Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Would the clubs blink though? I'm positive the taig run SPFL board would not blink at all but if its member clubs did the board would have to go wouldn't they?

They had the chance to send us into oblivion in 2012 and shat it then. 

They never shat it.  They voted us out the league.  No Old Firm games, no Rangers away gates, they didn’t care.  They wouldn’t care now.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They cant call it til the last member votes,ie upto 28 days from circulation of proposal. We're all waiting on Dundee. It could have been us. We could have used that time to try other things such as the submission of the currently incompetent resolution.

I think they could due to having the required votes being reached. 

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

This league body simply cannot recover from yesterday’s events.

It really doesn’t matter what happens from now on in.

They are clearly corrupt and in the pocket of one club.

They want that club to be given a title no matter the cost to other clubs.

UEFA saying they will ban clubs from their competitors doesn’t even faze them.

Rangers next step must be CAS, and then formally resign from the SPFL.

Create a new league format and invite other clubs but not nonce fc.

Something drastic needs to be done, simply can’t continue on this path.

Not a thing in the media .It’s as if ,everything went to plan 

Yet what if Dundee actually rope these bastards into bribing them for the good of the game .Wouldn't that be something

Remember their initial statement   

No point in going to war if you aren't prepared to take the actions necessary to win it and that will mean casualties and sacrifices.

There is an opportunity to hole the cabal below the waterline, but some don't have the stomach for it. 

So let's get back to business as usual, bend over and take it up the arse and forever STFU and play in a rigged competition that is no longer a sport, but a criminal exercise in glorifying the one and it ain't us!

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Clubs see through them already, but cant / wont do anything about it. This vote demonstrates that, money and survival is all that matters.

The scum will do what's right for the scum. Previous assurances wont alter that. League reconstruction wont alter that, it will only play a part in the scums decision making if it they think it benefits them.

Great. Stuck in an absolute corrupt to the core league association with no get out clause. What's the point in voting anymore? What's the point of continuing to be sheep herded by the taig sheep dogs? We must be one if not the top most morally and democratically bankrupt league associations in the world. We do what Lawwell says. There is zero point in our football club if it is contained in a world where the scum rule.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Not a think in the media .It’s as if ,everything went to plan 

Yet what if Dundee actually rope these bastards into bribing them for the good of the game .Wouldn't that be something

Remember their initial statement   

If Dundee change their view after that statement yesterday then I hope their club goes under, what a disgrace they would be 👍

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We'd have to fulfil their notice period (two years iirc) and it would become a game of chicken.

We'd ultimately have FAR more to lose in this and if the SPFL didn't blink we'd be fucked. If we held firm, the league would continue without us.

Regarding your second sentence, I'd disagree. The carrot for the SPFL is the OF games, lose them and there's no real marketable product on offer for sponsorship or TV revenue. I think it's becoming more likely we trigger REXIT.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The clubs who have largely voted to back the proposal?

Us threatening to resign from the SPFL would be absolutely futile because clubs know we'd have no option to back down otherwise Rangers Football Club will cease to exist.

Sensationalist nonsense.

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

If Dundee change their view after that statement yesterday then I hope their club goes under, what a disgrace they would be 👍

Mate they will be getting offered all sorts of riches and put under all sort of threats if they don't comply. They haven't acted great, but they are not the disgrace here.

1 minute ago, ScottBF2 said:

Regarding your second sentence, I'd disagree. The carrot for the SPFL is the OF games, lose them and there's no real marketable product on offer for sponsorship or TV revenue. I think it's becoming more likely we trigger REXIT.

Fuck off 

Voting us out in 2012 meant no Old Firm games for a minimum of 3 years.  They still voted us out.  They still sold the TV rights to sky.  They don’t care.

What am I missing here? 

It might have been addressed earlier in the thread, but why can't Dundee just re-send the vote to the incompetent bastards?

SPFL/SFA offices shut and can't confirm an email until Monday? no problem, Dundee can just re-send it and make a statement saying "for the avoidance of doubt etc" and even brief the press with a screenshot of it.

Then that should be that.

But not in the wacky, corrupt world of Scottish football it isn't. 

I also seen a video on Facebook last night (but never got round to watching it) Peter Martin with Stewart Gilmour (ex-St Mirren chairman) saying celtic have far too much control and decision-making in Scottish football. Anyone else see this and can tell us what happened? 

Just now, TMB said:

Voting us out in 2012 meant no Old Firm games for a minimum of 3 years.  They still voted us out.  They still sold the TV rights to sky.  They don’t care.

They would get less money and tv time, that's all. They have proven they don't care.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

They never shat it.  They voted us out the league.  No Old Firm games, no Rangers away gates, they didn’t care.  They wouldn’t care now.

And look at the state they got themselves into. The taigs were barely managing to get 30k in the tattiedome. Aberdeen who were the only challengers were near to going under. The rest barely survived because the SPFL was formed and they stole our tv money from the SFL. We are the ones who bring in the crowds, we are the ones who the tv companies want. All for the case of "sporting integrity". All apart from one club regretted that decision to send us down. They thought fans would buy up more season tickets and more merch of the sent The Rangers packing. They didn't.

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Bribery is a powerful weapon bud 

And I still believe Liewell has something on our club or someone in control

What else can it be with such abject cowardice for past 5 years 

Our entire business model is based on competing in European football. We aren’t even breaking even at the moment despite competing past Christmas two years in a row.

We would be bankrupt if we went and started at the bottom rung of the English league without any European football. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I could be wrong here but Dundee don't actually NEED to vote now for it to go through. If they don't vote before the deadline the 75% bar has to be met by those who have voted and by my count it currently sits at 78% in the Championship.

So they need to vote against or it will go through.

7/9 members voting giving 78%.

Ffs.

English bottom tier clubs are struggling, the money they would earn from playing against us could be the difference between some surviving or not. We should quietly look into this.
SPFL are desperate to gift their club a title, they might release us to allow for this to happen if not we need to lawyer up and force the issue. We need to leave this fenian league, I just want to watch my team play football, their referees, compliance officers etc has made the actual football action secondary. 

Archived