Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

2 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

I think this is the next proposal. 

Tarriers champions. Hamilton and Hearts stay up. Dundee Utd and Inverness come up. Partick Thistle, Stranraer all stay up etc. 

Where is the benefit to Dundee? They lose the one thing they want to keep - the Dundee derby - AND don't get promoted.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'm not sure what the point of it was but I think it was only for that one game as well.

Strange choice tbf :lol:

It was their 'bet aware' campaign and will have been seen my more people than any other domestic game we'd been involved in.

1 minute ago, OceanRain said:

Can you imagine it?

"It's ludicrous to suggest that at any point we made Dundee any assurances with regard to their entry to the Scottish Premiership in return for supporting our resolution. We vehemently deny any such accusations.

On an entirely separate issue, we'd like to present to you the SPFL plans for a sixteen team Premiership set up for next season."

Nah.  It's not happening.

That's the kind of thing they would come out with. 

They are worried, that I'm sure of. They usually come out blustering and swinging within about half an hour of any statement from us. The fact they haven't shows me that we have them. They don't play the wait and see game. They attack. 

Hopefully we get a joint statement from the club's affected today.

6 minutes ago, SweepSweep said:

Heres the question i want asked, where in the rule book does it say you cannot distribute the money without handing out the league championship, where exactly does it say that.

It doesn’t. They have been caught out with that. They held it deliberately to use as leverage to force the vote their way. 

They have fucked up big time.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Where is the benefit to Dundee? They lose the one thing they want to keep - the Dundee derby - AND don't get promoted.

Think there is any chance that what Dundee seen as a opportunity/gift, they will now want to be well clear of ?

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Whatever else happens, even if the scum do get awarded the league, the stain on this title is permanent and no amount of spin or explanations  or even resignations will be able to cleanse it.

They have effectively fucked up their own NIAR and this year’s league will be classed alongside Juve’s match fixing and Marseille buying the debut CL.

If it were to come to pass, no one would remember or care in the future, that is why we must strike asap, to ensure it doesn’t come to pass.

Looking about other places momentum is already waning, let’s hope not in the boardroom.

12 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

Dundee are negotiating with 4 Committee members from SPFL.

How many Committee members are there and are any out the loop.

I have a bad feeling.

Yes its knickers in a twist syndrome again !!!

Robertson is on the board ,not sure if a committee was formed Seperate to sort this farse out though ,

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

It doesn’t. They have been caught out with that. They held it deliberately to use as leverage to force the vote their way. 

They have fucked up big time.

They overstepped their authority trying to push this through quickly as fearful of null & void. 

The Dundee guy referencing Neil speaking to Peter is unreal and proves celtics dirty mitts all over this

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

It's not interpretation. It doesnt say nul and void. There is no recommendation from him to nul and void.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Did he say nul and void or just to end it?

I'm sure he said both, season should be called off and restart next season.

Liewell would be aware of this, thus the panic in getting Friday's resolution through.

At the end of the day, it's EUFA' s wording when they do make a statement and liewell wasn't going to wait for them to say N&V.

Robertson could be busy speaking to other chairmen at this point letting them know there could be a problem in future with us distributing and handling away tickets to fill their grounds twice a year for them.

1 minute ago, markem said:

Think there is any chance that what Dundee seen as a opportunity/gift, they will now want to be well clear of ?

I think they are up to their neck in it. There's far too many wee coincidences for me to be able to sit down and look at the reported facts so far and accept that Dundee found themselves in this situation as the result of a happy accident:

Three CH clubs all aware of each others intent to vote no. (Two thistles and Dundee).

Whichever club of those three vote last KNOW they will sink it - regardless of how the other divisions vote.

Dundee reportedly come up with an alternative plan the morning of the vote which sees titles awarded but pro/rel scrapped (keeping Dundee Utd in the division with them and giving them two big home gates and extra TV cash from those being broadcast live).

Dundee's vote magically goes 'missing' and they release a statement critical of the resolution but never actually confirming which way they voted (if at all)

Dundee suddenly decide not to resubmit despite having been adamant they would vote it down before.

Dundee's chairman quoted as seeing it as being an opportunity to negotiate.

Dundee maintain radio silence now for 40+ hours.

If ANYONE thinks that's all just serendipitous on Dundee's behalf, I've got a bridge you might be interested in buying.

3 minutes ago, semaj said:

Robertson could be busy speaking to other chairmen at this point letting them know there could be a problem in future with us distributing and handling away tickets to fill their grounds twice a year for them.

Then again, he couldn't be.

Rangers fans will never boycott away games, it's in their blood.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They could end up getting shafted out of this entirely. Realistically who would vote against it? 

There would only be 2 clubs that it would shaft being us and Dundee

27 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I know it doesn't fit in with your numbers but it was 2008 that corruption really started for me. The amount of games we played in May of 2008 while trying to represent Scotland in a European final was ridiculous. I hadn't seen it before and I haven't seen it since but it astounded me at the time that we had a single days rest between playing Motherwell on the Saturday (#edited) then ST Mirren I think on the Monday. Genuinely never seen that with the exception of non-competitive friendlies. 

Funnily enough, 2008 was also when I accepted corruption was rife in Scottish football. Although that was as much for the bent officiating as the fixture fiasco. 

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's a fair point. Just an funny choice of words to put on our shirts for such a game :lol:

So it was just for one game then?

Aye just that one, we've had a couple ad boards with the same message on it too. I just remember it because I spent ages waiting on Gettys pics going up at worl so I could see what it said 

Archived