Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Yeah, and on behalf of the league itself. Plus the inclusion of indirect sums basically gives them free reign to demand whatever figure they fancy.

Thanks, was thinking that. Effectively cripple any club that resigned without sticking to a two year notice period. 👍

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

"Rangers better get us a win" 

Unless we can turn into 26% of the league and revote then we can't get a win on this vote. 

It would need to come via courts but as its a members club these wins ain't fucking easy.

The best I think we can hope for is the removal of the board. 

People keep going on about us, we are 13 points behind with a game in hand and 2 games vs our main rivals which could turn it to 4, however it really is hearts and ptfc who really need to drive this with the fact both of them are going to be relegated when they can catch the team above and in fact thistle have a game in hand and only a 2 point defecit to turn around. 

If we've evidence then I hope it's strong and used against the cunts but with us being the main drivers then it's the "sore loser" "they're 13 points behind" shite we will get. 

See if I was a thistle or hearts fan the now I'd be in bits at my club. But I do think the fact it's a members club will prevent any win in a legal case and will just end up with resignations. 

Hope Dundee enjoy their friendlies 

Every one a sell out eh! the only thing  sold out is themselves, they may think they have been really cute here but everyone can see right through the charade and can see them for the devious snakes that they really are, I can see plenty directors of the opposition refusing access to their boardroom after matches therein blowing a tradition that has been going on since football come to be out the water, except in the friendlies when the green bunting and balloons can be displayed, massive og imo.

Imagine a league body being caught out bribing and coercing teams into voting the way they want to benefit one team.

Then that league body just keeps doing it because it doesn’t give a fuck.

What they are doing is illegal but they just keep going.

What does Lawwell have over them?

Pictures of Doncaster and MacLennan pumping each other? Pumping farm animals? 

It must be something big for them to keep going when the risks to them personally are huge. 

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Imagine a league body being caught out bribing and coercing teams into voting the way they want to benefit one team.

It must be something big for them to keep going when the risks to them personally are huge. 

They were only following orders (must say that in a German accent)

I still think the spfl accepting revocation of the no vote by Dundee will be challenged by clubs if Dundee now vote yes. They effectively are ignoring the vote sent rather than allowing a no vote to be changed to a yes which I'd imagine is a can of worms stuff.

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Power corrupts.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

They have the SPFL in their pocket.

35 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

"Rangers better get us a win" 

Unless we can turn into 26% of the league and revote then we can't get a win on this vote. 

It would need to come via courts but as its a members club these wins ain't fucking easy.

The best I think we can hope for is the removal of the board. 

People keep going on about us, we are 13 points behind with a game in hand and 2 games vs our main rivals which could turn it to 4, however it really is hearts and ptfc who really need to drive this with the fact both of them are going to be relegated when they can catch the team above and in fact thistle have a game in hand and only a 2 point defecit to turn around. 

If we've evidence then I hope it's strong and used against the cunts but with us being the main drivers then it's the "sore loser" "they're 13 points behind" shite we will get. 

See if I was a thistle or hearts fan the now I'd be in bits at my club. But I do think the fact it's a members club will prevent any win in a legal case and will just end up with resignations. 

Hope Dundee enjoy their friendlies 

Our only hope is that those clubs utterly sickened by the whole thing join forces with us. Hearts & Thistle obviously will but others who are not at all happy despite having no real impact on them (Inverness, Hibs, Aberdeen in particular) are key here. Will they look for heads to roll or will they, as they usually do have their bellies tickled, take their money & let it lie. 

6 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Every one a sell out eh! the only thing  sold out is themselves, they may think they have been really cute here but everyone can see right through the charade and can see them for the devious snakes that they really are, I can see plenty directors of the opposition refusing access to their boardroom after matches therein blowing a tradition that has been going on since football come to be out the water, except in the friendlies when the green bunting and balloons can be displayed, massive og imo.

Most directors of other clubs have voted yes also so that won’t be issue, however I don’t think knelms has considered the opinions of Dundee fans in this, most will be livid if he changes his vote

1 minute ago, stu43rigger said:

Most directors of other clubs have voted yes also so that won’t be issue, however I don’t think knelms has considered the opinions of Dundee fans in this, most will be livid if he changes his vote

Except of course Hibs and Aberdeen were doubtful and there are plenty of journalists stating categorically clubs only voted for this so funds would be released.

The Dundee emails are bad but it is the availability of loans which will change views here. That is the lie that matters directly to them.

10 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Just said as much.  They’re just battering on with this sham regardless.  Sickening.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I still think the spfl accepting revocation of the no vote by Dundee will be challenged by clubs if Dundee now vote yes. They effectively are ignoring the vote sent rather than allowing a no vote to be changed to a yes which I'd imagine is a can of worms stuff.

This what I don’t understand. They voted NO and allegedly that vote was “lost” in cyberspace for a couple of hours but the SPFL have admitted that they got the vote later on. How can that be changed? That’s like me voting labour then phoning the polling station later on and saying “see that vote I put in for labour well I actually wanted to vote Tory, could you just disregard it and I will be down later to put in a new slip”. It just doesn’t happen that way. It’s right up there with the once in a lifetime vote for independence unless of course Scotland says No then we’ll keep pushing for a new vote until we get what we want!

I have to say I was all gung ho for Rangers fighting and winning this battle but as the days goes on and the SPFL being so cocky I’m starting to think it’ll be us that come out of this with egg on our faces. I hope to god I’m wrong and whatever we have on them sink them and takes the east end bheasts with them

See the Daylate Rhebel are pushing lies to make null and void seem unacceptable.

They say BetVictor pulled their sponsorship of the Isthmian and Southern Leagues because they declared null and void.

That is a blatant lie.

They sponsorship was due to run our this summer so they pulled it early because football was done, they said it had nothing to do with this Coronavirus.

The Daylate Rhebel really are pushing for a title for a team that didn’t win it.

I found the quotes from BetVictor in a minute that proves the Rhebel are lying.

They must think the Internet is down or something 😂

Imo the only ways of stopping this is if:

1. Rangers go nuclear and have enough to expose significant corporate wrongdoing before Dundee vote Yes and its ratified by the spfl

2. Enough clubs who voted Yes, (who now cant revoke that vote) come out and say they were duped / misled/ coerced/ bullied by the spfl, again before Dundee vote Yes and that being ratified.

3  Dundee dont vote yes.

Tbh I'm struggling to see any of these happening. 

4 minutes ago, stu43rigger said:

Don't you think the yes voters did so before the 5 o clock deadline to grab the funds that they wrongly thought they would not be getting?

Assuming the Dundee vote is changed today, and shortly afterwards the corrupt SPFL announce celtic as 'champions', are there any positives here for us?

1. Given that they were always going to anoint celtic anyway, the fact that it's now being done via a blatant vote-rigging exercise makes this an even more dubious and tainted title than it was going to be;

2. The conduct of Lawwell and his three Stooges at the SPFL has been exposed - it remains to be seen whether there will be further repercussions on this front (although, personally, I doubt that). 

Not sure if there's anything else, but I am sure that our club has done the right thing over the past few days. We are functioning in a corrupt swamp though - modern Scotland.

Daily Record (Craig Swan)

---‐------------------------------

SPFL sent warning as football chief lays bare the damaging financial pitfalls of 'null and void'

Paul Lawler has outlined the potentially chaotic consequences facing our clubs.

Football chief Paul Lawler last night outlined the potentially chaotic consequences of declaring a league null and void.

Fans of clubs such as Rangers and Hearts want it enacted north of the border as the SPFL so far fail to reach an agreement on how best to conclude the 2019-20 campaign.

Null and void, however, is one nuclear option which has been kept well off the table.

South of the border, the threat of possible repayments totalling hundreds of millions to broadcasters alone made it a no-go area for the English Premier League.

However, as Lawler explained, financial implications from a null and void can devastate any tier of the game, even well down the pyramid in England.

The decision of the FA Council to take the stance with divisions below the EFL has sparked outrage and sponsors BetVictor have almost immediately ripped up an agreement with the National League.

The FA Council’s move also hit Lawler’s organisation the North West Counties Football League as the chief executive’s descriptions of how even the ninth-tier of the English game is affected gives a startling indication of what Scotland could face.

It’s not just sponsorship and broadcast where cash can be an issue. The National League’s complaints to the FA included South Shields seeking clarification on whether refunds for all tickets bought by supporters for those annulled games would be issued.

They asked about money being returned for costs accrued by clubs over the last six months for coach travel to away fixtures, which in their case amounted to approximately £20,000 for just one club.

In Lawler’s own letter to the FA on behalf of the NWCFC, questions ranged from lost sponsorships right through to refunding of fines for disciplinary issues which were gained in league matches which are now null and void.

If that image was to be mirrored in Scotland, what would it mean for clubs who have paid cash to launch an appeal against a red card or fight a Notice of Complaint which came about during a game which is declared null and void.

For example, Rangers were fined £10,000 over Ryan Kent and Alfredo Morelos’ Old Firm gestures during a game against celtic in December and were also hit with a further £5,000 punishment for failing to control their players during a match against Hibs at Easter Road in the same month.

If those games were deemed not to have taken place, is that money refundable?

Is the money the Ibrox supporters paid to get into each of those matches refundable? Or the cash paid by any fan to watch any game this season which has been declared not to have actually been played?

Lawler can see justifiable reasons for anyone to think so if his take on what has happened at his level of the game is a guide.

To add insult to injury, he was told by the FA that the fines issued for misbehaviour would not be paid back to clubs, despite the records of the matches being wiped away for good.

Lawler explained how null and void can bring up various unconsidered issues as he told Record Sport: “The English Premier League has an awful lot of money involved, but there is also money invested at our levels and all other levels of the game. The principles are the same.

“People have invested hard-earned money into something that is declared null and void and that causes quite a lot of upset.

“Football-wise, it’s obvious. Some clubs have gained automatic promotion and others are in position to win promotion and it has been taken away, but there are a lot of other unintended consequences.

“That was my complaint to the FA. We rushed into a decision without thinking of those unintended consequences.

“While there are contractual matters with sponsors at Premier League levels, it’s the same for all levels. As a league, I’ve got it for our sponsors.

“Fortunately, we are close to ours and they are understanding of the position we are in, but from a finance point of view, that could have hit our league very hard if you had to pay money back for not finishing a season.

“Clubs have sponsors as well. If they have signed a sponsorship for a season and it is deemed for whatever reason not to have taken place, I’d guess they are within their rights to ask for that money back.

“If you are a supporter and you have bought a season-ticket for your club, in theory, you are entitled to a refund on that because the club hasn’t fulfilled the contract that was agreed with the consumer.

“Now most football fans are resolute behind their clubs and won’t ask for it back. I haven’t heard about anyone asking at this stage, but it is the principle.

“It’s all in the same thing. Sponsors can come back for money, fans can come back for money, anyone who has paid for something that is deemed null and void has a valid point.

“Clubs quite rightly are saying are we going to get our money back because we have paid quite a lot this season in fines for a season which has technically now not taken place and our records from it have been expunged.

“The FA have said all Disciplinary matters stand for the season. It does seem a bit like double standards a bit.

“It feels like our decision was rushed. Up in Scotland, I know decisions haven’t been made yet and it’s been six weeks since football stopped, but we had to think more cleverly about how to solve this problem as it goes right through the system.”

27 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

160. No Club shall terminate its membership of the League unless it shall first have given two full Seasons notice in writing to the Secretary to the effect that it shall terminate its membership of the League.

161. Once given, written notice in terms of Article 160 may not be revoked or withdrawn by the Club except with the approval of the Company in General Meeting by Ordinary Resolution.

162. Any Club which is in breach of the provisions of Article 160 shall on demand indemnify the Company, on behalf of the other Clubs in the League, against all losses, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses suffered or incurred by such Clubs and/or the Company which result directly or indirectly from such breach (including, but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, any loss of income or profits from any sponsorship or other commercial agreement or arrangement entered into by the Company as a result of such breach).

We could only consider resigning if we had somewhere else to go. Otherwise, it would be a huge gamble.

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

This what I don’t understand. They voted NO and allegedly that vote was “lost” in cyberspace for a couple of hours but the SPFL have admitted that they got the vote later on. How can that be changed? That’s like me voting labour then phoning the polling station later on and saying “see that vote I put in for labour well I actually wanted to vote Tory, could you just disregard it and I will be down later to put in a new slip”. It just doesn’t happen that way. It’s right up there with the once in a lifetime vote for independence unless of course Scotland says No then we’ll keep pushing for a new vote until we get what we want!

I have to say I was all gung ho for Rangers fighting and winning this battle but as the days goes on and the SPFL being so cocky I’m starting to think it’ll be us that come out of this with egg on our faces. I hope to god I’m wrong and whatever we have on them sink them and takes the east end bheasts with them

And imagine being that one person who got told the current results prior to you then resumbitting your new vote which determined the overall result one way or the other ......

Daily Record (Gary Ralston)

---------------------------------

The deals Dundee chief Jon Nelms was trying to strike over SPFL vote

The Dens Park chief is now expected to vote yes on the resolution to end the season.

Dundee chief John Nelms attempted to offer rival clubs sweetheart deals after his SPFL voting U-turn.

Record Sport has seen an email sent by one leading SPFL chief executive to another, outlining the controversial dealings of the Dens powerbroker over the weekend.

It includes details of a plan by Nelms to cut prize money to rival clubs, including neighbours Dundee United, and distribute it to sides facing the drop from League One and the Championship.

Nelms also dangles the carrot of friendlies against top-flight clubs – and claims he has already arranged a match against one of the “big hitters”.

Dundee secretary Eric Drysdale sent his club’s ‘no’ vote to the SPFL offices shortly before 5pm on Friday but league bosses insist it didn’t arrive until later in the evening.

In the meantime, Nelms was alerted by the SPFL and told them not to consider his club’s vote cast. It would have led to the defeat of a resolution to call time on the season and distribute prize money to clubs.

Nelms contacted another SPFL chief executive by telephone the following day, Saturday, and outlined the pressures he was put under the night before when it became clear his vote was still up for grabs. Nelms said he had already been contacted by “five teams [who] were quite vociferous around approving the resolution”.

The SPFL club chief executive claims Nelms told him he was trying to broker a deal that would see prize money to promoted clubs Dundee United and Raith Rovers cut and offered to relegated outfits, particularly Partick Thistle and Stranraer.

The email, sent on Saturday evening, added that Nelms appeared to be trying to “negotiate percentages of league fees from teams that may be promoted... to offer to relegated clubs”.

Nelms also appeared to offer the chance to play lucrative pre-season friendlies with top-flight clubs and even claimed one had already agreed to a match at Dens when football starts again.

The chief executive’s email added: “Also pre-season friendlies with ‘big hitters’ then added that one top-flight outfit 'were coming to him [Nelms] this year.’”

Nelms did not respond to a request for comment.

Archived