Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen we either need to get our hard evidence out there or it’s all just talk which won’t stand up in a court.

Deloitte aren’t stupid they’ve either been given a very narrow scope for investigation to cover tracks or there is no evidence of wrongdoing.

47 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Celtics corporate board of directors has this guy on it.

Christopher McKay (42), Was appointedFinancial Director and joined the Board in January 2016. Mr McKay spent 18 years in professional services, most recently in a senior position with global consultancy firm Deloitte which he left to join the company.  He qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Deloitte in 2000 and has spent the last 15 years within the Financial Advisory area. He has extensive corporate financial advisory experience in many industries across the UK and International Markets.

15 years with Deloitte. What a coincidence that is.

Nothing to see here 😂😂😂

This shit needs highlighted to all media outlets. How on earth can they even pretend that’s “independent”. .....

BBC Scotland's chief sportswriter Tom English

Despite trumpeting its "comprehensive", "independent" and "forensic" investigation, the SPFL has left itself wide open to criticism, which may now come in waves. This has been a farrago with many layers, the controversy surrounding Dundee's no vote, which became a cancelled vote, which became a yes vote being just one of them.

The SPFL investigation has not answered any of the important questions around the Dundee voting affair. Why did they change their vote and go with the SPFL resolution? Who did they speak to before changing it? Were they put under any pressure to change it? If this investigation was forensic then we would have answers. We only have more questions.

The other layers to all of this are to do with the clubs suggesting that they were put under undue pressure to vote yes. Rangers have mentioned bullying. No other club has gone that far, but Hearts, Aberdeen and Falkirk have joined the Ibrox side in calling for a fully independent inquiry to look at all corners of this debacle, and there are other clubs that say they will reveal details of being leaned on to vote yes if they are asked to by an independent examiner. The SPFL wants that stuff to go away.

None of what these clubs have read in this missive from Hampden is likely to sate their desire for further examination of the SPFL's behaviour. It is needed now more than ever.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Just a matter of time before the person(s) who conducted the investigation @ Deloitte is found to be a season ticket holder at the midden.

Which is exactly why whatever firm does the investigation and audit has to come from outwith Scotland.

Scotland is too toxic and a compromised place with zero in the way of integrity. These people have top jobs at these survey, lawyer and auditing firms. It's rife. 

It's the truest definition of the term "marking your own homework" that's been branded about.  

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Despite trumpeting its "comprehensive", "independent" and "forensic" investigation, the SPFL has left itself wide open to criticism, which may now come in waves. This has been a farrago with many layers, the controversy surrounding Dundee's no vote, which became a cancelled vote, which became a yes vote being just one of them.

The SPFL investigation has not answered any of the important questions around the Dundee voting affair. Why did they change their vote and go with the SPFL resolution? Who did they speak to before changing it? Were they put under any pressure to change it? If this investigation was forensic then we would have answers. We only have more questions.

The other layers to all of this are to do with the clubs suggesting that they were put under undue pressure to vote yes. Rangers have mentioned bullying. No other club has gone that far, but Hearts, Aberdeen and Falkirk have joined the Ibrox side in calling for a fully independent inquiry to look at all corners of this debacle, and there are other clubs that say they will reveal details of being leaned on to vote yes if they are asked to by an independent examiner. The SPFL wants that stuff to go away.

None of what these clubs have read in this missive from Hampden is likely to sate their desire for further examination of the SPFL's behaviour. It is needed now more than ever.

English won't let this go it seems. 👍

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Which is exactly why whatever firm does the investigation and audit has to come from outwith Scotland.

Scotland is too toxic and a compromised place with zero in the way of integrity. These people have top jobs at these survey, lawyer and auditing firms. It's rife. 

It's the truest definition of the term "marking your own homework" that's been branded about.  

Think someone suggested at some point about getting the English fa or someone related to that organisation to get involved so there’s a thorough investigation but doubt they’ll give two fucks 

From the BBC Sport website 

The SPFL says an inquiry it ordered into Dundee's vote on the resolution to end the lower leagues has found "no evidence of improper behaviour".

Dundee had submitted a no vote which the league initially said was never received, before changing to a yes.

That switch proved decisive and the lower leagues were finished early.

Scottish Premiership clubs Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen want an investigation into the whole process, not just Dundee's vote.

"Deloitte's examination of phone records, mobile communications (including texts) and email data has identified no evidence of improper behaviour by SPFL personnel concerning the submission of the Dundee FC vote," the SPFL's independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey wrote in a letter to clubs.

"I hope that Scottish football will now focus on the significant issues that face our game, otherwise many clubs may not survive this period."

Rangers were the first club to call for an independent investigation after claiming they had evidence from a "whistleblower" of a lack of "fair play" as well as "bullying and coercion" of clubs to vote in favour of the proposals.

The Ibrox club called for the suspension of SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster and legal advisor Rod Mackenzie.

Hearts echoed the call for an inquiry with owner Ann Budge saying the league tried to "unduly influence" the outcome of the plans, and Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack said a probe was required to restore fans' faith in the process.

The inquiry commissioned by the SPFL and carried out by auditors Deloitte, looked at "the factual chronology relating to Dundee FC's return".

The resolution was backed by over 80% of Scotland's 42 senior clubs and gives the SPFL board the authority to prematurely end the Premiership.

The league's letter to clubs added the inquiry by Deloitte was ordered "to ensure complete probity and independence during this process".

What happened with the voting?

After the SPFL released the results of the poll shortly after the 1700 BST deadline on Friday 10 April, it emerged three clubs were yet to vote on the resolution.

The most significant was Championship side Dundee, because the league had already garnered enough votes from the Premiership and Leagues One and Two to pass the plans.

BBC Scotland were then given a photograph of a voting slip signed by Dundee's managing director John Nelms which signalled the club were going to vote no, and other clubs confirmed Dundee had told them that was their intention.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle chief executive Scot Gardiner then revealed Dundee secretary Eric Drysdale had intimated via WhatsApp that the Dens Park club had sent in their 'no' ballot.

But the league said it never arrived, and that instead they had received a message from Dundee saying they should not consider their vote cast.

Five days later Dundee backed the league's plans which allowed the lower leagues to be called. You can read a full breakdown of events here .

'We only have more questions' - analysis

Despite trumpeting their "comprehensive", "independent" and "forensic" investigation the SPFL have left themselves wide open to criticism, which may now come in waves. This has been a farrago with many layers, the controversy surrounding Dundee's no note which became a cancelled vote which became a yes vote being just one of them.

The SPFL investigation has not answered any of the important questions around the Dundee voting affair. Why did they change their vote and go with the SPFL resolution? Who did they speak to before changing it? Were they put under any pressure to change it? It this investigation was forensic then we'd have answers. We only have more questions.

The other layers to all of this are to do with the clubs suggesting that they were put under undue pressure to vote yes. Rangers have mentioned bullying. No other club has gone that far, but Hearts, Aberdeen and Falkirk have joined Rangers in calling for a fully independent inquiry to looking it all corners of this debacle and there are other clubs that say they will reveal details of being leaned on to vote yes if they are asked to by an independent examiner. The SPFL want that stuff to go away.

None of what these clubs have read in this missive from Hampden is likely to sate their desire for further examination of the SPFL's behaviour. It's needed now more than ever.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Gerrard was spot on when he made that analogy.

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Is this hollicom lying for them, 20:30 until it was found according to them. 

6D9D144C-E213-4335-8CA2-5D5773ADE9B8.jpeg

The email was received in the quarantined inbox at 16:48 but wasn't found until 20:30. That doesn't mean anyone was lying it simply means nobody had the sense to check the "quarantined inbox" before the deadline that wasn't actually a deadline so it should still have been counted anyway.

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Think someone suggested at some point about getting the English fa or someone related to that organisation to get involved so there’s a thorough investigation but doubt they’ll give two fucks 

Pointless getting English FA to do it. 

It's not really their business nor their area of expertise. I'd rather a non-footballing firm to quell any bias and look it at sensibly and not be sympathetic towards some aspects of it, for example, the problems in trying to get a consensus with all member clubs which the English FA could probably relate to (amongst many other aspects of the investigation).

Just now, British_Empire said:

Pointless getting English FA to do it. 

It's not really their business nor their area of expertise. I'd rather a non-footballing firm to quell any bias and look it at sensibly and not be sympathetic towards some aspects of it, for example, the problems in trying to get a consensus with all member clubs which the English FA could probably relate to (amongst many other aspects of the investigation).

I think maybe they meant more to get the English fa to recommend someone to do the investigation rather than them looking at anything themselves. That mob have planted that many seeds it’s hard for us to find someone impartial 

Never heard of an independent investigation appointed solely by this those who the complaints are about, and who gets to set the remit of the investigation.

A case of look at this carefully chosen sub set of the facts and tell us if we did something wrong. Stinks.

If I were the spfl I'd offer the names of various companies capable of carrying out an independent investigation and come to agreement with Rangers over one that was suitable and acceptable.

I'd then instruct them to independently carry out investigation into all aspects of the vote and the governance of it. This would be open ended rather than dictated parameters. I'd instruct them to consult privately and in confidence with Rangers regarding the whistleblower evidence, and conduct investigation into these matters.

I'd also give open and free access to systems, documents and personnel to allow investigation, analysis, interrogation and interview as required.

Finally I'd ask this company to feedback their conclusions for the first time at a video recorded presentation to a meeting consisting of Rangers and the spfl Board, with other clubs, media etc sent the recording after full deliberations have concluded.

I'd apply for a job at the spfl but I think my integrity would rule me out 😂

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If I were the spfl I'd offer the names of various companies capable of carrying out an independent investigation and come to agreement with Rangers over one that was suitable and acceptable.

I'd then instruct them to independently carry out investigation into all aspects of the vote and the governance of it. This would be open ended rather than dictated parameters. I'd instruct them to consult privately and in confidence with Rangers regarding the whistleblower evidence, and conduct investigation into these matters.

I'd also give open and free access to systems, documents and personnel to allow investigation, analysis, interrogation and interview as required.

Finally I'd ask this company to feedback their conclusions for the first time at a video recorded presentation to a meeting consisting of Rangers and the spfl Board, with other clubs, media etc sent the recording after full deliberations have concluded.

#IndependentInvestigationMyArse

😂

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Good post mate. 

It's not the integrity that would rule you out a job. It's having too much common sense 👍

Archived