Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

In the most honest and simple summary as I see it, here it is.

Option 1 - back the SPFL (celtic), the league is done, everyone’s position stays “as is” regardless of games in hand etc, you get your money now. Vote against it, then you can whistle for your dosh.

Option 2 - final money distributed based on current positions as interest free loans while we sort out a proper solution.

Apparently the requisite numbers were not met due to the NO from Dundee going from NO to NOT RECEIVED to NOT VALID to ARE YOU SURE THAT IS HOW YOU WANT TO VOTE?

Makes Eurovision look like a model democracy,

Fucking riddy to be Scottish to be honest.

Welcome back 😉

1.  Money doesn’t come in to it.  celtic fans themselves said, without integrity we might as well not even have a league.  

2.  Now we know money isn’t the most important factor what then?   The sporting integrity of the game everyone went on about back in 2012. That’s the main concern now, as it was then.

3.  celtic can’t be awarded a title they didn’t win on the grounds of sporting integrity.  If the entire fucking game collapses so be it.  Sporting integrity.

1 hour ago, the cry was no said:

This is a fucking disgrace. What the fuck is going on?

SUNSPORT can reveal Rangers' detailed account of events they believe show extensive dialogue with the SPFL long before the league body's explosive '10.18pm email' claim.

A war of words has broken about between the Ibrox side and league bosses about the timeline leading up to the failure of their members' resolution. 

Rangers' managing director Stewart Robertson has a seat on the SPFL board

Calling for cash to be dispensed on current league placings in the form of interest free loans which could then be set against final spots once the campaign was completed, it was deemed incompetent by the board this morning and therefore cannot proceed member clubs for a vote. 

The Ibrox side wasted little time in making their displeasure known, accusing the SPFL of bullying and saying they were "confused as to why attempts have been made to slow the progress of Rangers’ resolution".

The SPFL hit back, claiming they only been asked for formal legal advice on their resolution late last night.

A statement read: "Only at 10.18pm yesterday did the SPFL’s lawyer receive an email from Rangers seeking advice on the content of their resolution, which was put before the SPFL board first thing this morning."

But SunSport has obtained an account of the interactions between the club and governing body over the last three days.

And the account alleges it all begins shortly after all 42 member clubs had been told of the plan to cancel play in the lower leagues - and ask clubs to grant the board the power to make the same call in the top flight assuming it deems that matches cannot be played to a finish.

The source claims: "Stewart Robertson sent a copy of RFC resolution to Neil Doncaster ‪at 5.33pm on Wednesday.

"This was acknowledged by Neil Doncaster ‪at 6.24pm who said he would forward to the Board and be back in touch shortly

"ND emailed back at 11.03 am yesterday to say that before the resolution could be circulated by the Board there needed to be a requisition by at least 3 clubs. There was no suggestion that there were any issues with the text.

"RFC emailed the resolution to the SPFL at 2.50pm yesterday.

"SPFL acknowledged receipt shortly thereafter. No issues were raised with the text then or at any other time until we contacted them further."

"Rangers ascertained .. late yesterday evening that the SPFL had suggested to Championship clubs that the resolution was not competent and wouldn’t be sent to members.

"They were being told this before the SPFL had communicated with Rangers on the resolution.

"‪Rangers contacted the SPFL last night at 10.17pm after being informed of this asking how the resolution might be amended to overcome any concerns the SPFL might have.

"Rangers emailed the SPFL back ‪at 11.25 pm saying it would be helpful to hear in advance of the board meeting scheduled for this morning. That didn’t occur.

"Rangers again emailed this morning at 11.00am and then spoke to an SPFL official."

Fuckin done with Scottish football man and probably won't renew now no Rangers fault but I can't believe what's going on in a democratic vote people are being hounded to vote a certain way get tae fuck

Bunch a cheating corrupt cunts. Dundee will fold 100%

As for this article no words can describe that.

Forget improving the squad this summer Rangers should use that cash to force change through whatever channels legally

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Fuckin done with Scottish football man and probably won't renew now no Rangers fault but I can't believe what's going on in a democratic vote people are being hounded to vote a certain way get tae fuck

Forget improving the squad this summer Rangers should use that cash to force change through whatever channels legally

Why won’t you renew your season ticket? 

All you’re doing is punishing Rangers, we have enough cunts trying to do that as it is.

Edit, not saying you’re a cunt.

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

100%

Our primary focus now must be change (ie get the fucking set up fumigated eg DynoRod) throughout the Hampden cabal.

Failing that, an application to an external (ie English) league. This would mean forfeiture of EL monies short term but it is a price worth paying to no longer be part of corruption even if only as a victim.

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Why won’t you renew your season ticket? 

All you’re doing is punishing Rangers, we have enough cunts trying to do that as it is.

Edit, not saying you’re a cunt.

Renew why it's no Rangers fault mate and tbh its a over reaction but we clearly have zero chance of it ever being a level playing field again. 

The corrupt is blatant. 

Yet not one fucking journalist will stand up and question fuck all not for the good of Rangers for the good of the Scottish game.

Where has Dundee's no vote gone. 

In a democratic vote why is pressure being applied by a team and a organization that's supposed to be neutral in the spfl

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Nope. Pretty standard thing that you can't 'compete' with your employer. Christ, when I worked in Sainsburys, I wasn't allowed to also work part time at Asda. 

You should be back in the supermarket as you are an antagonistic  jumped up blogger at best.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Very small? I dunno, 30m page views and accreditation with 14 SPFL clubs isn't bad for 'very small websites.' Think the overall company does 300m page views each month. 

That is not that impressive as if you compare to say for instance my mates who work for the DM and the English Sun they can generate that off one story let alone a month. Whatever your pay slip says, and by the way I checked and a real journalist is not getting ' Journalist ' written in their payslip rather they are described as an employee of an organization but never journalist if you think that you are nuts. Heh I tell you what if we come out of this at some point I will ask  my mate and you can shadow him?

3 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

They may have to change their view on that

See where that goes,

31 minutes ago, TMB said:

It wouldn't put your job at risk if you wrote it anonymously.  You're just talking shit at this point.  

He knows that full well, The guy has an excuse or a reference at the ready whatever the outcome. 

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Renew why it's no Rangers fault mate and tbh its a over reaction but we clearly have zero chance of it ever being a level playing field again. 

The corrupt is blatant. 

Yet not one fucking journalist will stand up and question fuck all not for the good of Rangers for the good of the Scottish game.

Where has Dundee's no vote gone. 

In a democratic vote why is pressure being applied by a team and a organization that's supposed to be neutral in the spfl

I totally understand your frustration, it’s been going on for years.

5 hours ago, pcbear said:

wtf you on about?

My mate is a celtic fan, he knows fuck all about what's going on, hes just a fan, probably a bitter cunt but hes ma pal...and the thought of them getting another tainted one, this probably the most...rips him

2 hours ago, the cry was no said:

This is a fucking disgrace. What the fuck is going on?

SUNSPORT can reveal Rangers' detailed account of events they believe show extensive dialogue with the SPFL long before the league body's explosive '10.18pm email' claim.

A war of words has broken about between the Ibrox side and league bosses about the timeline leading up to the failure of their members' resolution. 

Rangers' managing director Stewart Robertson has a seat on the SPFL board

Calling for cash to be dispensed on current league placings in the form of interest free loans which could then be set against final spots once the campaign was completed, it was deemed incompetent by the board this morning and therefore cannot proceed member clubs for a vote. 

The Ibrox side wasted little time in making their displeasure known, accusing the SPFL of bullying and saying they were "confused as to why attempts have been made to slow the progress of Rangers’ resolution".

The SPFL hit back, claiming they only been asked for formal legal advice on their resolution late last night.

A statement read: "Only at 10.18pm yesterday did the SPFL’s lawyer receive an email from Rangers seeking advice on the content of their resolution, which was put before the SPFL board first thing this morning."

But SunSport has obtained an account of the interactions between the club and governing body over the last three days.

And the account alleges it all begins shortly after all 42 member clubs had been told of the plan to cancel play in the lower leagues - and ask clubs to grant the board the power to make the same call in the top flight assuming it deems that matches cannot be played to a finish.

The source claims: "Stewart Robertson sent a copy of RFC resolution to Neil Doncaster ‪at 5.33pm on Wednesday.

"This was acknowledged by Neil Doncaster ‪at 6.24pm who said he would forward to the Board and be back in touch shortly

"ND emailed back at 11.03 am yesterday to say that before the resolution could be circulated by the Board there needed to be a requisition by at least 3 clubs. There was no suggestion that there were any issues with the text.

"RFC emailed the resolution to the SPFL at 2.50pm yesterday.

"SPFL acknowledged receipt shortly thereafter. No issues were raised with the text then or at any other time until we contacted them further."

"Rangers ascertained .. late yesterday evening that the SPFL had suggested to Championship clubs that the resolution was not competent and wouldn’t be sent to members.

"They were being told this before the SPFL had communicated with Rangers on the resolution.

"‪Rangers contacted the SPFL last night at 10.17pm after being informed of this asking how the resolution might be amended to overcome any concerns the SPFL might have.

"Rangers emailed the SPFL back ‪at 11.25 pm saying it would be helpful to hear in advance of the board meeting scheduled for this morning. That didn’t occur.

"Rangers again emailed this morning at 11.00am and then spoke to an SPFL official."

The dude is on furlough and cannot respond.

9 hours ago, dougal72 said:

I have a bit of sympathy for most of the clubs tbh , they've been told vote  for this or you're not getting money that will keep you afloat. It's pretty much blackmail tbh.

Something similar happened to us in 2012, had a number in it, think it was 5.

Blackmail is a fenian art form.

SPFL have ruled out Rangers proposal as 'ineffective in terms of company law'. What in company law is blocking this?

I've looked up the SPFL incorporation docs and can't see anything in there that says the SPFL can't loan money in the short term and there's nothing in their accounts from last year

THE SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE LIMITED

Company number SC175364

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC175364

Think I may have found out why Rangers Proposal was refused.

The SPFL won't release payment to clubs until SPFL Ltd's debts and third party debts are paid and they don't have additional money to cover these debts

Strategic report con't (e) financial risk 

30 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

SPFL have ruled out Rangers proposal as 'ineffective in terms of company law'. What in company law is blocking this?

I've looked up the SPFL incorporation docs and can't see anything in there that says the SPFL can't loan money in the short term and there's nothing in their accounts from last year

The spfl have lied dont get caught up in there bs Rangers have proven that

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

There has to be an underlying reason I think the SPFL are broke and that's why they are pushing this.

They are trying desperately to find a way to fine us for the money to cover the loans.

39 minutes ago, Malvern said:

They are trying desperately to find a way to fine us for the money to cover the loans.

That's one way of adding money, The SPFL don't have money to cover their own debts, they're broke. I believe that's why they won't loan clubs competition money now.

I've added this info to my last post.

Think I may have found out why Rangers Proposal was refused.

The SPFL won't release payment to clubs until SPFL ltd's debts and third party debts are paid and they don't have additional money to cover these debts

Strategic report con't (e) financial risk 

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

They’re pushing it to make sure the favourite team get their shity title 

no other reason 

Woke up thinking about this mess, if Robertson is on the SPFL board does this mean that business is being done behind his back, surely he would have to be made aware of any ‘board’ lobbying of clubs or have access to the Dundee vote or at least so called ‘technical’ reason it’s claimed it was rejected for?  He may not be a ‘fans favourite’ but I don’t see him as a stupid man,’ I’m really interested to see what comes out of the wash up concerning this farcical episode, i.e. who knew what and when, and from the horses mouth (Robertson) if celtic did indeed have any active involvement as suggested in pressuring Dundee...

I’ve no doubt that there will be another club statement re this, can only hope it’s factual and hard hitting  and most importantly moves to pave the way for action if indeed if there has been the level of inappropriate behaviour as yesterdays events suggest...

Archived