Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

1 hour ago, MorelosRangers said:

Keep this one cos it will prove you wrong. We will sell Hagi in the future for over 12m - I'm that confident.

Plus 4m in today's market is nothing. 

Be some feat from us to considering Genk are willing to take a 4 million loss after half a season 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Keep this one cos it will prove you wrong. We will sell Hagi in the future for over 12m - I'm that confident.

Plus 4m in today's market is nothing. 

We haven’t got a clue what today’s market is like ,nobody knows yet the true impact Covid will have yet 

Who knows ,he could end up being almost as good as his auld man and a collapsed football market we could see him here for years and never sell him 

12 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Be some feat from us to considering Genk are willing to take a 4 million loss after half a season 

They supposedly paid £4m for him. At least I read that yesterday. Are they giving him away for free?

I don’t think a loan is an option as other clubs are interested - Genk would just sell. The only thing we have on our side is the option to buy.

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

8 million euros mate 

Is that from Wikipedia? ( It says 8 million. )Because yesterday I saw £4m quoted, and I’ve just had a look on transfer market and it said the fee to Genk was £3.6m. Mind you, in a Romanian football article it does say 8 million euros :confused:

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Is that from Wikipedia? ( It says 8 million. )Because yesterday I saw £4m quoted, and I’ve just had a look on transfer market and it said the fee to Genk was £3.6m. :confused:

I thought 8 million euros genk payed was branded about when he came to us on loan , miby yer right mate I didn’t look into it just remembered i heard that figure when he signed for us 

Rangers and KRC Genk are closing in on a deal for the permanent transfer of winger Ianis Hagi, the Belgian club say.

BBC Scotland has learned a fee is yet to be agreed between the clubs for the Romanian, but talks are progressing.

The 21-year-old, son of Barcelona and Real Madrid great Gheorghe Hagi, joined Rangers in January on a loan deal to the end of the season.

The Ibrox club had an option to buy Hagi after the expiry of the loan.

He scored three goals in 12 appearances for Rangers before football in Scotland was suspended on 13 March, including a double in the Europa League last-32 triumph against Braga.

Don’t know how to feel on this one undoubtedly he’s got great potential but is he what we really need especially in the rough & tumble Scottish game I’m not convinced 4 mill is a lot of money that could be better spent for me 

I honestly think he will rip it up here with preseason and getting to know everyone. Purely opinion of course but I have liked what I've seen so far. He reminds me of Mikel Arteta. 

Also if we are willing to spend this kind of money on one signing then looks like we will be getting some real quality in. 

Got to agree with some on here I'm just no 100% on  the need for signing Hagi, granted  the lad has potential and not inconsiderable talent, but we already got Aribo for that position and  Docherty as back up . Possibly  even Kennedy from the development squad, was he no player of the tournament in that alkass cup, surely lad deserves a chance.

Additionally  we have key positions we  need to spend money on first like central defensive mid and strikers instead of adding to an already overloaded midfield imo 

we need a proper right winger. hagi and aribo or whoever else gets shoehorned in there is not the way to go.

it makes all our good attacks come from the left and that makes ryan kent less effective.

we need wingers with pace.

8 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Got to agree with some on here I'm just no 100% on  the need for signing Hagi, granted  the lad has potential and not inconsiderable talent, but we already got Aribo for that position and  Docherty as back up . Possibly  even Kennedy from the development squad, was he no player of the tournament in that alkass cup, surely lad deserves a chance.

Additionally  we have key positions we  need to spend money on first like central defensive mid and strikers instead of adding to an already overloaded midfield imo 

You honestly saying we don’t need Hagi cos Greg Docherty & Kai fuckin Kennedy are at the club already? Some of our fans are fucking roasters.

7 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Appreciate the thought process, but when you've this kind of potential being presented to you then you simply have to take the opportunity.  His quality is ahead of Aribo and significantly greater than Docherty.  To me Doc is the natural replacement to Arfield.  As for Kennedy, if he's good enough his time will come...especially if Hagi grows as hoped, he'll be here no more than 3 seasons, by which time we'll know exactly how good Kennedy is.

25 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Don’t know how to feel on this one undoubtedly he’s got great potential but is he what we really need especially in the rough & tumble Scottish game I’m not convinced 4 mill is a lot of money that could be better spent for me 

This is another myth that keeps on getting floated.

3 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

You honestly saying we don’t need Hagi cos Greg Docherty & Kai fuckin Kennedy are at the club already? Some of our fans are fucking roasters.

Quality over quantity. Hagi has more talent and ability then those players all put together.

3 hours ago, Cedrick said:

I thought 8 million euros genk payed was branded about when he came to us on loan , miby yer right mate I didn’t look into it just remembered i heard that figure when he signed for us 

Dunno how accurate that website is but they are saying it’s shy of 4mil payed.

5B83B431-D16A-4AAB-B9C9-ADD7F3C6FB4E.jpeg

Can see where your comining from but should 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Quality over quantity. Hagi has more talent and ability then those players all put together.

Can see where yer coming from but with limited  finances should we no be spending money in areas we clearly need players first ?

9 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

:lol:

'Already got Aribo for that position with Docherty as back up' I cannot believe I just read that. 

3 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Can see where yer coming from but with limited  finances should we no be spending money in areas we clearly need players first ?

Limited finances. What is our financial situation? 

7 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

We do need money spent in that area though, Kent and Aribo were hot and cold. Hagi won us games and that's just coming in half way through a season not knowing the system or teammates.

We have got rid of the likes of Halliday, Flannigan, Wes and a few others that will free up some finances on top of the usual revenue streams and player sales.

If we want to win trophies we have to have better players in the squad and Hagi is a better player than most in his position currently.

Archived