Joey Barton article

Escobar

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/04/2020 at 11:32, SuperPapac05 said:

Aye nae bother, how does he explain Hamilton and Kilmarnock, two other games he was completely useless in? He still can't admit he couldn't back up all the shite he was spouting so has to blame others. The fact Scott Brown took the utter piss out of him in that game boils piss. He thought he'd stroll it up here and once he found out he couldn't he wanted to bail. Fuck him. 

Happened so many times with "top" English players who have came up here. 

Think they will stroll it but don't realise that you don't get the same amount of time on the ball or protection from refs that they get down south. 

Rodney slagged Barton,both pricks.

Rodney the confused  cockney who thinks he is Scottish and supports ra sellick don't you know(lol) slags Barton who just happens to play for Rangers.

Interestingly I was reading an article about one of Rodney's former blonde wifes..Britt Ekland  .

Britt has had a few hubbies and if it was a league table based on her rating of them...Rodney would  definitely be relegation fodder.She has a very  fond recollection of all  her ex husbands except Rodney.. incredibly stingy as feck to the last cent,ego driven ,cheating,selfish,attention seeking...she puts him down firmly.At the time she says I was the very famous one,he was my underling.Even Peter  Sellers ,who was bipolar and described by her as a ' an extremely difficult man'  gets a much more favourable rating and fond recollection than hapless and hopeless Rodney.

On 24/04/2020 at 11:53, Tero Penttila said:

Warburton was out of his depth from the minute we got promoted. 

He’s a lower league manager. 

Barton probably had the mentality to play for us, but he couldn’t have arrived at a worse time. 

That’s probably a bit harsh, Warburton got absolutely fuck all to spend in terms of money when we got promoted.

He underestimated the top flight for sure, but ultimately our top transfer fee under him was Garner for about £1.5million. In comparison, Gerrard and Caixinha were allowed to spend that kind of money on squad players. 

I actually think our expectations of winning the league that season heaped too much pressure on him. Is that acceptable for a Rangers manager, probably not. But finishing in the European spots behind the most successful taigs side ever in terms of league points, was quite understandable considering our squad and the backing he got. 

On 24/04/2020 at 11:41, TMB said:

We’ve had one of the strongest defences domestically for the last two seasons.  The stats support that.  We had the best defense in our Europa group this season.

When Warburton was manager most of the goals we conceded came from central areas, not Tavernier side of the pitch.

Tav can defend.  See the League Cup final (where the £16m winger from Southampton had to be subbed at halftime) or the victory a few weeks later at Parkhead as evidence of that.  celtic could get absolutely no change from Tavernier down that side.

You must remember Warburton got nowhere near the transfer budget Gerrard got,  And to sack him for Caixinha and then let him waste the money he wasted on the likes of Herrera and that other dud who hardly kicked a ball for us was a shocking decision and the money he wasted could have got Warbs the £3m rated centre halfs that the team  needed. Every team needs to be strong down the spine and we had centre halfs like toffee because that's all the manager could afford,  people forget Warbs signed players for next to fuck all who did a job for us.  

The 5-1 game changed with the stupid sending off, I remember at 5-1 down shouting at Forbes to take his fucking time as he sprinted  for the ball for a goal kick with 5mins to go or something  

But I still wish Warbs all the best and hope he does well with QPR as I would most ex Rangers managers. 

6 hours ago, Copland bear said:

You must remember Warburton got nowhere near the transfer budget Gerrard got,  And to sack him for Caixinha and then let him waste the money he wasted on the likes of Herrera and that other dud who hardly kicked a ball for us was a shocking decision and the money he wasted could have got Warbs the £3m rated centre halfs that the team  needed. Every team needs to be strong down the spine and we had centre halfs like toffee because that's all the manager could afford,  people forget Warbs signed players for next to fuck all who did a job for us.  

The 5-1 game changed with the stupid sending off, I remember at 5-1 down shouting at Forbes to take his fucking time as he sprinted  for the ball for a goal kick with 5mins to go or something  

But I still wish Warbs all the best and hope he does well with QPR as I would most ex Rangers managers. 

Warburton was trying to get away from the club behind the scenes which never sat well with me.  He could've at least seen out the season and gave the board several moths to find a replacement.  Say what you will about Pedro but he came in and was held a bag of shit.  By the time the summer transfer window came there was already a strong push to get him out.  I still don't think the board should've sacked Pedro without a replacement ready.  Going after McInnes only to get knocked back was an embarrassment.  Given the rest of the season to Murty was a big mistake and he looked a broken man by the end of it.  That whole episode was a shambles.

I still think Gerrard was a big risk considering he's never managed a football team before.  He's done a lot better than I thought he would have.  

6 hours ago, Copland bear said:

They were probably always going to win even if Senderos stayed on, but we were well in the game for the 10 or 15 minutes after half time I thought, having taken a bit of a bartering in the first half.

In the next fixture at Ibrox for the first half an hour we passed them off the park. Deserved at least a draw and the late move from McKay into Halliday into Miller shooting wide deserved a goal.

Warburton's main problem is he is not and never will be a winner and that gets reflected in his football teams. 

On 24/04/2020 at 11:44, British_Empire said:

You can't have it all ways, you literally say above in regards to Barton that one man can't be blamed for all our failings, now you are implying that one man can take all the credit for a good defensive record? there's 3 other defenders there.

Nothing will change my mind that his (Tav's) concentration levels and defending is rank-rotten. It's not just me saying it, it's people in the game.

Stats can prove, disprove or fit any narrative (good or bad) that you want .... going on stats Candaies and Windass were better than McGregor, Forrest etc and we should have kept them at all costs.

Think Gerrard if this season continues or is luckily voided... then goes on to fail again next season... then him letting candeias go really will go down as his biggest mistake.

Warburton honestly at that time was like a game of football manager( a game which he talked about many times before starting in football from finance). 

We had no dish but first season back in the SPHELL, the board sanctioned silly wages for a few ex premier league players from England on bosmans, as that is all we could attract...

Barton and Senderos were done, it's like the end if the transfer window in football.manager with no dosh and trying last gap...

Fuck Barton, I said it at the time, he was what we needed yes, even now yes, he was a thug and dirty player, we were crying out and still are. On the same terms,he was a tarrier bastard fae liverpool whose family who Irish Republican ties too. Tarrier bastard

On 24/04/2020 at 16:48, TMB said:

Fair enough if Weir went from Everton straight to Sheffield United.  But, still think Weir was a token appointment.  I remember many Rangers fans at that time voicing concern that the expectations of Rangers were something Warburton wouldn’t be use to and the need for a ‘Rangers Man’ despite McCoist being such a failure.  It doesn’t seem like Weir enjoyed his time here either:

AFBB5F79-553E-4DF0-AF12-89E357AB7772.thumb.jpeg.e4e70f6127363d8b8a46c7821c28a2b5.jpeg

Normally if a manager and assistant work well together they stick together.  That’s not the case here.  Someone earlier in thread alluded to them parting ways on bad terms.  

In any case, thankfully they’re both gone now.  

They parted terms after nott Forrest...warburton will jump around jobs for the next q0 to 15 years

"Andy’s trying to galvanise the troops..."

What I find most believable from this is that Halliday was trying to rally troops ahead of that scum game despite having been dropped last minute by a clueless, intimidated manager.

Barton wouldn't have given Halliday credit for that if it wasn't true (especially as it was a head-to-head with Andy that lead to his fracas with Warburton)

I rate Andy's skills  higher than most on here,  but playing ability aside you can't underestimate the value of a hard boiled  blue-nose in the dressing room imo (as opposed to token ''Rangers men" who put their own interests first at the drop of a fucking hat).

Archived