Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

5 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

They will not chose the mayhem of their pockets terminally being hit over the mayhem of clubs around the continent have hurt feelings over titles and relegations.

Don't really understand how null and void hits their pockets anymore than handing out titles/ relegations  to people who haven't earned them. Obviously finishing all games somehow is still the desired outcome.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I'd be surprised if the police get involved. There might be a fair amount of shadiness going on but I'm far from convinced there's criminality. If there is - and we have evidence of it - our statement was directed in entirely the wrong way.

I’m very keen to see the evidence.

Criminality or not it’s gaurenteed to be damning 

1 minute ago, dougal72 said:

Don't really understand how null and void hits their pockets anymore than handing out titles/ delegations  to people who haven't earned them. Obviously finishing all games somehow is till the desired outcome.

Becuause it opens up the likelihood of commercial contracts being breached, tickets needing to be refunded and there isn't any mechanism for them to do so. UEFA have absolutely no jurisdiction to mandate to any league how they end their season.

4 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

I have severe doubts there will ever be police involvement 

Has the law been broken? If so which law?

Definitely collusion between clubs in their respective factions - not sure it amounts to criminal activity. Willing to be proven wrong - I’m nowhere near an expert on the subject - just an opinion.

Need to see the evidence on Doncaster’s handling of this before I’d back police involvement.

Police involvement in this issue is with my presumption that the Dundee chairman is innocent in this and it’s Drysdale that has caused this issue.  Just putting another point of view forward to be honest, not sure if I’m 100% behind this presumption. Dundee chairman seemed to be thoroughly behind a no vote. All information from the WhatsApp photo comes from Drysdale, this information was false from the onset and is him trying to work a plan with others to alter Dundee’s preferred  choice. The vote was never put forward, he just left the rest thinking it was and now the Dundee chairman has involved the police. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Becuause it opens up the likelihood of commercial contracts being breached, tickets needing to be refunded and there isn't any mechanism for them to do so. UEFA have absolutely no jurisdiction to mandate to any league how they end their season.

Surely all that still happens if the games aren't played whatever the outcome. 

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

See if you think seeing an image of the voting slip is 'proof' it was sent to the SPFL.

Does that mean celtic voted no? Or is it easy enough to put one thing out publicly and do another privately?

(Just to be clear, I made the celtic voting slip in a matter of minutes)

image.thumb.png.2d6e4e3a9cc393d47e214ba40005d4c0.png

I don’t think it proves anything. I just think it is implausible that the club secretary tells others in real time that he has submitted it if he hadn’t. Far better ways to deal with it if he hadn’t - blame the boss, go quiet etc. Doesn’t stack up if the WhatsApps are real. 

13 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It’s pure and undisguised self interest, the last sentences sum him up.

Clark was part of a video conference call yesterday afternoon involving the SPFL, the Scottish FA and all ten League One clubs.

Top of the agenda was the league body’s proposal to end the Championship, League One and League Two campaigns based on points accrued per game, which would see Rovers progress as champions of the third tier.

A total of 15 clubs from League One and Two would need to vote in favour of the resolution for it to be passed but from gauging opinion from his peers, Clark insists that is unlikely.

Clark said: “I think it will be a very close call, my gut feeling is that it probably won’t get over the line.

“As you would expect there was very mixed opinions about it, there is no doubt a number of clubs will oppose it

“Clubs who are going to miss out or be relegated are going to oppose, and clubs who are maybe in the play-off position, and even clubs below that, have indicated that they won’t vote for it.”

Clark even insists the financial incentive of clubs being paid prize money based on league positions would not be enough to alter certain opinions.

He added: “We did discuss the cash and so on and a number of clubs indicated that they weren’t too bothered about it, either because it was such a small amount if you’re down at the bottom of the league, and there were other clubs arguing that they did not need the money right away.

“There was a mixed reception in terms of the money being paid out although it leaves the clubs with financial difficulties in a very difficult position.”

Naturally, Clark insists his own team would be voting in favour of the proposal, with Raith a point clear of Falkirk at the summit with eight games left.

He added: “We’re top of the league and put a whole lot of effort into this season.

“The SPFL have produced the figures for points won and we’ve been top of the league for 21 out of 28 weeks.

“If we’re going to be denied being named as champions of League One I would be extremely disappointed.”

1 hour ago, SweepSweep said:

Heres the question i want asked, where in the rule book does it say you cannot distribute the money without handing out the league championship, where exactly does it say that.

They should do what they do in poker  everyone gets last place money at the minute then when the other shit gets sorted they give out the rest. In poker there is a thing called a chip chop everyone left gets last place money they then add up prize money that's left add up total number of chips and divide so each chip is worth a certain amount of money ie £1 million prize money left and there's a million chips in play each chip is worth £1. They could do this with the points won so far in the league if they can't finish the season. 

Just now, dougal72 said:

Surely all that still happens if the games aren't played whatever the outcome. 

To a much lesser degree. 

It's being reported down south now that, rather than a £300m+ rebate for the games missed this season, Sky will just settle for  the PL making it up in additional games next season. We aren't being afforded such a luxury as BT's contract ends in the summer and has no way of being made up with extra games.

2 minutes ago, BoydsFavouriteDonut said:

I don’t think it proves anything. I just think it is implausible that the club secretary tells others in real time that he has submitted it if he hadn’t. Far better ways to deal with it if he hadn’t - blame the boss, go quiet etc. Doesn’t stack up if the WhatsApps are real. 

WhatsApp’s must be real - corroborated by ICT at the start

4 minutes ago, BoydsFavouriteDonut said:

It doesn't stack up that that Eric Drysdale would claim he'd had death threats from Rangers fans when he hadn't, but he did.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

They have effectively fucked up their own NIAR and this year’s league will be classed alongside Juve’s match fixing and Marseille buying the debut CL.

This this this!! Just for wind up purposes alone, if they somehow are declared champions this has to be every Rangers fans narrative to them!!

Archived