Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

BAD TIMES 

EX-SFA chief Regan insists SPFL have caused irreparable damage to Scottish football

Colin Duncan

11 May 2020, 18:27

STEWART REGAN insists the SPFL’s mishandling of the coronavirus crisis has caused irreparable damage to Scottish football.

The former SFA chief executive reckons the process to prematurely end the season was botched from start to finish.

Regan feels that call, and the decision to withhold prize money until after the recent vote, has caused deep divisions which might never be repaired.

Ahead of tomorrow's SPFL EGM and Rangers' motion to have an independent enquiry into the current shambles, the ex-SFA supremo lamented the sorry state of affairs.

Regan said: “It is one hell of a mess and it needs unravelling.

"It needs some strong leadership to try and get all of the relevant parties into one place.

“It looks like herding cats by the sound of things.

“I said several weeks ago that the league season needed to be played out to a conclusion.

“One of the reasons for that was that if you brought it to a premature end it would require human intervention by club chairman and owners in order to decide what happens.

“The minute you have some clubs intervening to decide what happens to other clubs then you have a massive problem.

"And that is where we are now.

“You have clubs intervening in other clubs futures and that then puts relationships on the line.

“Right now it has escalated to the point people are issuing statements and making legal threats.

“It has got the potential to cause relationships damages that might never be fixed. And that is not a great place for Scottish football.

“Why does the season have to finish?

“This is a solution which needs creative thinking - not just black and white, let's kill it and cause absolute civil war between the people sat round the table.

“Why are some countries like Germany and England saying they will do what it takes to put the games back on and get the season completed?”

Rangers and a number of other teams have also claimed the SPFL put pressure on clubs ahead of the vote to end the season.

Regan firmly believes the whole process was unnecessarily rushed and was perplexed the Hampden chiefs didn’t hand their member clubs a financial lifeline while a more workable solution could be reached.

He told BBC Scotland: “There are two fundamental flaws on how things have unfolded so far.

“The first is by saying the season had to be completed to pay the money out.

“There could have been an alternative which was saying you get a percentage of your money, say 80 per cent, paid up front and then when the season's finished you do the balancing act based on what else you pay.

“Most clubs would not move positions dramatically from where they are now.

“If you got the money out there it would help clubs to manage the cash flow challenges they were facing at the point they were asked to vote.

“The second flaw was asking to make a decision in 48 hours when in reality it could have taken up to 28 days.

“Those two things together have put massive pressure on Scottish football to make it like a pressure cooker situation.

“And suddenly it has exploded into an independent investigation.

“A request for an investigation is just a way of saying I’m dissatisfied, I’m upset with how this has materialised.”

Is this interview and content commonly known and I've just missed it? 😳

Pretty fucking damning towards the conduct of the SPFL.

Holy fuck man, he said everything but spill the beans on Lawwell (who got him fired).

I never saw that coming.

edit: just saw the date!!

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You seen article before?

Not that article.

I did see a bit with Regan's face on BBC on the day quoted on it. 

All it said was that Regan hoped the clubs would do the right thing tomorrow ( our EGM) 

Edit. Once again, BBC being economical with truth.

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

BAD TIMES 

EX-SFA chief Regan insists SPFL have caused irreparable damage to Scottish football

Colin Duncan

11 May 2020, 18:27

STEWART REGAN insists the SPFL’s mishandling of the coronavirus crisis has caused irreparable damage to Scottish football.

The former SFA chief executive reckons the process to prematurely end the season was botched from start to finish.

Regan feels that call, and the decision to withhold prize money until after the recent vote, has caused deep divisions which might never be repaired.

Ahead of tomorrow's SPFL EGM and Rangers' motion to have an independent enquiry into the current shambles, the ex-SFA supremo lamented the sorry state of affairs.

Regan said: “It is one hell of a mess and it needs unravelling.

"It needs some strong leadership to try and get all of the relevant parties into one place.

“It looks like herding cats by the sound of things.

“I said several weeks ago that the league season needed to be played out to a conclusion.

“One of the reasons for that was that if you brought it to a premature end it would require human intervention by club chairman and owners in order to decide what happens.

“The minute you have some clubs intervening to decide what happens to other clubs then you have a massive problem.

"And that is where we are now.

“You have clubs intervening in other clubs futures and that then puts relationships on the line.

“Right now it has escalated to the point people are issuing statements and making legal threats.

“It has got the potential to cause relationships damages that might never be fixed. And that is not a great place for Scottish football.

“Why does the season have to finish?

“This is a solution which needs creative thinking - not just black and white, let's kill it and cause absolute civil war between the people sat round the table.

“Why are some countries like Germany and England saying they will do what it takes to put the games back on and get the season completed?”

Rangers and a number of other teams have also claimed the SPFL put pressure on clubs ahead of the vote to end the season.

Regan firmly believes the whole process was unnecessarily rushed and was perplexed the Hampden chiefs didn’t hand their member clubs a financial lifeline while a more workable solution could be reached.

He told BBC Scotland: “There are two fundamental flaws on how things have unfolded so far.

“The first is by saying the season had to be completed to pay the money out.

“There could have been an alternative which was saying you get a percentage of your money, say 80 per cent, paid up front and then when the season's finished you do the balancing act based on what else you pay.

“Most clubs would not move positions dramatically from where they are now.

“If you got the money out there it would help clubs to manage the cash flow challenges they were facing at the point they were asked to vote.

“The second flaw was asking to make a decision in 48 hours when in reality it could have taken up to 28 days.

“Those two things together have put massive pressure on Scottish football to make it like a pressure cooker situation.

“And suddenly it has exploded into an independent investigation.

“A request for an investigation is just a way of saying I’m dissatisfied, I’m upset with how this has materialised.”

Is this interview and content commonly known and I've just missed it? 😳

Pretty fucking damning towards the conduct of the SPFL.

Where the fuck has this appeared from?? I think I’ve read literally everything that’s been said on the subject over the past days.  

1 hour ago, SpidermansGaffer said:

Where the fuck has this appeared from?? I think I’ve read literally everything that’s been said on the subject over the past days.  

hidden from view, wonder why???

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Me neither. First I've seen it though maybe missed it amongst the1111 pages 🥴

It's certainly never been on this thread, we would have remember it as it is huge.

Plus, SH was busy behind the scenes, can't see how she missed it.

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

21 with a 40 year history.

Age denial loyal.

I’m replying to your post above re Regan, cos I’m not quoting that screed.

Reasonable enough, from an unexpected source. 

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You seen article before?

:tu:

Like you mate .... I have been glued to this thread since page one ..... no one has seen this article before now ..... a positive article is never going to be let out until the dirty deed has been done ...... late or not it was a good find mate ..... and shows just how contrived this whole mess has been played out and orchestrated to suit the one club.

🇬🇧

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

First time even knowing this clown had spoken who kept it hidden and why

Pretty sure the daily rhebal published it in part on Monday, just done a quick Google search at it looks like it was published around back of 3pm.

Regan is a little late with all the honesty .It now looks like sour grapes 

If he is going to come out .Just give us the lot and own up to being part of the corruption .You just become the patsy at that  point .Much like Doncaster will eventually 

If Regan has any balls .Get Liewell named and shamed 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Regan is a little late with all the honesty .It now looks like sour grapes 

If he is going to come out .Just give us the lot and own up to being part of the corruption .You just become the patsy at at point .Much like Doncaster will eventually 

He did interview on Monday mate!!!

Archived