Hagi Signs on a Permanent Deal

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We were decent before the break, saying anything else is just talking pish to win an argument.

You win titles by being able to scrape wins when you aren't playing well and we were doing that on occasion before the break, as you pointed out 

Playing decent is a bit away from murdering everyone, i dont deny the hammerings we dished out, but to deny the poor performances or struggles is daft 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No brainer. 4m is a steal for his age, highly rated, and Internationalist at competitor level. He will get sold for alot more if he scores up here in a full season (full pre season with us as well). We all know January signings take time - he was chucked into the deep end and still performed. Remember we have been gash since January.

Memories -

Last minute v Hibs for 3 points

Braga home performance he drove the team on

Braga away set up Kent for his goal

I've likely missed some other things.

3 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

No brainer. 4m is a steal for his age, highly rated, and Internationalist at competitor level. He will get sold for alot more if he scores up here in a full season (full pre season with us as well). We all know January signings take time - he was chucked into the deep end and still performed. Remember we have been gash since January.

Memories -

Last minute v Hibs for 3 points

Braga home performance he drove the team on

Braga away set up Kent for his goal

I've likely missed some other things.

Some of the passes he made which we fucked up on aren’t included here. His vision is brilliant. 

If we’d had Hagi from the start of the season, we’d have scored a lot more from and by him. 

9 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Some of the passes he made which we fucked up on aren’t included here. His vision is brilliant. 

If we’d had Hagi from the start of the season, we’d have scored a lot more from and by him. 

Bang on.

People love to judge a player after half a dozen games. Getting used to our football in Scotland is tough. Plus him moving to a new country and trying to settle - like i said earlier he was thrown in at the deep end because of our poor form.

I wish some of our fans would be more realistic over new signings.

Not for me , flashes here and there nowhere near enough though, very one paced , it’s another Kent , if it was 1 2 million take a punt , weer looking for a main player for 4 million no the occasional flash

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Not for me , flashes here and there nowhere near enough though, very one paced , it’s another Kent , if it was 1 2 million take a punt , weer looking for a main player for 4 million no the occasional flash

Name a player available that's better for 4m. You dont get quality like his for 1-2m unless you get a hidden gem like morelos. And we know how trying our luck at cheaper options works, more miss than hit.

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

Name a player available that's better for 4m. You dont get quality like his for 1-2m unless you get a hidden gem like morelos. And we know how trying our luck at cheaper options works, more miss than hit.

I’ve not seen enough to fork out 4 million , some real flashes of good play , also didn’t touch the ball against the likes of ST J and Ross county 

43 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’ve not seen enough to fork out 4 million , some real flashes of good play , also didn’t touch the ball against the likes of ST J and Ross county 

I don't disagree with that mate but (and I don't really get in the habit of watching the cunts that often) if you watch celtic in some games against the likes of St Johnstone and Ross County, guys like Edouard, Forrest and McGregor can hardly be in the game or touch the ball but the quality in them, is as such, that they need to be in the team and are important to them.

We can't have enough good players. I include Kent in that too. These creative/flair players are always inconsistent by definition almost but they give us options that guys in the recently seasons in the SPL like O'Halloran, Holt, Garner, Candiaes etc didn't give us. 

I agree I'd like the likes of Kent and Hagi to get a lot more involved in an ideal world, but players with the top top talent, who mix it up and get involved/impact every area of the park are worth 40/50 million and playing for the likes of Man City and Bayern Munich.

I'm not directly comparing Hagi to De Boer but I felt the same to a lesser extent in a lot of games De Boer played for us that he was murder and not involved, but could turn on a penny, drop the shoulder and create a goal or a chance from nothing. I think people under-estimate just how much we need that in our side in a league like the Scottish one.

42 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I don't disagree with that mate but (and I don't really get in the habit of watching the cunts that often) if you watch celtic in some games against the likes of St Johnstone and Ross County, guys like Edouard, Forrest and McGregor can hardly be in the game or touch the ball but the quality in them, is as such, that they need to be in the team and are important to them.

We can't have enough good players. I include Kent in that too. These creative/flair players are always inconsistent by definition almost but they give us options that guys in the recently seasons in the SPL like O'Halloran, Holt, Garner, Candiaes etc didn't give us. 

I agree I'd like the likes of Kent and Hagi to get a lot more involved in an ideal world, but players with the top top talent, who mix it up and get involved/impact every area of the park are worth 40/50 million and playing for the likes of Man City and Bayern Munich.

I'm not directly comparing Hagi to De Boer but I felt the same to a lesser extent in a lot of games De Boer played for us that he was murder and not involved, but could turn on a penny, drop the shoulder and create a goal or a chance from nothing. I think people under-estimate just how much we need that in our side in a league like the Scottish one.

I’d prefer another loan deal , 4 millions to much for what I saw 

42 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Also I’ve never once thought how the hell did this lad not get a game fur Genk , more often than not we seen exactly how doesn’t get a game for genk 

5 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Bang on.

People love to judge a player after half a dozen games. Getting used to our football in Scotland is tough. Plus him moving to a new country and trying to settle - like i said earlier he was thrown in at the deep end because of our poor form.

I wish some of our fans would be more realistic over new signings.

Your wiling to pay 4 million after half a dozen games though ? There was as many bad as good , another loan deal to get a better look at him I’d say would be the best idea , he’s very one paced and the occasional flash for 4 million is not where we are now in terms of transfers ,for 4 million Rangers want an in the game 8/9 out of 10 most weeks in the spl 

5 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Seriously m8 4million is buttons in todays market, I'm not saying we have bucket loads to spend but I'd have no qualms if we paid 4million for Hagi...I know he his still learning but I've seen enough of his overall technique and passing ability to know we would struggle to get someone of that promise any cheaper in Britain for a start 

We sadly lack pace and power in the team and he’s neither. Technically gifted but we’ve been bullied out of games far too often in the last 6months so in those games when a bit of fight is needed, I’m far from convinced £4m is spent wisely.  

No one knows what the financial position will be when we come out of this. We are likely to need investment so how much will drive how much we spend. It needs to be found if you want to stop the mhanks but I’m not convinced we’ll have enough so to ship it all onto Hagi.  £4m in a normal transfer market may not seem a lot to global football, it still is to us and the market we shop in.  

There's a lot of comparison of Hagi to Kent on this thread, for obvious reasons. Both young players with immense talent. Both so far, display their talents in flashes and both so far, seem able to almost completely disappear for periods in a game. Both appear to care and both seem to have a good workrate. Kent, for me is more prepared to dig in and play a defensive role (not sure if it's because he's aware he's not doing enough where it matters most).....but....and for me it's a big but.....they don't 'click' when playing together. Can't honestly say i've seen it once in SPL. On that basis, it becomes EITHER Kent or Hagi. As we already have Kent, i just can't see us signing Hagi. We don't have the financial clout to be able to carry one or the other as cover for the first choice.

8 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Seriously m8 4million is buttons in todays market, I'm not saying we have bucket loads to spend but I'd have no qualms if we paid 4million for Hagi...I know he his still learning but I've seen enough of his overall technique and passing ability to know we would struggle to get someone of that promise any cheaper in Britain for a start 

4 million is a stand out in the spl mate in my opinion and he’s was far from that , we all knew Kent was worth 2/3 if lucky but payed the ridiculous English market and look how that turned out , this lad will be the very same , I see no harm in another loan , to get another look at him 

20 hours ago, Swally said:

I'd reserve judgement for when he's given a proper run out in the team in his proper position. I don't think it's fair to him to be too critical when we've not been playing him as a proper no 10

Aye I suppose that’s a legitimate point mate something tells me we won’t get to see that though given the current state of affairs I can’t see the remaining games being played 

10 hours ago, Cedrick said:

4 million is a stand out in the spl mate in my opinion and he’s was far from that , we all knew Kent was worth 2/3 if lucky but payed the ridiculous English market and look how that turned out , this lad will be the very same , I see no harm in another loan , to get another look at him 

Stand out in the SPL means nothing though when you are not shopping there.. we are shopping in the big World of football... trying to buy a player that is clearly talented and let him develop in the hope that we sell him on for much more. Unfortunately these players cost money.. just because we are in a league where 4 million is a lot of cash, unfortuantely, it tends to be buttons elsewhere.

On 12/05/2020 at 23:31, johanhentze said:

Stand out in the SPL means nothing though when you are not shopping there.. we are shopping in the big World of football... trying to buy a player that is clearly talented and let him develop in the hope that we sell him on for much more. Unfortunately these players cost money.. just because we are in a league where 4 million is a lot of cash, unfortuantely, it tends to be buttons elsewhere.

Dare I say it - the tarriers with eduard. The will at very least double their money and got a good couple of seasons.

You don’t often pick up Morelos like players for as little, Van dijk etc. Picking up players for buttons and getting 10s of millions is rare.

At the very minimum we would get our money back. I’d fully expect a couple good seasons and a profit from him. £4m isn’t the earth. No brainer.

Archived