Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my memory, the only reason celtic the SPFL had against an independent enquiry was the fact it would cost everyone lots of money. Now that Park says we'll foot the bill, I'm intrigued to hear what the latest excuse will be.

Keep it up Rangers!

10 minutes ago, tina-duncan said:

From my memory, the only reason celtic the SPFL had against an independent enquiry was the fact it would cost everyone lots of money. Now that Park says we'll foot the bill, I'm intrigued to hear what the latest excuse will be.

Keep it up Rangers!

I remember that statement from PL saying ‘The season CAN NOT be voided’ or clubs would have to face the consequences and "We hope that the governing bodies are able to provide some clarity to clubs and supporters as soon as possible on the way forward" It will be interesting to find out what he meant by this when this goes to court.

DP on reconstruction- “ It’s ironic that the SPFL talk about our EGM, properly constituted within the rules, wasting time and money yet at the same time they are happy to send leaders of clubs on a wild goose chase on something the SPFL knew faced significantly more challenges than they acknowledged. They are there to serve the member clubs, a fact that often goes overlooked”. 

spot on!!

DP on rod McKenzie - “I go in to all these types of situations with an open mind. However, the behaviour in regards to the resolution we proposed was peculiar. If Mr Mc Kenzie applied the same determination to that as he did in trying to get me to be quiet then the member clubs’ money could have been distributed to them in hours. He’s clearly a very sharp individual, I refuse to believe it was beyond him to come up with another mechanism to support the clubs. It’s curious the SPFL seem to have been so hellbent on that single solution”.   

hmm “curious” indeed!!!

DP on investment etc -

20: The fact that the business model in the Scottish game renders the English route of behind-closed-doors games not viable means the club could be without important tranches of income for up to nine months. The last Rangers accounts said an additional £10m would be required to cover the season. How will Rangers meet their financial obligations in this unprecedented situation?

The funding gap referred to has already been filled by existing investors

21: How close were you to fresh investment from Stuart Gibson before the pandemic struck and how confident are you that it will still be in place when we return?

All of the potential new investors remain fully engaged and we will be in a position to announce something in the next couple of months.

22: Finally, how do you think Rangers have come out of this whole episode and will you have any hesitation in the future about taking a similar course of action if you feel it’s required?

This episode is far from finished. Rangers will have no hesitation in the future in shining a light on poor corporate governance. I would like to think the SPFL might recognise its failings and accept that an Independent Investigation is necessary. It is not too late for them to do so consensually and start to build a better future for Scottish football.

Mr Douglas Park take a fucking bow.... tremendous answers👏🏻

Is it time to call  a double bluff?  we should start spreading some  rumours that we are only offering to pay for the investigation because we know that there is no chance we are going to win the vote, we cant afford it and that  in fact we would go under if we had to pay for the investigation.  It turns the vote into a vote for Rangers to go under, they wont be able to help themselves. Lets see how many of the Rangers hating clubs fall over themselves to get their vote in first, hell there is that many of them that hate ranger more than they love their own club that there is a good chance that we will win the vote with a clear majority

No need for an EGM now 

The SPFL will agree to independant investigation since we are paying for it 

said no one at the spfl ever

The more we are standing firm, being proper, etc the more I am convinced that Dave King's hands were tied and part of that may well have needed Traynor to be the head of comms, given a style and background in Scottish football. Is it mere coincidence was has happened since Mr Park and mr  Graham landed in the roles?

Genuinely interested to see clubs reasoning to not wanting an independent review. I honestly can’t think of any reason for these clubs not to want a “free” review. Well, no reason that they could publicly state. 

6 minutes ago, GSBear said:

Is it time to call  a double bluff?  we should start spreading some  rumours that we are only offering to pay for the investigation because we know that there is no chance we are going to win the vote, we cant afford it and that  in fact we would go under if we had to pay for the investigation.  It turns the vote into a vote for Rangers to go under, they wont be able to help themselves. Lets see how many of the Rangers hating clubs fall over themselves to get their vote in first, hell there is that many of them that hate ranger more than they love their own club that there is a good chance that we will win the vote with a clear majority

Back to bed you

silly suggestion that 

36 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

“Perhaps this is a question he could answer the next time he sits down with himself for a Q&A.”

Fucking into them DP!!!

Fucking love that bit :lol: 

Very good move by Park. That removes the main defence the SPFL had. They’ll presumably now switch to ‘time constraints’ and that there are more important matters. 

Clubs that still vote against should be called out exactly for what it is though. 

The EGM resolution will still fail, of that there is no doubt but we might get closer to say 50% of the clubs voting in favour which would still give the SPFL a major headache. 

4 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

The more we are standing firm, being proper, etc the more I am convinced that Dave King's hands were tied and part of that may well have needed Traynor to be the head of comms, given a style and background in Scottish football. Is it mere coincidence was has happened since Mr Park and mr  Graham landed in the roles?

Maybe. for me things started to change after JT was attacked hence his position being filled by someone who knows exactly what's going on. 

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Very good move by Park. That removes the main defence the SPFL had. They’ll presumably now switch to ‘time constraints’ and that there are more important matters. 

Clubs that still vote against should be called out exactly for what it is though. 

The EGM resolution will still fail, of that there is no doubt but we might get closer to say 50% of the clubs voting in favour which would still give the SPFL a major headache. 

Dont think we will be playing football anytime soon so time may not be as big a factor as they think!

At long last we seem to have a board with actully sharp business men and a passion for a fight when it calls for it. A long way from the dross and spivs we have had to endure for too many years. 

DP and Bennett over the past couple of days have just shown the SPFL up and they seem like they are almost enjoying this, like they are toying with them now like a cat toys with a mouse.

Also DP's quote "maby he can answer that the next time he has a Q & A with himself" is the best burn I have heard in weeks and easily the best comment of this saga so far!

Keep the pressure on Rangers!

There is another aspect to this that needs to be considered as well. What is the end game? 

celtic will sacrifice Doncaster if they need to given Lawwell will replace Robertson on the SPFL board next year as part of the yearly switch so they’ll be confident they can control the recruitment process. MacKenzie & McLennan would be much bigger scalps given the various issues around them. 

Ultimately, the ‘win’ for us is removing them and showing that we can, again, exert influence on the game which we haven’t done for nearly 15 years. 

Is that a big enough win? 

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

What's a reason for one club to reject this outside celtic ?

Genuinely can't think of one

I'd say there might be some clubs under the delusion that if they stick by the SPFL, in this.... difficult time, they might be looked favourable on.

There might also be more than celtic that are at it, so I think the results will be very revealing. This is no longer about placing a naw vote so we can all move forward, because the governing body are broken and cannot ensure the safety of its clubs in its current state. This is about repairing the governing body so that all 42 member clubs can move on as one and we can then fight this Coronavirus head on.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who votes against having an indie investigation doesn't care about the good of Scottish football and is part of the corruption.

This vote will out them all. 

5 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Not trying to put a pin in our collective balloon, but this is from a Scotsman piece about Park‘s comments that has just gone up.

It is plain to all that there are no means to complete the season on the pitch, and it would strengthen the belief that Rangers’ recent crusade is all about better SPFL governance and not denying celtic a title were the Ibrox club willing to acknowledge that there is no option but to employ a points-per-game calculation to settle all outstanding issues. Park is unwilling to do that, though.”

So, Andrew Smith who wrote that piece might believe our motives if we accept the PPG is the only way to go? I actually think the two are separate issues, we can ask for better governance AND hope we can finish the season somehow (albeit more and more unlikely) but he would have us be taken seriously only if we say that the season is over and they win by PPG. We must respect the PPG sporting merit it seems.

Absolutely weird. Will this be the new media narrative? “You will have more chance of the inquiry if you concede the title”? 

I think his point is that many think that our endgame (and the media have painted it thus) is to force null and void and thereby deny celtic the title.

So if we said season is truly over, just give celtic the title, that would completely destroy any argument that we’re doing this for the benefit of Rangers alone.

Only that will kill off the arguments from those who don’t understand that we want REAL change, not just this season or next, but for good.

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

What's a reason for one club to reject this outside celtic ?

Genuinely can't think of one

The irony of the situation is the scum and their accolytes have been bumping their gums for years 

calling out everything as a Masonic conspiracy and how the establishment is their  enemy

if that is the case surely they'd be voting to oust said conspirators?

Archived