Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

45 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

The same was said about Laudrup?    Ffs he had a bad start like the team at the start of the season , Laudrup always oozed class and one thing he has got that Hagi is badly lacking is pace  

Maybe a couple of seasons in our league would toughen him up and make him a better  player , but at £4.5m it's a hell of a gamble as that sort of money opens you up to better players.

But as for Laudrup ? He's my favorute player and probably the best player I have ever seen in Scotland , by the second old firm  game he had the Rangers fans bowing shouting  We're not worthy like a scene out the life of Brian as he showed celtic and continues to show celtic he could beat them for fun  

You missed the bit where I said 'physique'... I was commenting on the way we hear that quote a lot regarding players before coming to our hammer thrower league. 

I wasn't commenting actually on Laudrup or his class... those facts are beyond reproach. We can agree on that; he was my favourite player too.  It was an example.

Also, opens you up to better players? For £4.5m? :lol: That's a stretch! Kamara is a good example of course but he blows hot and cold too.

We take risks with players regardless of the price. For me with Hagi there is the potential that we can see in him, and Hagi clearly shows attributes of being a professional and a winner. Whether that amounts to anything is a different story, but I'd raise the bet with his card in my hand.

Chasing a crucial European tie against a strong Braga team at 2-0 down to then win it for us takes some balls, and some determination that we really need in the team. The whole lot of them drop their game against the local bus parking dross; Europe is clearly more enticing for them.

Either way, I'd take the punt! We need a strong determined character with a slightly cocky attitude to come in, grow with the team and take control eventually. It might not be him, but it'll come again one day... 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kamara only cost £50k.  Braga pumped us at Ibrox , we got a get out of jail free card that night.  ,  Yes Hagi's first goal,was a cracker but his second was a deflected free kick,   I have seen nothing or very little from him since to justify a  £4.5m fee as we have been pish rotten as a team really  since the win at the piggery ,  we have failed to win game after game and threw away daft league points against all the lower teams in the league and got fucked out the Scottish cup also by the team bottom of the league who beat us a few weeks earlier also m

We need a bit more dig in midfield , someone who can put himself about,  a bit of dig . We have been needing it for years but again someone like that woukd not come cheap unless they were young   

And Laudrup was exceptional.  5-1 Scottish cups final against Hearts was one of his finest displays in a blue jersey. 

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

It's not people wanting rid, it's the price tag, £4.5m is too much.    For that sort of money we should be keeping our options open.

Also with this Corona virus shite , who can say how much his club want as all we have really heard is agent talk,  clubs will be struggling all over Europe the longer there is no football and will want to offload players just to get them off the wage bill things could become that bad. 

I never mentioned the price tag.  Read your post back to yourself. Every team in the world needs money now. I just said I hope we sign the boy. 

I hope we sing him.  Even if it’s the only guy we sign during the entire summer window.  I doubt there will be much movement at all this summer but Hagi is very talented and we should bring him here if we can.

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Kamara only cost £50k.  Braga pumped us at Ibrox , we got a get out of jail free card that night.  ,  Yes Hagi's first goal,was a cracker but his second was a deflected free kick,   I have seen nothing or very little from him since to justify a  £4.5m fee as we have been pish rotten as a team really  since the win at the piggery ,  we have failed to win game after game and threw away daft league points against all the lower teams in the league and got fucked out the Scottish cup also by the team bottom of the league who beat us a few weeks earlier also m

We need a bit more dig in midfield , someone who can put himself about,  a bit of dig . We have been needing it for years but again someone like that woukd not come cheap unless they were young   

And Laudrup was exceptional.  5-1 Scottish cups final against Hearts was one of his finest displays in a blue jersey. 

A lack of goals is what cost us from January onwards. Our defensive record is actually good.  We’ve conceded the same number of league goals as celtic.  We had the best defense in our UEFA group.  After the winter break we couldn’t score and started dropping points.  We’re far too reliant on Morelos to do all the scoring IMO.  

On 23/04/2020 at 15:37, TMB said:

A lack of goals is what cost us from January onwards. Our defensive record is actually good.  We’ve conceded the same number of league goals as celtic.  We had the best defense in our UEFA group.  After the winter break we couldn’t score and started dropping points.  We’re far too reliant on Morelos to do all the scoring IMO.  

Is that not where £4.5m rated Hagi should come into his own?   He's the creative one, the one who should be making it all happen against these lesser teams then. 

Our defense ?  Full backs are good at going forward  but get causght out when defending, The best centre half we have is injured  and Goldstone  is either hot or cold just like Katic who I do like but needs to stop the stupid mistakes,  How many headers does Goldstone need to win in the air to hit the target?   The vast majority of the time he could not hit a barn door at corners .

We simply are not good enough yet again it's that simple 

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

I never mentioned the price tag.  Read your post back to yourself. Every team in the world needs money now. I just said I hope we sign the boy. 

Would you take him at £4.5m thou?      Kent is a hell of a gamble at £7m and he has looked nowhere near that price tag , for that sort of money I want more of the finished article as we need to stop them doing 9 never mind 10.  

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Would you take him at £4.5m thou?      Kent is a hell of a gamble at £7m and he has looked nowhere near that price tag , for that sort of money I want more of the finished article as we need to stop them doing 9 never mind 10.  

We can only spend what we can afford right now. Before all this shit hit the fan, I would’ve went for the £4.5 mil.  We’ve been crying out for a midfielder with creative skills and he could be the one. Fuck me, he’s played 7 time for us and scored 3 goals. Ryan Jack has been with us since 2017 and scored 8 times. Yes, I would sign the lad. He’s only going to get better and stronger. He will score goals. 

I can’t see us signing anyone at the moment as we have no idea where our income is coming from for the foreseeable future to pay wages for squad as it is never mind forking out money to buy players.

every club all over the world will be in the same situation

• 3 weeks later...

I hope it's true but I'm calling bullshit. No harm in sharing the link, it's always good to get a story but I honestly think, in this climate, splashing out 4-million for anyone isn't really something we'd be in a position to do.

Would be great if I'm proved wrong.

I’ve been frustrated at times watching him but can see real potential. He’s got the confidence for the little flicks and turns that could turn into dangerous situations and I’m sure once you settle into the speed of the game etc these will all fine tune a little. 

as above have said hope it’s true 

13 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if we spent that money so early, Gerrard likes to get things done early and we know it’s probably last chance saloon to stop this tainted ten 

We aren’t stopping the tainted ten. Not unless Gerrard is given a huge amount of money to spend AND he realises what is needed in a player in Scotland (to match what he knows about players in European competition)

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

We aren’t stopping the tainted ten. Not unless Gerrard is given a huge amount of money to spend AND he realises what is needed in a player in Scotland (to match what he knows about players in European competition)

Mate we work out how to turn the first half of the season into a full season and we win the title. We where murdering teams. The wheels fell off for some reason or another but a few additions could really put us in a better place. Frustrating as fuck because we went from good to shocking so quickly but there’s definitely a team in there 

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Mate we work out how to turn the first half of the season into a full season and we win the title. We where murdering teams. The wheels fell off for some reason or another but a few additions could really put us in a better place. Frustrating as fuck because we went from good to shocking so quickly but there’s definitely a team in there 

We werent murdering teams though, we had some pretty dodgy pre xmas games that we either dropped points in or scraped through, they just mattered less because we were keeping up with the tarriers 

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

My problem with Gerrard is exactly that : how quickly his teams fall apart. We are excellent until there is pressure.

Mind you, If they had played the way they had pre-December we would probably be discussing exactly why Doncaster and the SPFL thought null and void would be the best way to end the season but still continue the Scottish cup next season.

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I honestly think it was just how hard the players were physically pushed and lack of depth to cover them that fucked us. 

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I honestly think it was just how hard the players were physically pushed and lack of depth to cover them that fucked us. 

I would agree but the drops always seem to come AFTER the break when they get a rest but it becomes the sharper end of the season.

Archived