Joey Barton article

Escobar

I think Barton’s assessment of others is probably quite fair here. His ignorance towards his own responsibility is expected. 

I think it speaks volumes that Weir doesn’t work with Warburton anymore and, I follow him on Twitter, have seen him like content alluding to poor Management if you ignore defensive training (or words to that effect). 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Do you think that bit before or after that still picture Brown would have dropped his eyes?  Or do you think he never once looked away at any point?

I have no idea what happened before or after that one still image was taken.  Is it possible that Brown looked away at one point?  Absolutely.  He needs to turn his head from one player to the next just like everyone else.  Sometimes players say hello to the mascots which it looks like Barton is doing in that photo.  Whatever happened during the prematch handshakes had fuck all to do with the outcome of the game.  I’m certain we’ve had plenty of players look Brown in the eye prematch before getting comfortably getting pumped in recent years.

13 minutes ago, TMB said:

He wasn’t really given a chance in the SPFL to prove himself to be fair.  I think he played in 8 games and a few of them he came on as a substitute.  Probably 400 minutes spent in a Rangers jersey before being paid off.  

He was arsing about at a summer tournament can’t remember if Euros or World Cup thinking he’d stroll it up here , one thing you 100% need to be in SPL is fit , he’s never been a top player in the England , nowhere near it , spl swallowed him up , better players than Joey Barton who put the work in has toiled in the SPL , he made an arse of himself at Rangers 

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

Well he was jailed for assault in the past.  I think he’s to stand trial again this year after assaulting the manager at Barnsley.  But aye, he’s too scared to look at Scott Brown during the prematch handshakes.  Some people actually believe that shite :lol: 

He shat it that day mate , I’m the last person in the world that wants to saying anything positive about brown but after all Barton’s mouthing he made an absolute cunt of him  

Just now, Cedrick said:

He was arsing about at a summer tournament can’t remember if Euros or World Cup thinking he’d stroll it up here , one thing you 100% need to be in SPL is fit , he’s never been a top player in the England , nowhere near it , spl swallowed him up , better players than Joey Barton who put the work in has toiled in the SPL , he made an arse of himself at Rangers 

He was working as a pundit at the World Cup not arsing about.  After that he came to Scotland but Rangers were in the USA for preseason.  He couldn’t travel with the team to the states because he couldn’t get a VISA due to his history.  Barton was left to train by himself until the team came back.  He then spent several weeks building his fitness before being paid off and returning to Burnley.  Excellent man management from Warbs.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

He was working as a pundit at the World Cup not arsing about.  After that he came to Scotland but Rangers were in the USA for preseason.  He couldn’t travel with the team to the states because he couldn’t get a VISA due to his history.  Barton was left to train by himself until the team came back.  He then spent several weeks building his fitness before being paid off and returning to Burnley.  Excellent man management from Warbs.

I stand corrected mate , Barton’s a great cunt 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

He shat it that day mate , I’m the last person in the world that wants to saying anything positive about brown but after all Barton’s mouthing he made an absolute cunt of him  

He didn’t shite it.  Shite it from what?  Barton has played at a higher level most of his career.  He’s came up against genuinely world class players during most of his career.  I know you’re trying to sell this idea that Parkhead and Scott Brown were too much for him but there’s nothing to suggest that at all.  His entire playing career, even how much of a prick he is in his personal life, contradicts it.  

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

I stand corrected mate , Barton’s a great cunt 

I stand corrected too.  Scott Brown is a big hard man and Barton, despite his history of assaulting people, was pure scared and couldn’t even look at ‘Broony’ in the eye due to all the intimidation :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

aye exactly Barton didn’t go near him 

Brown didn’t get near Barton either.  They only came in to contact to contest a dropped ball.  Watch the game again.  They literally never come in contact with each other at any other time.

7 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Confirms to me everything I thought about that management team, bottlers 

Hibs doing us 3- 2 from 1-2, need I say more.

Barton, right Player wrong time

Did we look at the Hibs players in the eye prematch?  If we didn’t it might explain those results.

Just now, TMB said:

He didn’t shite it.  Shite it from what?  Barton has played at a higher level most of his career.  He’s came up against genuinely world class players during most of his career.  I know you’re trying to sell this idea that Parkhead and Scott Brown were too much for him but there’s nothing to suggest that at all.  His entire playing career, even how much of a prick he is in his personal life, contradicts it.  

He was shite against Hamilton and Dundee to mate , coming up against world class players doesn’t make him a great player , I was looking forward to him playing for us especially after the digs at them , he was unfit , Miles off the pace , and all round poor, Hamilton lads were making a cunt of him , huge disappointment all round 

14 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I think Barton’s assessment of others is probably quite fair here. His ignorance towards his own responsibility is expected. 

I think it speaks volumes that Weir doesn’t work with Warburton anymore and, I follow him on Twitter, have seen him like content alluding to poor Management if you ignore defensive training (or words to that effect). 

Weir failed terribly as manager with Sheffield United.  I think Warburton only have him the job as assistant so he could say ‘look I have someone here who can tell me all about the club’.  Weir was completely ineffective as a coach.  The state of our defense during that period was embarrassing.  

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

He was shite against Hamilton and Dundee to mate , coming up against world class players doesn’t make him a great player , I was looking forward to him playing for us especially after the digs at them , he was unfit , Miles off the pace , and all round poor, Hamilton lads were making a cunt of him , huge disappointment all round 

He was good against Hamilton.  Made a great tackle in the middle of the pitch to win the ball back and started a counter attack that resulted in a goal seconds later.  That was his job as holding mid.

Were Rangers shite at the start of that season, and during the course of the entire season?  Yes.  The problems ran much deeper than Joey Barton.  We could’ve had a world class holding mid and we would’ve still got nowhere that season.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

I stand corrected too.  Scott Brown is a big hard man and Barton, despite his history of assaulting people, was pure scared and couldn’t even look at ‘Broony’ in the eye due to all the intimidation :lol: 

Honestly can’t believe your using  assaulting people as an indication of a players attributes on the pitch , Brown nowhere near a hard man , Walter smiths team ran over the top of him and our victories against them under gerrard we’ve done the same , warbuton spl side , Pedro and murty have all let him do what he wants 

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

Weir failed terribly as manager with Sheffield United.  I think Warburton only have him the job as assistant so he could say ‘look I have someone here who can tell me all about the club’.  Weir was completely ineffective as a coach.  The state of our defense during that period was embarrassing.  

Well he also had him at Brentford. 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Embarrassing stuff mate , coz Joey Barton the ultimate cunt didn’t mention tavs name , that’s you taking it as red he wouldn’t be hurting , behave yourself , nobody shat the bed more that day than Joey Barton , after all his chat , brown dominated him 

If it was a one off, then sure I'd give the benefit of the doubt on that but he never looks like he cares tbh. He's slouchy and has the heart of a mouse. 

Seen him at Charleston Airport after the friendly a few years back and he's walking miles behind, dr beats headphones in, munching on a bag of pic n mix, joggers to his arse almost. Guys a fraud. A gutless one. 

48 minutes ago, TMB said:

Small things are important. The mutant was up for it and Billy big baws thought he’d seen something crawling on the grass. 

simple

15 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

If it was a one off, then sure I'd give the benefit of the doubt on that but he never looks like he cares tbh. He's slouchy and has the heart of a mouse. 

Seen him at Charleston Airport after the friendly a few years back and he's walking miles behind, dr beats headphones in, munching on a bag of pic n mix, joggers to his arse almost. Guys a fraud. A gutless one. 

The criticisms are just getting more, and more, ridiculous.  

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

The criticisms are just getting more, and more, ridiculous.  

It's not. It's symptomatic of him as a person and a leader. 

That's why I mentioned it. 

That is NOT a Rangers captain.

Are you ready to talk about Candaies and Windass yet Stato? 

Archived