Season Ticket Renewal Thread - FAQs in OP

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

IMO mate there should been no normal renewal until things were confirmed, once confirmed then charge accordingly, if it’s a month or so of RTV then we’re all back in ibrox fair enough but if it’s most of the season of RTV or some bears can go back but some can’t it just becomes a mess and paying far to much money for what we’re getting 

The club is obviously thinking from a financial point of view which is understandable, but as fans a lot of us are in the same boat.

Many laid off, furloughed, etc not knowing if they’ll have jobs to go back to when this is over.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The process of getting a refund is an absolute shambles 😂

Fans have been treated like mugs again. 

What you can spend the voucher on is awful. Honestly never thought about asking for a refund but seriously considering it now. Almost to make you feel guilty of doing it saying it will affect what happens on the pitch. Charging us full price of last season when it will be unlikely if we are at a game the first 3-4 months to watch it on a stream. Asking us to fill in a form and return it by the 30th of June when there probably won't be any staff in the ticket office until then, what's the chances the form don't make the ticket office or you get blacklisted when it comes to Hampden games. 

Plans last night did look good but were the support not told last summer that safe standing would be put in place at the end of the season. I know there is a pandemic going on the now but there has been no mention of safe standing whatsoever recently unless I have missed it? 

Backing down to the spfl after all the statements all fans wanted was actions and not stupid statements. I was actually taking the boards side saying they will back it up with actions. 

We are customers not fans 👍

12 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

The club is obviously thinking from a financial point of view which is understandable, but as fans a lot of us are in the same boat.

Many laid off, furloughed, etc not knowing if they’ll have jobs to go back to when this is over.

Aye definitely, 100% can’t have a “small crowed” as Robertson said in ibrox and lads paying the same or more in the house, they will though , shambles 

11 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

What you can spend the voucher on is awful. Honestly never thought about asking for a refund but seriously considering it now. Almost to make you feel guilty of doing it saying it will affect what happens on the pitch. Charging us full price of last season when it will be unlikely if we are at a game the first 3-4 months to watch it on a stream. Asking us to fill in a form and return it by the 30th of June when there probably won't be any staff in the ticket office until then, what's the chances the form don't make the ticket office or you get blacklisted when it comes to Hampden games. 

Plans last night did look good but were the support not told last summer that safe standing would be put in place at the end of the season. I know there is a pandemic going on the now but there has been no mention of safe standing whatsoever recently unless I have missed it? 

Backing down to the spfl after all the statements all fans wanted was actions and not stupid statements. I was actually taking the boards side saying they will back it up with actions. 

Spot on lad.

I see Motherwell FC made a really clear statement: Their club will provide season ticket holders with a guaranteed 19 games whether this season, or if it has to go into next season, the price will cover that amount of games.  On top of that, any season ticket holder will get free access to televised games played behind closed doors. 

Clear, simple and leaves fans in no doubt where they stand. It also rewards loyalty for fans willing to take up a season ticket in uncertain times.

Surely Rangers could make a simple statement like that and that would reassure any fans concerned about shelling out for games they might not be able to attend.

As a club, we always seem to want to test the waters to see what we can get away with and then reluctantly fall into line with others when complaints hit a critical mass.

Far better to lead with a bit of respect and understanding, reward supporters who have stood by the club, and have people be positive about supporting the team in these difficult times. 

3 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

Can't really see anything other than either games are behind closed doors or the games are open to all, the issue isn't just in the stadium, it's public transport, crowd management etc. So smaller crowds would still cause problems in those areas.

I can maybe see a time where games are open but you have to wear a face mask, seems to be the way airlines are going and have heard talk about some theatre's thinking about doing something similar.

Everything will depend on whether there is a spike in cases after the latest moves to lift full lockdown, and it looks like Scotland will probably be a week or so behind England, so if they let fans back in down south we will likely follow a week or so after them. 

On the plus side games are out on the open which reduces the risk as does the direction the crowd are facing but it will all be up in the air as soon as a goal hits the back of the net lol 

The fatality stats do show that’s it’s the elderly and people with certain medical conditions and treatment that are the vulnerable and I don’t think we’ll see crowds over 25% until there’s a suitable treatment for Covid. 

Been very critical of how Rangers have been doing things recently, but I think there's an element of damned if they do, damned if they don't with this.

People very critical about not getting refunds for last season (Rangers are putting mechanisms in place to do it)

I'm seeing folk feeling guilt tripped about Robertson's line about (and I'm paraphrasing here) "refund if you want it, but rest assured any money not refunded will be reinvested in the team"

I get folk now feel pressured but Robertson (for once in his life) is actually being honest and integral here. 

He's correct. If fans want their money back (money that's been banked, spent and/or accounted for) then they can - but you need to know it could well effect the product on the pitch for the short-term - this season coming.

It's your call.

I'm not going to sit here and judge anyone for wanting their money back or judge anyone for thinking people wanting their money back are lowlifes damaging the team when I'm not giving them a penny myself next season - but I can totally see the rationale in this.

It literally is what it is.

22 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

I renewed my season tickets yesterday just paying full whack. Got the email saying season tickets bought, money taken out my account etc...

Get email today thanking me for my cancellation!!

Any ideas??

Did you try pay through the website? They should send you a link to use in a few days to use, there was methods in the emails they wanted us to use rather than the site 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

I’d have all nothing mate , to many price differences to , say I get to go my season is £495 but somebody main stand front or govan rear paying £6/700 is still to watch it on the laptop just now ,

it all probably leads back to the argument there shouldn’t have been normal as if we will all be going renewals sent out, sort the cost of that out once it was confirmed what was happening 

I’m Govan Rear and pay the £700 but I’m lucky the whole Covid hadn’t affected me as I’ve worked everyday and always been paid so whether I’m watching it on a laptop for this money or not I don’t really care as I just think back to the afternoon when I heard we were in serious financial trouble and how I felt so my money goes in and it’s the same with the mygers and not claiming the £25.

The only think that’s annoyed me about the whole thing is not hearing anything about gifting them the title and a potential £20 - £25 Million and I live in hope that we’ve not folded on it.

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

You’re not just a customer as deep down you know you’re a whole lot more than just that.

22 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Been very critical of how Rangers have been doing things recently, but I think there's an element of damned if they do, damned if they don't with this.

People very critical about not getting refunds for last season (Rangers are putting mechanisms in place to do it)

I'm seeing folk feeling guilt tripped about Robertson's line about (and I'm paraphrasing here) "refund if you want it, but rest assured any money not refunded will be reinvested in the team"

I get folk now feel pressured but Robertson (for once in his life) is actually being honest and integral here. 

He's correct. If fans want their money back (money that's been banked, spent and/or accounted for) then they can - but you need to know it could well effect the product on the pitch for the short-term - this season coming.

It's your call.

I'm not going to sit here and judge anyone for wanting their money back or judge anyone for thinking people wanting their money back are lowlifes damaging the team when I'm not giving them a penny myself next season - but I can totally see the rationale in this.

It literally is what it is.

The SLO literally retweeting people saying keep it is embarrassing. There is one method of getting it and it is bizarre to say the least.

Fair enough giving the option but don’t try not to make it easy.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The SLO literally retweeting people saying keep it is embarrassing. There is one method of getting it and it is bizarre to say the least.

Fair enough giving the option but don’t try not to make it easy.

Aye I don't know the in's and out's of whatever mechanism they've put in place to facilitate the refund - I'm just talking about the principle of it.

36 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Did you try pay through the website? They should send you a link to use in a few days to use, there was methods in the emails they wanted us to use rather than the site 

Aye was ticket site mate logged into my account and done it from there.  So will i get refund first?

Just now, lewislaudrup said:

Aye was ticket site mate logged into my account and done it from there.  So will i get refund first?

Will take a few days mate but they’ll refund you back to whatever payment method you used. They should send you another email with a link so you can pay, it might come before your refund but maybe only by a day or so 

Five games including them works out to around £150.

A lot of people are struggling to renew season tickets so why don't the club just dump that money into the persons online account so they can put that towards renewing. 

Moneys still going to the club... 

8 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Will take a few days mate but they’ll refund you back to whatever payment method you used. They should send you another email with a link so you can pay, it might come before your refund but maybe only by a day or so 

Cheers mate. Your more helpful than the club👍

8 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

I only know cause I did the same as you 😂 don’t understand how they can’t just process the payments through the site. More hassle sending the money back to us to then pay a different way, than just processing the payment we’ve fucking made. Anyway, I’m all good now thankfully 

1 hour ago, lewislaudrup said:

I am sure what Tam has said will work, I used the link in the original email and paid by debit card and about 5 days later got the cancelled one. I then went back to the original email and payed by bank transfer the second time, and so far they seem happy. 

I hope I have not confused you mate but it seems to have been a common problem. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

I renewed my season tickets yesterday just paying full whack. Got the email saying season tickets bought, money taken out my account etc...

Get email today thanking me for my cancellation!!

Any ideas??

From what i gather if you are using option 3 on the email you have to use the stripe link.

Paying through the basket leads to it getting cancelled !

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Five games including them works out to around £150.

A lot of people are struggling to renew season tickets so why don't the club just dump that money into the persons online account so they can put that towards renewing. 

Moneys still going to the club... 

A would be fine with that tbf even a ton a St holder. Put it in everyones account then you can use the money for RTV or tickets when we are allowed in grounds would be a bonus if you could use it on merchandise. 

4 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

A would be fine with that tbf even a ton a St holder. Put it in everyones account then you can use the money for RTV or tickets when we are allowed in grounds would be a bonus if you could use it on merchandise. 

What's gonna happen this time next year if we've only been able to go to say 9/10 home games out of 19 in the coming season? 

Can't see them offering refunds myself but that's just cynical me... 

5 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Just clocked a tweet from the SLO on SS, ‘not a project that is progressing’ 😂 

Archived