Our fans in the 80's

King Jela

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Ah the eighties, had a rover season ticket 82 till 84, the memories especially from 86,87 onwards. 

Me too. Was that the one for half the season? Got my first for my birthday in October & was picking it up at Ibrox on a match day & it was pissing down. Big Jock Wallace walks past & asks us what we're up to then brought us inside, arranged a quick tour before leaving us in the kitchen for a bowl of soup. He left us in the care of one of the stewards & we watched the game in the directors box. The mans a legend. 

I was spoiled, me old granda got me and his Season Tickets every year, Main Stand from 78 to 87

The Atmosphere at Ibrox was always Electric in Particular Euro nights, remember Inter Milan, think it was 84, Sensational.

Best ever on that era in my Opinion was beating Borussia Dortmund, think the Goalie was Schumacher, anyway he got Pelters.

Fuck reminds me Big Dave Mitchell, fuck im old

21 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

I was spoiled, me old granda got me and his Season Tickets every year, Main Stand from 78 to 87

The Atmosphere at Ibrox was always Electric in Particular Euro nights, remember Inter Milan, think it was 84, Sensational.

Best ever on that era in my Opinion was beating Borussia Dortmund, think the Goalie was Schumacher, anyway he got Pelters.

The Inter Milan game in '84 often goes under the radar. 

3-0 down from the first leg I think there were only about 35k in Ibrox night - but what a noise there was. 

We won 3-1 on the night. That was a very strong Inter side - whilst we had the likes of Dave McKinnon, Cammy Fraser and Dave Mitchell!! 

I'll always remember that night. 

1 minute ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

The Inter Milan game in '84 often goes under the radar. 

3-0 down from the first leg I think there were only about 35k in Ibrox night - but what a noise there was. 

We won 3-1 on the night. That was a very strong Inter side - whilst we had the likes of Dave McKinnon, Cammy Fraser and Dave Mitchell!! 

I'll always remember that night. 

Iain Ferguson screamer into Copland, think the Talies has 5 from World cup 82 team

My mates Big Brother and his mates got battered over there, said stadium was s death trap 

2 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Best home and away kits ever, home socks apart, love the Black with red Trim socks

I had both full kits. Think they came in a kind of presentation box, from the Rangers Shop on Copland Road ?? The excitement as a young lad opening the boxes was incredible. Loved those kits. 

Just now, MoodyBlue1872 said:

I had both full kits. Think they came in a kind of presentation box, from the Rangers Shop on Copland Road ?? The excitement opening the boxes was incredible. Loved those kits. 

Got our Boxes from Robert Stores, away had a we belter of a red and blue pinstripe.

They should be next seasons concept, remember going to Pittodrie and bears wore blue top blue short, think Greig had just been sacked.

Was at that game so it was good to watch it back . The only thing I remember was the sly trip on Big Tam just before HT as it wasn't far from where I was . Some goal by Big Bomber , don't see many of them nowadays . 

1 hour ago, Blacky Bear said:

Aye the Inter game was probably one of my favourite Eiuropean nights at Ibrox , even if we did go out . If I remember correctly , John McLelland playing his last game for us up front :lol: 

14 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Was at that game so it was good to watch it back . The only thing I remember was the sly trip on Big Tam just before HT as it wasn't far from where I was . Some goal by Big Bomber , don't see many of them nowadays . 

9 years we went without winning the league during that time. 11 years before that. Crazy. 

11 minutes ago, King Jela said:

9 years we went without winning the league during that time. 11 years before that. Crazy. 

Crazy indeed . A lot of times in the 80s we played quite well there , just not getting the result . I always felt it was our results against other teams that let us down - I think we averaged 4 or 5 away wins  each year in the early 80's . 

Another good semi there with a great atmosphere . The chants are short and to the point :lol:  Was at this too , one of the games of the season imo against a team that would win the league a few weeks later . 

Archived