Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Don't think he's done enough to justify the price tag imo

I think he is a good player but tend to agree with you.

Have been less than impressed by Kent since he signed and feel this could go the same way.

Also think it’d be mad to spend cash we might need in this situation at present.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, raging blue 1972 said:

by time this is over I think the arse will have fallen out the transfer market.  Barcelona already trying to offload dembele for half what they paid and no takers.  Alright bad example but think we've seen the last of 50 million pound transfers for players like Stones etc.

This can only be a good thing for us going forward

If we make it through this. No guarantees for us either tbh.

2 hours ago, raging blue 1972 said:

by time this is over I think the arse will have fallen out the transfer market.  Barcelona already trying to offload dembele for half what they paid and no takers.  Alright bad example but think we've seen the last of 50 million pound transfers for players like Stones etc.

This can only be a good thing for us going forward

No it wont be, the less the transfer fees are the more the clubs will offer in wages and signing on fee, why do you think its brutal to get any decebt bosman player nowadays 

53 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Don't think he's done enough to justify the price tag imo

This. Flashes of brilliance but nothing to merit that price tag. He's a luxury player and we already seem to be carrying an expensive one of those in Kent. We cant have two.

With a £16m gaping hole in our income stream from ST's, no money will be getting spent. 

There will be no fans at Ibrox for at least  12 months. Just can't see where we are getting money from to buy players. 

I think many football fans are in denial about this whole situation. 

1 minute ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

With a £16m gaping hole in our income stream from ST's, no money will be getting spent. 

There will be no fans at Ibrox for at least  12 months. Just can't see where we are getting money from to buy players. 

I think many football fans are in denial about this whole situation. 

You think we won’t be back at football until this time next year? Seriously 😂

9 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

You think we won’t be back at football until this time next year? Seriously 😂

I don’t think we will be. A guy at the W.H.O said it could be 18 months before last scale events are permitted again.  Obviously they have to account for the worst case scenario, but personally speaking I don’t see how we get rid of this coronavirus until a vaccine is found.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think we will be. A guy at the W.H.O said it could be 18 months before last scale events are permitted again.  Obviously they have to account for the worst case scenario, but personally speaking I don’t see how we get rid of this coronavirus until a vaccine is found.

I will donate £100 to erskine if there isn’t crowds at football by September the 1st. 

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The Athletic are saying it’s not true and their sources have said transfers are not a priority at the moment due to the current climate.  

Disgusting that we are so ill prepared for Transfer Window.

What have the DOF and scouts been doing.

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not a chance when we have no idea what income the club will have for the foreseeable. 

Maybe not, but If we have already agreed to sell Alfie for example for a certain fee then it is certainly possible. Even if that isn’t the case,  I doubt there would be a particularly large initial payment. I’d imagine that it would be in instalments over many years given the current situation. Also this price is a bit of a bargain for him and the chances are we would make money on the deal. There was some talk of buying him and selling almost immediately.

In short, if we can make the deal palatable then I think we should. However, paying £4.3m upfront? Absolutely no chance.

Archived