Will we learn this time? (Away Tickets)

13 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm probably something similar but from 1992/1993 and with the exception of 1 full season ...

No more games in Scotland for me. I've told my bus my intentions as it stands.

No more Scottish football for me though and that includes home games. 

It's not Rangers fault (although when it's confirmed they won't challenge the resolution in court, I will think to myself they should have done more)

I just can't pump any more time, money and emotional investment into a corrupt sport in Scotland where there's no competitive playing field.

I'll still go to friendlies outwith Scotland and European away's but competition in Scotland, domestically is corrupt and fucked. It's not for me anymore.

I'm not attention seeking saying "omg look at me" I'm just saying how it is and how I genuinely feel. I know people will be lining up to quote and moan at me, but it's still where I'm at. I'm not going to sit and tell folk not to go and give these folk money. I hope that the people who can stomach it still go and roar Rangers on.

I'll watch the games on TV or in a bluenose boozer and give them my money instead supporting my team, hoping they can get one over on this cesspit (once proud) country.

Mate, I’m across the pond in Canada. There’s nothing that would keep me from going to see Rangers at home or away when I lived in Scotland. Now it’s different, all these wee teams can go fuck themselves and think about the blue pound now. We have supporters that give up days and family time to support the team. I was never one for boycotts, but now it’s time. I think it’s time to stop drip feeding these fuckers with our away tickets. Let’s see how many of the cunts survive. Sorry troops, time for our fans to make the statement unless our board have something else. 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fuck depriving Rangers of money for home games 

If that was me I meant the away team’s ‘home’ allocation. Worded it terribly.

I obviously am not behind people starving Rangers of money :lol: 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I honestly don't know how you draw that conclusion mate, I said at the bottom I hope people that can still go and cheer the team on who can stomach it and I'll be supporting them from a bluenose pub and give them my money.

You don't stop wanting Rangers to win. I just can't pump money into something that's corrupt top to bottom in such a small condensed country and sector.

You said you can't pump any more money or emotional investment into the Scottish game, so surely that includes caring about the outcome of the competitions?

2 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Doubt anyone has that in mind.

Not seeing it, unless you mean about possibly missing out on money from away fans coming to us.

That won't be an issue, if the club come out, refuse tickets for away games and put up a good fight against the SPFL. We can fill our own ground.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

You said you can't pump any more money or emotional investment into the Scottish game, so surely that includes caring about the outcome of the competitions?

The emotional investment part fair enough. I just meant by that the emotional roller coaster of being at games, biting nails , celebrating goals going nuts, when something happens and celtic get the title and it's all for nothing.

Aye I can see your point but I'll still be wanting them to win.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What pressure would the support apply?

Continue to emphasise to others the damage that restricting our away support will have on clubs. If someone still wants to go then that’s their choice but we should seek to minimise the numbers going. These clubs need hit.

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

If Rangers and dare I say it Club1872 (or any of the Board’s mouthpieces) actively worked together to to minimise the number of fans attending away games next season then the number eventually attending would be negligible over time. This would have a massive impact on the finances of others.

If people hate these other clubs as much as they say they do then why is it a problem? I just don’t get it. Good day out and all that aye but don’t moan about clubs walking all over us while giving them £40 when the games on the tele.

That’s the club not the support though, C1872 can do one anyway.

Difference between the tele and attending, and it’s never £40 apart from celtic/Hampden.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

No mate wasn't yours 

If it's me fair enough - but I said this isn't Rangers fault. I love Rangers but I'm not prepared to give them money for essentially nothing either. Especially in this climate.

It's akin to match rigging what Scottish football have been doing, why am I paying that sort of money, even to Rangers to be part of it? 

Rangers at the end of the day do not give a fuck about any single fan they've got, nor should they, there's too many of us - but in light of this corruption and widespread shite running through Scotland I think it's pointless putting 1 more penny into the Scottish game even if it's to watch Rangers play in any sort of Scottish competition.

That's my view and as things stand it's not changing if celtic are given this title.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

The emotional investment part fair enough. I just meant by that the emotional roller coaster of being at games, biting nails , celebrating goals going nuts, when something happens and celtic get the title and it's all for nothing.

Aye I can see your point but I'll still be wanting them to win.

Each to their own mate. I can see why people will drop away games but can't understand not going to home games anymore 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Each to their own mate. I can see why people will drop away games but can't understand not going to home games anymore 

Because it matters not a jot mate when the grand outcome is rigged, that's all I'm meaning. 

Every single goal and win at Ibrox domestically this season has been for nothing when they just call the season with 2 months to go, 2 old firm games to go and a game in hand and hand it to them. 

For every 1 who will not attend an away game there will be three or four lining up for the ticket.

No point doing it on your own, unless all the supporters groups and buses push it then fuck all will happen but three sides of shitty grounds filled with Rangers fans.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’s the club not the support though, C1872 can do one anyway.

Difference between the tele and attending, and it’s never £40 apart from celtic/Hampden.

Fair mate, I’m typing what I’m thinking. I know there’ll be plenty of details I’m either not considering or haven’t addressed.

But I do feel desperate to hurt other clubs and this is the #1 way that we the fans can utilise.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Because it matters not a jot mate when the grand outcome is rigged, that's all I'm meaning. 

Every single goal and win at Ibrox domestically this season has been for nothing when they just call the season with 2 months to go, 2 old firm games to go and a game in hand and hand it to them. 

No harm mate but the wins and goals at Ibrox already meant nothing before the football was called off. Our bottle crashed beyond belief after January

Just now, Malvern said:

For every 1 who will not attend an away game there will be three or four lining up for the ticket.

No point doing it on your own, unless all the supporters groups and buses push it then fuck all will happen but three sides of shitty grounds filled with Rangers fans.

All 100% true. That's why, in my view, people that can stomach it should just go and roar the team on and hopefully bring us back a result.

It has to be large scale, with backing from the clubs, supporters voices and buses - or not at all.

The worst thing that can happen is that grey area where a large number are boycotting and a large number still going where you get fans there, big empty bits in the stands, it looks ridiculous and it's underwhelming for the team to walk out to. 

Either is fine with me for other fans, but it has to be one extreme or the other.

1 minute ago, Malvern said:

Exactly why discussions should open up. I fail to see why it can’t even be considered.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

No harm mate but the wins and goals at Ibrox already meant nothing before the football was called off. Our bottle crashed beyond belief after January

I agree. But that's on us and that's football (it happens) but when it's down to others in charge of your destiny like that? I'm out mate.

1 minute ago, jim beam said:

No,people are too selfish and refuse to see the bigger picture.An away day piss up is far more important.

If people are after an "an away day" piss up, then literally pick any club buy a ticket and sit in the boozer near thier ground.

That was one of the things I've never understood, pay for a ticket, bus travel and leave the game at half time to goto the pub. Worst one I remember was against Forres Mechanics, half the supporters had fucked off by half time.

Archived