Season Ticket Renewal Thread - FAQs in OP

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asking for the money without even mentioning the current situation, when the club know fans wont be allowed inside the stadium until 2021 is an absolute disgrace. 

Club needs money we all understand that, but perhaps treat us like adults and explain the situation. 

Disgusted with that today in all honesty. 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Asking for the money without even mentioning the current situation, when the club know fans wont be allowed inside the stadium until 2021 is an absolute disgrace. 

Club needs money we all understand that, but perhaps treat us like adults and explain the situation. 

Robertson has really dropped a clanger with this. Carrying on like the SPFL like nothing is different. 

Well I dug into my savings and renewed. Also signed up to the MyGers carry on. Reckon every penny I can manage just now is important. Not like I'm going on holiday with my savings this year anyway 

4 minutes ago, StewGer said:

Well I dug into my savings and renewed. Also signed up to the MyGers carry on. Reckon every penny I can manage just now is important. Not like I'm going on holiday with my savings this year anyway 

Stealth I’m a rich cunt post 

if I dug into my savings ( a Tupperware tub on top of my fridge)  I would maybe count out about £30 in two pence pieces 😆

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Can't see club 4 month option online any help lads? 

There wasn't one for me online either mate. Email just told me to send payment 4 x by certain dates. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Stealth I’m a rich cunt post 

if I dug into my savings ( a Tupperware tub on top of my fridge)  I would maybe count out about £30 in two pence pieces 😆

Imagine how bad yer grub would be then buddy 

6 hours ago, CooperSF said:

My ticket is on auto-renew but I don’t think I will be able to afford it this year.

Is it possible to cancel the auto-renew?

6 hours ago, Sket said:

I've emailed them and told them to take me off it.

I just recieved a reply saying they have cancelled my auto renew and they will hold my ticket until 30th June but to be aware that the 4 monthly installments are set from May 29th. Which I'm guessing means if I decide to renew after that date I'll be paying it in one go.

Something I will have no problem doing.....if we fight this corruption.

8 minutes ago, Sket said:

I just recieved a reply saying they have cancelled my auto renew and they will hold my ticket until 30th June but to be aware that the 4 monthly installments are set from May 29th. Which I'm guessing means if I decide to renew after that date I'll be paying it in one go.

Thanks for the heads up, mate.

Could you confirm the email you used to contact?

3 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Im the same mate had one not the other wanna try get seats moved together

That's mine finally came through m8, £1200 to renew mine and the girls, putting it on the Mrs credit card and just pay it off when I can, just looking at that figure is fucking frightening, away to get pished. 

40 minutes ago, Sket said:

Be doing the exact same.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

I compared it to the situation in 2012.  We renewed not knowing if there would be a club to support.  Did so in order to help the club survive.  

Right now we might not see any football until 2021.  Even then, it could be a stop/start affair.  But if we don’t renew the club could go under.  Just tell us that.  They need the money but can’t promise we’ll see any football.  The fans will deliver as we did before.

46 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

That's mine finally came through m8, £1200 to renew mine and the girls, putting it on the Mrs credit card and just pay it off when I can, just looking at that figure is fucking frightening, away to get pished. 

£1200  and we might get to go next year sometime😂😂

22 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

£1200  and we might get to go next year sometime😂😂

Most of my reactionary bullshit is exactly that, reactionary, Rangers are in my blood and I can't help myself, I honestly feel for the boys on here who can't renew despite every feeling they have telling them to do it, Rangers could and should have handled this a better way, maybe with monthly deposits set at a reasonable rate to reserve their seat or something, fuck knows, I'm not a business man or good with figures etc. I can't afford my renewals but I'm going to do it anyway as I'll find a way, any other business asking me to do what I'm going to do would be told to fuck off. 

25 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Most of my reactionary bullshit is exactly that, reactionary, Rangers are in my blood and I can't help myself, I honestly feel for the boys on here who can't renew despite every feeling they have telling them to do it, Rangers could and should have handled this a better way, maybe with monthly deposits set at a reasonable rate to reserve their seat or something, fuck knows, I'm not a business man or good with figures etc. I can't afford my renewals but I'm going to do it anyway as I'll find a way, any other business asking me to do what I'm going to do would be told to fuck off. 

But that's probably what annoys me the most. It's like your best mate tapping you for a tenner day before pay day and not thanking you for doing it. You were always going to help them out, but it's still shite practice to not be thanked for the gesture.

The club know most people will do what they can to renew, but all the messaging strikes me as taking it absolutely for granted and not taking into consideration the situation that many people will find themselves in financially. Lauding players for deferring (not foregoing) high wages makes the messaging even more hollow. And not even taking the time to acknowledge the uncertainty going forward while asking for money for games that could easily be played behind closed doors is really poor practice.

I lost shares in 2012 and never had so much as an e-mail from the club, feels similar now - shut up and pay up. I've sat in the same seat for twenty years and it was my Dad's seat before he passed, so nothing would stop me renewing as it's my emotional link to him, but have absolutely lost respect for those that run the club. 

1 hour ago, docspiderman said:

I will leave it as late as possible to renew hoping that it will be clearer when we will be able to attend games since Rangers do not do refunds on tickets. I cannot afford to pay out for something that we may not be able to use.

You'll save a fortune on travel food and pints 🙂

56 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Its strange mate, girlfriend told me today she thinks it's stupid that I'm so okay with just giving Rangers 500 quid when I might get nothing for it when there's times I talk myself out of even paying 20 quid for something :lol:

I've no kids or fuck all and I'm still working full time as it stands currently so I'm grand with it

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Its strange mate, girlfriend told me today she thinks it's stupid that I'm so okay with just giving Rangers 500 quid when I might get nothing for it when there's times I talk myself out of even paying 20 quid for something :lol:

I've no kids or fuck all and I'm still working full time as it stands currently so I'm grand with it

She thinks I'm off my nut as well tbh, but to be fair to her she knows what this club means to me and the girls. 

2 hours ago, TMB said:

I compared it to the situation in 2012.  We renewed not knowing if there would be a club to support.  Did so in order to help the club survive.  

Right now we might not see any football until 2021.  Even then, it could be a stop/start affair.  But if we don’t renew the club could go under.  Just tell us that.  They need the money but can’t promise we’ll see any football.  The fans will deliver as we did before.

It’s totally different now, the club aren’t even taking advantage of government grants available to them.

Archived