The Big Social Feed - Glasgow 1st & 8th May

5Beckenbauer

Apologies first and foremost if this needs to be moved. Just thought, under the circumstances, that it would reach more people here. 

I’ve part organised a free food incentive at The Social in Royal Exchange Square this Friday (and next).

It’s for everyone and anyone who wants or needs a hot meal - be it homeless, unemployed, NHS staff, key workers or just anyone passing by - genuinely absolutely anyone. 

Last week we fed over 500 people and due to demand this week we have enough for over 3000. Again, this is all completely free.

If anyone wants to pop down this Friday or next, between 12:30-3:30pm, please feel free. No donations, no sign ups, no stresses - just good home cooked hot food to help anyone who needs it. 

Also, please feel free to share the below graphics on any social platforms. As I said, we have over 3000 meals to give away and I don’t fancy trying to fit any leftover in my freezer come Friday afternoon haha! 

5711B255-4770-4283-B488-F5C04BC5F3C4.jpeg

D9CD35FB-CBD0-4904-936E-1FA80DBB9258.jpeg

20 minutes ago, 5Beckenbauer said:

Apologies first and foremost if this needs to be moved. Just thought, under the circumstances, that it would reach more people here. 

I’ve part organised a free food incentive at The Social in Royal Exchange Square this Friday (and next).

It’s for everyone and anyone who wants or needs a hot meal - be it homeless, unemployed, NHS staff, key workers or just anyone passing by - genuinely absolutely anyone. 

Last week we fed over 500 people and due to demand this week we have enough for over 3000. Again, this is all completely free.

If anyone wants to pop down this Friday or next, between 12:30-3:30pm, please feel free. No donations, no sign ups, no stresses - just good home cooked hot food to help anyone who needs it. 

Also, please feel free to share the below graphics on any social platforms. As I said, we have over 3000 meals to give away and I don’t fancy trying to fit any leftover in my freezer come Friday afternoon haha! 

Great effort mate . 

47 minutes ago, 5Beckenbauer said:

Good on ye mate. I dont really have social media but will send some texts about to spread the word.

All the best. 

59 minutes ago, 5Beckenbauer said:

Well done Beckenbauer, excellent project.

18 minutes ago, M4XGERSBF3 said:

Good on ye mate. I dont really have social media but will send some texts about to spread the word.

All the best. 

Cheers mate - really appreciated. 

Was partly something to help suppliers get rid of their stock due to no-one ordering at this time but didn't think it would be this popular. Seeing everyone being so thankful last week really opened my eyes to how much people need this. Wish we could do more but hopefully this is just the start. 

Again, really appreciated. 

1 hour ago, 5Beckenbauer said:

Absolute class. 

1 hour ago, Bluekev said:

Absolutely amazing project. Puts my faith back into humanity. 

29 minutes ago, TFP77 said:

Brilliant idea. Shared amongst some friends. 

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Absolute class. 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Great effort mate . 

Thats so much guys - really proud of everyone that’s volunteered for this. If any of you or your friends or families pop down let someone know and I’ll pop over and say hi.

14 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

Great to know there's still good ppl about,well done guys 😉

14 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fair play mate.

Amazing from you and everyone else doing it.

Cheers lads - will pass on everyone’s positive feedback!

13 hours ago, AlCapone said:

What kind of wine are you serving?

BYOW - just drink it at least 2m away from everyone else. 

13 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Well done mate..

Cheers lad. 

4 hours ago, wully said:

Mind take pictures for the 'what ye eating just now' thread in the OT.

Ahaha I’ll def direct people to it. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Great work OP, watching the news piece the other night about the homeless in Glasgow was heartbreaking. 

It’s awful - because of the positive feedback already from last week it’s opened our eyes to this being something that needs to be available more regularly. I know wee see soup kitchen and donations for homeless pretty much all the time but the reality is it’s sadly still not enough. 

The quality of food is incredible - literally what would be getting served in restaurants so hopefully adds something more to the soup kitchen aspect. 

2 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Great idea. If you are needing funding get a just giving page or similar set up and share in here I am sure if folk can they will pitch in a bit. 

Good idea for further down the line. We’ve been extremely lucky with suppliers being incredibly supportive so far so no need at this point. Wouldn't want to dilute from Erskine or any other fundraisers if we’re in a good position but definitely something to bank for future. 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Amazing work mate. :thumbup:

Cheers lad, much appreciated. 

Just to give him the credit he deserves, Glenn Middleton has volunteered to help us out tomorrow serving the food and assist with the set up.

The guy has been a complete class act throughout, even sharing on his social media channels, can't thank him enough. 

Hey - for anyone that’s interested, on Friday we supplied 500 hot meals plus essentials like eggs and flour to Glasgow Mutual Aid, 400 meals to Kirkwood Community Aid, 350 meals plus essential supplies to Aspire Homeless Charity, and 1000 meals to Help 4 The Homeless. This is on top of the 250 meals we managed to distribute on the day at the venue. 

We have our last event this Friday. As always, anyone and everyone are more than welcome to join us between 12:30pm-3:30pm at The Social, Royal Exchange Sq. 

Additionally, if anyone knows of any hostels, charities, etc in need of meals drop me a line and I’ll see if we can squeeze then in! 

10 minutes ago, 5Beckenbauer said:

Hey - for anyone that’s interested, on Friday we supplied 500 hot meals plus essentials like eggs and flour to Glasgow Mutual Aid, 400 meals to Kirkwood Community Aid, 350 meals plus essential supplies to Aspire Homeless Charity, and 1000 meals to Help 4 The Homeless. This is on top of the 250 meals we managed to distribute on the day at the venue. 

We have our last event this Friday. As always, anyone and everyone are more than welcome to join us between 12:30pm-3:30pm at The Social, Royal Exchange Sq. 

Additionally, if anyone knows of any hostels, charities, etc in need of meals drop me a line and I’ll see if we can squeeze then in! 

We really should just cancel the football season and give all the awards to guys like you and Alfredo Morelos. 

:bow:

Archived