Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

In hindsight, weve erred by not being the club to identify the 28 day CompaniescAct loophole. We should have been the one holding power, able to rebuff coercion and bullying.

Yes we'd have been blamed for denying clubs money they urgently need, but we would have bought time to find a way to bring our proposal to the table. Even if that failed, we'd done our best.

When up against the corruption in the game up here we need to not miss such opportunities to seize (even temporary) control.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stopped reading the forum yesterday afternoon as I guessed the Dhims and SPFL had managed to coerce enough votes for their causes. 

I can't quite believe what I'm now reading. Dundee believed to have voted no, being told they hadn't actually voted and are now king makers. They are now being pursued to change their vote?

This is next level corruption going on right here. It's going to go off big style if the vote gets through.

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

What if we left, the clubs that are fed up left, which would surely be more than the 5 you've named, and we say were gonna form a seperate league? Joining England is a non starter I'm not saying we do that.

Are you basically saying there is zero way out of the SPFL? 

There’s almost no chance of us leaving the SPFL.  The time to try was 2012, that time has passed.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

10.  I really do think only us will be against league reconstruction. They would have zero issue in getting a 14 or 16 team league. And then makeup some sort of extra Glasgow cup between us and the taigs to make up the lack of old firm for tv.

Maybe. But that % is there in the articles for a reason. Only takes one club thinking the chance of losing Old Firm games isnt worth it to reject it.

Or the scum who by then will have likely got their 9air and quickly drop any false promises made to clubs.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

We'd have to fulfil their notice period (two years iirc) and it would become a game of chicken.

We'd ultimately have FAR more to lose in this and if the SPFL didn't blink we'd be fucked. If we held firm, the league would continue without us.

Would the clubs blink though? I'm positive the taig run SPFL board would not blink at all but if its member clubs did the board would have to go wouldn't they?

They had the chance to send us into oblivion in 2012 and shat it then. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

In hindsight, weve erred by not being the club to identify the 28 day CompaniescAct loophole. We should have been the one holding power, able to rebuff coercion and bullying.

Yes we'd have been blamed for denying clubs money they urgently need, but we would have bought time to find a way to bring our proposal to the table. Even if that failed, we'd done our best.

When up against the corruption in the game up here we need to not miss such opportunities to seize (even temporary) control.

I don't think it would have mattered, I think they would have declared it regardless of all votes being cast. Such as they did when saying they were only needing 1 vote in the Championship despite the other 2 leagues not having full participation. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Maybe. But that % is there in the articles for a reason. Only takes one club thinking the chance of losing Old Firm games isnt worth it to reject it.

Or the scum who by then will have likely got their 9air and quickly drop any false promises made to clubs.

They won't, they want 10. It's all they care about. Possibly the would go back on their promises but then clubs would see through Lawwell and Doncaster and they would be out.

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

I stopped reading the forum yesterday afternoon as I guessed the Dhims and SPFL had managed to coerce enough votes for their causes. 

I can't quite believe what I'm now reading. Dundee believed to have voted no, being told they hadn't actually voted and are now king makers. They are now being pursued to change their vote?

This is next level corruption going on right here. It's going to go off big style if the vote gets through.

I don’t follow other teams’ forums but, if anyone does, are we alone in seeing this fiasco for the dishonest clusterfuck it has been? All very well us getting angry but we’ve known for a while that our opinions count for fuck all.

The tragedy is that they can make such a mess and, in all probability, nothing will change or improve.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Would the clubs blink though? I'm positive the taig run SPFL board would not blink at all but if its member clubs did the board would have to go wouldn't they?

The clubs who have largely voted to back the proposal?

Us threatening to resign from the SPFL would be absolutely futile because clubs know we'd have no option to back down otherwise Rangers Football Club will cease to exist.

Mate you're clutching at straws for so many reasons.

Not least the fact that the Board do what's right for shareholders. Taking such gambles would not be in their interests. It's not a route we'd consider without authorisation from the spfl and a league to go to. Otherwise, it's a nonsense.

9 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

There was the SPL and the SFL but when we booted to the bottom league and it was realised that the SFL would get the Rangers TV money then the SPFL was formed. Have not checked the facts just what I recall.

i'd love to see the clubs vote on a de-merger and the SFL being reformed.

They won't, they want 10. It's all they care about. Possibly the would go back on their promises but then clubs would see through Lawwell and Doncaster and they would be out.

Clubs see through them already, but cant / wont do anything about it. This vote demonstrates that, money and survival is all that matters.

The scum will do what's right for the scum. Previous assurances wont alter that. League reconstruction wont alter that, it will only play a part in the scums decision making if it they think it benefits them.

6 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

I don't think it would have mattered, I think they would have declared it regardless of all votes being cast. Such as they did when saying they were only needing 1 vote in the Championship despite the other 2 leagues not having full participation. 

They cant call it til the last member votes,ie upto 28 days from circulation of proposal. We're all waiting on Dundee. It could have been us. We could have used that time to try other things such as the submission of the currently incompetent resolution.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They cant call it til the last member votes,ie upto 28 days from circulation of proposal. We're all waiting on Dundee. It could have been us. We could have used that time to try other things such as the submission of the currently incompetent resolution.

Wouldn't have mattered if it was us (assuming Dundee voted in favour). There were already the required number of votes from Premiership clubs that we wouldn't have tipped it to a no vote.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fair point actually.

I could be wrong here but Dundee don't actually NEED to vote now for it to go through. If they don't vote before the deadline the 75% bar has to be met by those who have voted and by my count it currently sits at 78% in the Championship.

Archived