outcome was expected and the board will have been waiting for it so they can move on with the next step. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I hope you are right but how would we win that vote ?

I cannot see where the backing for that would come from. I obviously hope I am wrong.

You're right mate, I already explained it, but it seems some folk can't or won't read basic English.

Bears r us likes this
4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

“Our decision to vote for today’s resolution had nothing to do with Rangers, or Hearts and Stranraer for that matter. It had everything to do with Aberdeen Football Club and our real concerns over governance and transparency of our game, in particular with the SPFL leadership. We urge Dons fans to read our full statement published yesterday and not just newspaper headlines.

“We believe that the objective assessment of recent events, an independent inquiry would have provided, was the best way of reaching a position from which everyone involved could move forward. Because we believe that, we voted for the resolution, even though at no time did we think the resolution would succeed.

“But with 31% of clubs voting for the resolution plus two abstentions, it’s clear there is much work to be done between the SPFL and member clubs.

“We’ve been on a crusade at AFC to dramatically improve fan engagement and being transparent with our fans, letting them know exactly what the Club is facing and what’s behind our decisions, is central to this. We expect and deserve the same transparency from the SPFL. Our hope is that the SPFL will reflect on the vote and look seriously at how governance and transparency can be improved for the benefit of all its members and in the interests of Scottish football which is facing a crisis unlike anything we’ve ever experienced before.

“We do however respect the outcome and will continue to work collaboratively with the SPFL and all clubs in a determined and focused drive to get back to playing football, safely, and as soon as we possibly can.

“We’ve said our piece, we’ll continue to fight for what we believe is right, and personally I’ll now get back to focusing on the joint efforts of the Club and Community Trust surviving this crisis. Make no mistake, we at Aberdeen Football Club will always stand free!”

Dave Cormack

Bad Robot likes this

The next step might have been a vote of no confidence but given the division of votes that would be very doubtful now

so do we go the legal route or are there other hurdles we need to jump?

maybe BNB can throw some light in our direction?

Sweetheart and HG5 like this
1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

“Our decision to vote for today’s resolution had nothing to do with Rangers, or Hearts and Stranraer for that matter. It had everything to do with Aberdeen Football Club and our real concerns over governance and transparency of our game, in particular with the SPFL leadership. We urge Dons fans to read our full statement published yesterday and not just newspaper headlines.

“We believe that the objective assessment of recent events, an independent inquiry would have provided, was the best way of reaching a position from which everyone involved could move forward. Because we believe that, we voted for the resolution, even though at no time did we think the resolution would succeed.

“But with 31% of clubs voting for the resolution plus two abstentions, it’s clear there is much work to be done between the SPFL and member clubs.

“We’ve been on a crusade at AFC to dramatically improve fan engagement and being transparent with our fans, letting them know exactly what the Club is facing and what’s behind our decisions, is central to this. We expect and deserve the same transparency from the SPFL. Our hope is that the SPFL will reflect on the vote and look seriously at how governance and transparency can be improved for the benefit of all its members and in the interests of Scottish football which is facing a crisis unlike anything we’ve ever experienced before.

“We do however respect the outcome and will continue to work collaboratively with the SPFL and all clubs in a determined and focused drive to get back to playing football, safely, and as soon as we possibly can.

“We’ve said our piece, we’ll continue to fight for what we believe is right, and personally I’ll now get back to focusing on the joint efforts of the Club and Community Trust surviving this crisis. Make no mistake, we at Aberdeen Football Club will always stand free!”

Dave Cormack

Aye, right you are Dave. Away back up liewell's arse.

I think it's a decent enough statement tbh.

It's polite and recognises the teams who voted with us, but re-emphasises the fact that things are not right.

The last line at the end is telling, the status quo cannot hold.

I don't think that statement means we are finished going on that. I hope (as I've said before) our next move is a nuclear move. It has to be. Surely now they've seen the need to escalate this shit to a higher state to get the desired outcome. Whether we do or not (the nuclear escalation) is the frustrating thing. It shouldn't even be up for debate.

Domthenbud, Sweetheart, HG5 and 1 other like this
9 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Stupid question mate but, why do we have so many folk ready to give up so easily at the slightest mishap.?   Is it a new generation of super wimps or what ?

I don’t know mate.

I think a lot of it is to do with the lack of patience with some, which is understandable, given the utter hell we’ve been through these last few years. This, imo, still has legs in it yet, and the statement says as much itself.

No sure about the ‘new generation’ thing mind you, I’m only in my mid twenties :lol:

Blumhoilann likes this