Reconstruction

Blues Brother

I know we’re probably past this stage but would this solve all problems?

Promote current top 4 teams from championship.

Promote current top 4 teams from League 1

Promote current top 4 teams from League 2

Promote 2 teams from highland league and

Promote 2 teams from lowland league.

Prem 16 teams - Championship, League 1 and League 2 - 10 teams.

top league play each other home and away = 30 games.

League then splits into 4.

Top 4 play each other home and away for the championship. With top 3 getting into Europe. 

5th - 8th play each other home and away. 
9th -12th play each other home and away.

13 - 16th play each other home and away.

Then 9th plays 5th in a play off for Europe and the winner of that enter a final play off with 4th place. With the winner getting final place in Europe.

16th placed team will be relegated and 15th place enters relegation/promotion playoff with 2nd 3rd and 4th teams in Championship as it is now.

i think this would mean not many meaningless games throughout season. Also TV companies would get 4 old firm games.

This would mean NO relegation for any team. 
No titles being given away

I’m interested to hear your thoughts on this.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Amato said:

Clubs won't vote for it as less games each v us and the scum

Fair point, but the would the vote not be for all 42 member clubs?  I think most would vote in favour. Also all the main derbies in Scotland would be in the top league meaning more money

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Reconstruction is the only option left to give the scum the title so not for me.

This is a hypothetical suggestion, which is based upon NO titles being given to anyone. Only promotion.

Do you not think this could provide a more exciting league to what we have now.

A brighter future. 

5 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

This is a hypothetical suggestion, which is based upon NO titles being given to anyone. Only promotion.

Do you not think this could provide a more exciting league to what we have now.

A brighter future. 

then yes. I can't stand playing the same team 4 times a season. It is not healthy.

34 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

Top 4 play each other home and away for the championship. With top 3 getting into Europe. 

Then 9th plays 5th in a play off for Europe and the winner of that enter a final play off with 4th place. With the winner getting final place in Europe.

16th placed team will be relegated and 15th place enters relegation/promotion playoff with 2nd 3rd and 4th teams in Championship as it is now.

i think this would mean not many meaningless games throughout season. Also TV companies would get 4 old firm games.

You've obviously put a lot of thought into it BB but it's a no from me. There's a battle to be won and we can do without side issues at present. 

I'm not against reconstruction, but under no circumstances should it be rushed through for next season in order to give celtic a title they haven't won, Dundee United a championship title they haven't won and to save Hearts from relegation. 

We should not accept it under those circumstances.

Besides (and I know it will never happen for the obvious reasons) but the only reconstruction I want is straight forward x2 leagues of 20 (or top tier 20 and second tier 22 if there's 44 teams)

Everyone plays each other twice a season. That's it.

2 tiers. Gives the other teams in Scotland (of which there's far too many) a great chance to get to the top flight to play the Old Firm and enhance their standings and secure their futures. 

2 up 2 down and a play-off place too.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm not against reconstruction, but under no circumstances should it be rushed through for next season in order to give celtic a title they haven't won, Dundee United a championship title they haven't won and to save Hearts from relegation. 

We should not accept it under those circumstances.

Besides (and I know it will never happen for the obvious reasons) but the only reconstruction I want is straight forward x2 leagues of 20 (or top tier 20 and second tier 22 if there's 44 teams)

Everyone plays each other twice a season. That's it.

2 tiers. Gives the other teams in Scotland (of which there's far too many) a great chance to get to the top flight to play the Old Firm and enhance their standings and secure their futures. 

2 up 2 down and a play-off place too.

Is one of the obvious reasons the fact that it's a fucking woeful idea? As if playing the likes of Hamilton wasn't bad enough let's play Alloa and Arbroath twice a season each.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Is one of the obvious reasons the fact that it's a fucking woeful idea? As if playing the likes of Hamilton wasn't bad enough let's play Alloa and Arbroath twice a season each.

Is it any more of a bore-fest than playing Livingston or Hamilton for example 4 times a season in the league? .... Scottish football is shite mate, step into the real world. 

Besdies, do you really think Alloa and Arbroath would be playing in the top tier every year? the bulk of the additional teams will be the likes of Dundee, Thistle, Inverness, Falkirk (maybe when they get better again) ... teams of that standard ... you might get the odd season with Alloa or whatever getting up, if so great who cares? as I said it's no worse than some of the shite we play now

I'm old enough to remember why we changed from a 16 team 1st division to a 10 team premier, it had become boring as fuck and crowds were dwindling, the problem with Scottish football is it's shite period and no reconstruction will change that.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Absolutely no chance there will a be a chance of them going against the 3 games at least against each other

Turkey's voting for Christmas springs to mind, at least I hope. I thought that would be the case in 2012 but didn't stop them giving the money involved a distant thought.

Strange times, strange environment. Very little makes sense. Very little decisions based on logic is ever made, either.

Just now, British_Empire said:

Is it any more of a bore-fest than playing Livingston or Hamilton for example 4 times a season in the league? .... Scottish football is shite mate, step into the real world. 

It is boring playing Livingston and Hamilton but increasing the number of shit teams to play against only makes it more boring.

I'd rather play the scum four times, go away to Hearts/Aberdeen/Hibs twice than replace all that to play against Alloa/Arbroath/Morton or whoever.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It is boring playing Livingston and Hamilton but increasing the number of shit teams to play against only makes it more boring.

I'd rather play the scum four times, go away to Hearts/Aberdeen/Hibs twice than replace all that to play against Alloa/Arbroath/Morton or whoever.

You are just taking the very best part and then using an extreme negative to try and contrast it. 

It's not big deal either way, it's just a preference for me. Scottish football is utter dogshit and I don't think it makes that much difference in terms of quality. I just think two bigger leagues would cut out a lot of the teams floating about pointlessly and would be better. 

1 hour ago, Blues Brother said:

Putting 9vs 5th for a play off with 4th is just laziness to try and avoid meaningless games. Finishing 9th would become better than finishing 6th and would also mean we could end up with a team who finish in a spot above where you would avoid relegation playoffs as things stand just now ending up in Europe is just madness.  

26 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

To hell with this bloody split nonsense I am sick of it already. Idiotic.

Unfortunately a split is needed to bring some excitement to the league. Without it teams would have nothing to play for by jan/feb..

At least the split it suggest is fair for all. Unlike the current split 👍

25 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I'm old enough to remember why we changed from a 16 team 1st division to a 10 team premier, it had become boring as fuck and crowds were dwindling, the problem with Scottish football is it's shite period and no reconstruction will change that.

Do you think the idea of splitting into 4 help it from getting to boring? Also crowds would potentially be up because of so many derby games and most clubs would have something to play for. 

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Putting 9vs 5th for a play off with 4th is just laziness to try and avoid meaningless games. Finishing 9th would become better than finishing 6th and would also mean we could end up with a team who finish in a spot above where you would avoid relegation playoffs as things stand just now ending up in Europe is just madness.  

The reason I put the 9th placed finish was to give opportunity to all the league to have a chance for European football. And giving all the chance to be progressive.  

Archived