Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

It is standard for members’ written resolutions under the Companies Act to be circulated and for there to be a 28 day acceptance period. 

As has been pointed out, if a supporting vote is received then it’s irrevocable. Technically speaking, any SPFL club which has voted ‘no’ already can submit a second vote with a ‘yes’. But anyone who votes ‘yes’ can’t retract it or change it to ‘no’. 

It is actually pretty unusual for written resolutions to have the option of voting ‘no’. Usually they are only framed in a positive way, with any person who would not back it (or vote ‘no’) simply not responding. It will be passed as soon as supporting responses are received from 75% of the members (for example). On the other hand it won’t officially fail until the 28 day period lapses. 

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Yeah, I know, but the OP was suggesting we take our vote back and then wait the full 28 days to vote in order to delay all this.

But if there are enough "yes" votes in the Premier League, us withdrawing a "no" vote is inconsequential regardless of what way we vote when we resubmit the vote again. So they could plow on without our vote surely. No?

1 minute ago, Amato said:

But if there are enough "yes" votes in the Premier League, us withdrawing a "no" vote is inconsequential regardless of what way we vote when we resubmit the vote again. So they could plow on without our vote surely. No?

I was just pointing out the OPs plan wouldn’t work 🤣

3 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Everything rests on Dundee now 

I reckon they will buckle and vote yes and it will get fast tracked through before anyone even knows 

Irrelevant how they vote, it's much bigger than the outcome of the vote now

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

Even if they buckle though, surely the very first thing us/Hearts/Partick etc would do is challenge it. It's one thing losing a legitimate democratic vote and quite another getting fucked other because of rigged, illegitimate governance.

Aye but they will rush it through, tims will get what they want, and if will give them time to get their stories straight and ‘justify’ the whole process 

if Dundee buckle it’s fucked 

Just now, wearethepeople1 said:

Aye but they will rush it through, tims will get what they want, and if will give them time to get their stories straight and ‘justify’ the whole process 

if Dundee buckle it’s fucked 

Would love for Dundee to stick to their guns and put celtic for trying to coerce them. It’s about time the rest of the 40 clubs start to stand up for themselves and stop sucking Liewells cock

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Would love for Dundee to stick to their guns and put celtic for trying to coerce them. It’s about time the rest of the 40 clubs start to stand up for themselves and stop sucking Liewells cock

Don’t see it 

they will buckle and vote yes

it will fast tracked through 

the spfl will face challenges, but will go with ‘now is not the time to deal with these complaints, there is more important things going on in the world’ 

it will takes months for anything to come to fruition and even then the appetite for all this will have dwindled and clubs will just want to play football

BLATANT CORRUPTION 

Scottish football is corrupt to the core and the thing that will come out at the end of all this is my club stood up to it.

We didn’t get bullied.

We didn’t back the bheasts for money.

We want what is best for the game as a whole.

We want funds to go to clubs that desperately need it.

We don’t want clubs unfairly punished.

Stand up and be proud Rangers Football Club.

I am as proud as fuck to be a supporter, I am ashamed of this country. 

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Scottish football is corrupt to the core and the thing that will come out at the end of all this is my club stood up to it.

We didn’t get bullied.

We didn’t back the bheasts for money.

We want what is best for the game as a whole.

We want funds to go to clubs that desperately need it.

We don’t want clubs unfairly punished.

Stand up and be proud Rangers Football Club.

I am as proud as fuck to be a supporter, I am ashamed of this country. 

Post of the day in my book

f652e2dcddf3b23763b2e0518b030522.gif

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Post of the day in my book

f652e2dcddf3b23763b2e0518b030522.gif

Cheers mate, just seeing teams coming out and saying they can’t vote to relegate teams which will mean job losses yet the fucking SPFL want exactly that to give those child abusing bastards a title they didn’t win. 👍

If Dundee change their vote then there has to be a full independent enquiry into this, in no way can a club submit a no vote which vetoes the resolution for the vote to mysteriously go missing.....then after 48 hrs of silence they change their stance to push the resolution through!!!

It stinks to the high heavens of blatant corruption and vote rigging, this sorry state of affairs cannot be allowed to pass without the appropriate actions to take place.

We all know the Jap has his dirty paedophile fingers allover this....can somecunt please find evidence out there that nails the slimey bastard once and for all.

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Cheers mate, just seeing teams coming out and saying they can’t vote to relegate teams which will mean job losses yet the fucking SPFL want exactly that to give those child abusing bastards a title they didn’t win. 👍

There is zero point in having a vote to relegate teams, call champions etc at the start of April. Don't see anyone else doing the same in the same circumstances.

Archived