Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

See I worry that they're calling our bluff because they're confident we don't actually have anything they can't squirm their way out of.

Think they would be quiet in that case. Maybe it's a double bluff.  😀

They are claiming that our resolution was declared as incompetent by 4.30pm Thursday afternoon in a video conference call to Championship clubs, despite telling us the SPFL lawyer hadn't clamped eyes on it until after 10pm that very same day. We weren't even made aware of it being unacceptable to them until the following morning.

They're fucked.

9 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

Never prove corruption.

It will be down as incompetence

I would love to nail LIEWELL but its probably unlikely

The corrupt lying piece of vermin, most probably has too many of his type to protect him. 

This shows up the spfl as being utterly biased towards Rangers FC. and anything that doesn't suit what they arrogantly thought they could achieve.

Wee Budge nails this in the following....

Rangers submitted their paperwork to the SPFL on Thursday 9th April and were advised that the Resolution required the support of 2 further clubs, before it could be considered. We had already publicly stated that we supported Rangers in this matter and duly, at 3.47pm, submitted an identical Resolution to the SPFL, receipt of which was promptly acknowledged at 3.50pm. We did not receive any subsequent correspondence on this matter until 11.57am on Friday 10th April, when we received an email from the SPFL notifying us that the Resolution was not competent. Our in-house lawyer contacted the SPFL to understand in what manner the Resolution was not competent, to be informed that the issue was the use of the single word “instructed” as opposed to “requested” (That the Board of the Company be authorised and instructed as follows:). I am not a lawyer but find it quite incomprehensible that this should hold up the whole process. 

My observations are that if the SPFL genuinely wanted to work with member clubs to find a solution to the matter of releasing funds they could and should have reverted both more timeously and more helpfully. I have also been advised, from various reliable sources, that on a video call with the Championship clubs at approximately 4.30pm on Thursday, it was stated that the Ranger’s Resolution was incompetent.  I would stress that I was not personally on that call. However, assuming, as I do, that this remark was made, I have to wonder why we were not so advised until lunch-time the following day. Once again, I strongly question the process.

Apologies if this has already been asked/discussed ... in light of the new information that clubs can request money from the SPFL and it's as easy as filling out a form, could we see some of the clubs who voted YES change their vote to NO and sink their resolution without the Dundee fiasco lingering on any longer? 

8 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

The fact the SPFL are asking for evidence of corruption and wrongdoing within the SPFL, is proof in itself of corruption and wrongdoing within the SPFL tbh.

Why would the "complainant" hand over evidence to the organisation they're making the allegations against and have already asked for an independent inquiry into that organisation. 

The SPFL are trying to use the fact Rangers haven't, or are unwilling to, provide evidence as a way of undermining our allegations- when the reality is, Rangers would be crazy to give them anything at this time.

Let an independent enquiry deal with this and get it all out in the open- let's see what other skeletons are in the cupboard here.

Hello police, I'd like to make a complaint about 2 officers.

No problem sir, we'll send those 2 officers round to take your complaint.

8 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

The fact the SPFL are asking for evidence of corruption and wrongdoing within the SPFL, is proof in itself of corruption and wrongdoing within the SPFL tbh.

Why would the "complainant" hand over evidence to the organisation they're making the allegations against and have already asked for an independent inquiry into that organisation. 

The SPFL are trying to use the fact Rangers haven't, or are unwilling to, provide evidence as a way of undermining our allegations- when the reality is, Rangers would be crazy to give them anything at this time.

Let an independent enquiry deal with this and get it all out in the open- let's see what other skeletons are in the cupboard here.

I hope that there is an independent enquiry, but at this time I struggle to visualise who the members of this “independent” panel would be.  Time will tell.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Fuck knows if they will. Last I heard they talked to our board yesterday. That's it.

Had it been Milne I’d have said no chance would they do the right thing, they’d have just toed the line for the scum but with cormack who knows.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Apologies if this has already been asked/discussed ... in light of the new information that clubs can request money from the SPFL and it's as easy as filling out a form, could we see some of the clubs who voted YES change their vote to NO and sink their resolution without the Dundee fiasco lingering on any longer? 

No. 

Once votes submitted, cant revoke.

Surely there is some of legality against clubs being allowed to retract their vote after the results of the vote has been published knowing that their original vote  being reversed will change the outcome of the vote.  The clubs that have voted yes aren’t giving the same foresight to change their vote. Even if and it’s a big if spfl version of events is true it’s still fucked up. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No. 

Once votes submitted, cant revoke.

OK cheers.

But Dundee can make a statement, then submit, told it's lost and allowed to resubmit whenever they are ready anytime within 28-days lol what a farce (stating the obvious, I know)

23 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Do u think with our latest statement clubs will change the votes?

I don’t think they can.

15 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

It's maybe just me but I think she says a lot without really saying anything tbh.

Sorry, but she says a lot there.

Just now, British_Empire said:

OK cheers.

But Dundee can make a statement, then submit, told it's lost and allowed to resubmit whenever they are ready anytime within 28-days lol what a farce (stating the obvious, I know)

I personally think the request to cancel the submitted vote would fall if challenged.

All the criteria of the Companies Act have been met, I'd doubt a technical glitch would get them out of it. Imo, the spfl have now confirmed the correct paperwork has been received for a no vote and are wrong to allow the submission to be revoked.

But I ain't no lawyer.

Archived