Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If we weren't members of the SFA, players' registrations would immediately lapse. Can't be registered if you're not registered to a member club.

Get that to be fair, What I was trying to get at is if Rangers resigned from the league could the governing bodies of Scottish football hold on to Rangers registration papers thus preventing them from joining another league elsewhere or as others have said be part of a breakaway league.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, esquire8 said:

Ah shit yeah you could be right. So we just take what we are given then?

Just an idea or opinion. Looks like it would a pipe dream anyway. What a shit state of affairs.

Would we even be allowed to quit the league setup? Not the SFA but the SPFL?

England wouldn't touch us then, they wouldn't touch us now. The point is getting out the SPFL or forcing it out of the shit show dictatorship it is.

Get out the SPFL and go where?  We wouldn’t have a league to play in and that would be the end of Rangers.

Just now, TMB said:

Get out the SPFL and go where?  We wouldn’t have a league to play in and that would be the end of Rangers.

The point is not going anywhere for now. The point is getting out the SPFL and getting other clubs that are fed up with the SPFL tyranny to quit. Surely to fuck we aren't tied to the SPFL regardless of what they do?

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Ah shit yeah you could be right. So we just take what we are given then?

Just an idea or opinion. Looks like it would a pipe dream anyway. What a shit state of affairs.

Would we even be allowed to quit the league setup? Not the SFA but the SPFL?

England wouldn't touch us then, they wouldn't touch us now. The point is getting out the SPFL or forcing it out of the shit show dictatorship it is.

We could resign from the SPFL but we wouldn't be able to join any league outside the SPFL without approval from the SFA, the FA of the league we'd be joining, UEFA and FIFA.

All resigning has to potential to do is finish us as a football club. The results yesterday show there's not that much opposition to the proposals. Any breakaway would be (at best) us, Hearts, Stranraer, Partick, Falkirk and Dundee.

Unless the SFA withdrew the D1 sanction from the SPFL that would also mean we couldn't play in Europe again.

Its an absolute non-starter.

The point is not going anywhere for now. The point is getting out the SPFL and getting other clubs that are fed up with the SPFL tyranny to quit. Surely to fuck we aren't tied to the SPFL regardless of what they do?

Wouldn't it be better to get these other clubs to stand and fight against the corruption?

Peoples anger is easily understood and I share much of it but legal action over a sporting matter has to be over the top.

A regime change has to be the number 1 priority. To start with why have 2 governing bodies ?

A breakaway league, or just the threat of one, could supply the necessary kick in the ass

7 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

5DBFB707-5E0B-4262-84ED-1B10D85214DD.png

Not a chance our resolution goes through now.  Scottish football really is an embarrassment. 

This piece also highlights the grip  they have on the msm, how can Robertson come out of this as the one who's position is untenable following everything that happened yesterday? 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

We could resign from the SPFL but we wouldn't be able to join any league outside the SPFL without approval from the SFA, the FA of the league we'd be joining, UEFA and FIFA.

All resigning has to potential to do is finish us as a football club. The results yesterday show there's not that much opposition to the proposals. Any breakaway would be (at best) us, Hearts, Stranraer, Partick, Falkirk and Dundee.

Unless the SFA withdrew the D1 sanction from the SPFL that would also mean we couldn't play in Europe again.

Its an absolute non-starter.

What if we left, the clubs that are fed up left, which would surely be more than the 5 you've named, and we say were gonna form a seperate league? Joining England is a non starter I'm not saying we do that.

Are you basically saying there is zero way out of the SPFL? 

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Peoples anger is easily understood and I share much of it but legal action over a sporting matter has to be over the top.

A regime change has to be the number 1 priority. To start with why have 2 governing bodies ?

A breakaway league, or just the threat of one, could supply the necessary kick in the ass

How is legal action over the top but breaking away (who would even join us) not?

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Wouldn't it be better to get these other clubs to stand and fight against the corruption?

They won't as the SPFL constantly hold a gun to their heads with threatening them by withholding money. Yesterday shown that in it's TRUE colours.

My idea might be nonsense but it’s simply based on the fact that I will never ever watch a bent league.

Not in real life or live on TV.

My money will not go, even a penny, to any league or opponent involved in that bent league.

I will buy Rangers merch for my son and pay for my Rangers TV sub but that would be it.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

It's incredibly common in world football has two (or more governing bodies.) There are very few where the league is actually operated by the national association.

England has the FA, Premier League and EFL.

The US has US Soccer, MLS, USL

Spain has RFEF (FA) and LFP (League)

What if we left, the clubs that are fed up left, which would surely be more than the 5 you've named, and we say were gonna form a seperate league? Joining England is a non starter I'm not saying we do that.

Are you basically saying there is zero way out of the SPFL? 

We'd have a league which couldn't get places in Europe, wouldn't be able to have any players of note (FIFA don't take kindly to 'wildcat' leagues and often block players involved from taking part in FIFA-sanction competitions). 

I think you're seriously overestimating the feeling among the majority of clubs here.

8 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I would love 4 lads have a dream to explain these questions in a blog.....

• 1 Why did the SPFL say they didn’t have anymore time to  help with our proposal?
  • 2 What is the time line for correspondence between RFC and SPFL?
  • 3 Why did votes have to be in by 5pm 10/04/20?
  • 4 Why has there been an extension of 28 days?
  • 5 Do all clubs now have 28 days to change their mind?
  • 6 Why have Leagues 1 & league 2 votes been added together?
  • 7 Why have the SPFL released details of the vote before every club has voted?
  • 8 Why did the SPFL tell clubs if they want their money, they have to vote it through?
  • 9 Have UEFA given the go ahead for any league to finish?
  • 10 Will rules be broken on league reconstruction?
  • 11 What angle are the SPFL working here?
  • 12 Will the  SPFL be reported to Fifa's Code of Ethics judicial bodies for this shambles?

1. To exert pressure to push through proposal

2. See 4 lads tweet

3. It was a set deadline. But effectively it's not effective as Spfl articles of association dont specify a timeframe ie 48 hours or 2 days or whatever from proposal being circulated. Tge Articles are the over rider not what is said per adhoc written resolution 

4. This is in Companies Act 2006 that says 28 days if not otherwise specified in a Companies Articles of Association. Ie it overarches where no specifics are detailed in the Articles.

5.Cant change mind once signed and submitted. Only Dundee can now effect vote

6. Probably to give less power of veto to the lower league. Its agreed in the Articles.

7. Corrupt 

8. Corrupt, to tie in members voting for league positions as part of it. The spfl wanted Points Per Game, what better way of getting it than linking payment to cash strapped clubs only if proposal successful.

9.Doesnt seem so

10. League construction needs voted after resolution. That is one if the areas 90% vote needed in premier league to pass it, so us plus one club could fail it. To try to reconstruct league without this process would be against the Articles. And corrupt.

11. Giving scum the title. End of.

12. Fuck knows

That's my genuine understanding 👍

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Need to get all over the media saying celtic can't be given the title and there's no reason they should if season is stopped.

I rather think that things have gone beyond that now. The farcical situation over votes and member resolutions being deemed incompetent supersedes any comical award of a title. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

We'd have a league which couldn't get places in Europe, wouldn't be able to have any players of note (FIFA don't take kindly to 'wildcat' leagues and often block players involved from taking part in FIFA-sanction competitions). 

I think you're seriously overestimating the feeling among the majority of clubs here.

Heres my point, if this was threatened with would the SPFL just accept us removing our SPFL(not SFA) membership?

Would other clubs just accept us going?

Would they just say "ah it's ok we will carry on without the blue pound and the tv deal"?

Would the fans of these clubs, after seeing what happend in 2012 and the near collapse of is being out the top league, just back the SPFL? Obviously 1 or 2 would but I'm sure other clubs would be fearing for their future.

Fuck people on here yesterday thought Aberdeen, Hibs, County might've voted no. You can see there is alot of clubs debating whether or not the SPFL are doing the right thing.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Heres my point, if this was threatened with would the SPFL just accept us removing our SPFL(not SFA) membership?

Would they just say "ah it's ok we will carry on without the blue pound and the tv deal"?

Would the fans of these clubs, after seeing what happend in 2012 and the near collapse of is being out the top league, just back the SPFL? Obviously 1 or 2 would but I'm sure other clubs would be fearing for their future.

Fuck people on here yesterday thought Aberdeen, Hibs, County might've voted no. You can see there is alot of clubs debating whether or not the SPFL are doing the right thing.

We'd have to fulfil their notice period (two years iirc) and it would become a game of chicken.

We'd ultimately have FAR more to lose in this and if the SPFL didn't blink we'd be fucked. If we held firm, the league would continue without us.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

1. To exert pressure to push through proposal

2. See 4 lads tweet

3. It was a set deadline. But effectively it's not effective as Spfl articles of association dont specify a timeframe ie 48 hours or 2 days or whatever from proposal being circulated. Tge Articles are the over rider not what is said per adhoc written resolution 

4. This is in Companies Act 2006 that says 28 days if not otherwise specified in a Companies Articles of Association. Ie it overarches where no specifics are detailed in the Articles.

5.Cant change mind once signed and submitted. Only Dundee can now effect vote

6. Probably to give less power of veto to the lower league. Its agreed in the Articles.

7. Corrupt 

8. Corrupt, to tie in members voting for league positions as part of it. The spfl wanted Points Per Game, what better way of getting it than linking payment to cash strapped clubs only if proposal successful.

9.Doesnt seem so

10. League construction needs voted after resolution. That is one if the areas 90% vote needed in premier league to pass it, so us plus one club could fail it. To try to reconstruct league without this process would be against the Articles. And corrupt.

11. Giving scum the title. End of.

12. Fuck knows

That's my genuine understanding 👍

10.  I really do think only us will be against league reconstruction. They would have zero issue in getting a 14 or 16 team league. And then makeup some sort of extra Glasgow cup between us and the taigs to make up the lack of old firm for tv.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They would simply call our bluff on it... we're not going to commit suicide & they know it.

Archived