Season Ticket Renewal Thread - FAQs in OP

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve never felt so deflated in my life. I don’t think we’re going to renew because we can’t afford to pay for something we might not see. I know the club need the money but in these uncertain times so do we. Unfortunately Rangers aren’t a priority. After reading the MyGers thing it says we would need to pay £50 for us and £25 for the wean to be put back on the waiting list to buy a ST again in the future. That’s £125 per season for no guarantee so I don’t think we would be able to have a ST again. I am so gutted and to be honest it’s really brought me down ☹️

22 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I’ve never felt so deflated in my life. I don’t think we’re going to renew because we can’t afford to pay for something we might not see. I know the club need the money but in these uncertain times so do we. Unfortunately Rangers aren’t a priority. After reading the MyGers thing it says we would need to pay £50 for us and £25 for the wean to be put back on the waiting list to buy a ST again in the future. That’s £125 per season for no guarantee so I don’t think we would be able to have a ST again. I am so gutted and to be honest it’s really brought me down ☹️

Players should be taking cuts till everything is back to normal mate , 2k off their wage a weeks fuck all to them 

18 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Jinty, I really feel for your situation with ST's and this MyGers added cost.

I am sure many fans are in the same situation as yourself and while it is difficult for the Club at this time as well with needing money in it is difficult to understand why the players have not offered to take a reduction in their pay, I know the deferred payments will help, but the money for their wages still has to be paid. (If I have missed this being changed to a cut, then sorry for missing that). I also think think some kind of pay half the cost of ST's to retain your seat and then pay the rest later when games starts again should have been considered by Rangers. 

Have you considered buying one adult and a child ST and take turns going with the wee man to games and forget about the MyGers thing ? You will still get the chance to buy your seat/s for cup games I think. I know last year they brought in some thing about not giving your seat to anyone else, but I cannot see you would have a problem with that.

I wish you well with whatever you have to do and remember this is unprecedented times that no one can help so do not beat yourself up, this is not your blame. 💙

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Jinty, I really feel for your situation with ST's and this MyGers added cost.

I am sure many fans are in the same situation as yourself and while it is difficult for the Club at this time as well with needing money in it is difficult to understand why the players have not offered to take a reduction in their pay, I know the deferred payments will help, but the money for their wages still has to be paid. (If I have missed this being changed to a cut, then sorry for missing that). I also think think some kind of pay half the cost of ST's to retain your seat and then pay the rest later when games starts again should have been considered by Rangers. 

Have you considered buying one adult and a child ST and take turns going with the wee man to games and forget about the MyGers thing ? You will still get the chance to buy your seat/s for cup games I think. I know last year they brought in some thing about not giving your seat to anyone else, but I cannot see you would have a problem with that.

I wish you well with whatever you have to do and remember this is unprecedented times that no one can help so do not beat yourself up, this is not your blame. 💙

Thanks BRU. I don’t think I would go without my husband. It’s a thing we do as a family but ultimately I want to renew and I might still but it’s such a lot of money for probably nothing. 

Just now, jintybear said:

Thanks BRU. I don’t think I would go without my husband. It’s a thing we do as a family but ultimately I want to renew and I might still but it’s such a lot of money for probably nothing. 

No problem Jinty, it was just an idea that came into my mind, but completely understand why it would not work. 

Are you on auto renew or do you have until end of June ??

46 minutes ago, jintybear said:

The way the club have handled this isn't the least bit surprising. 

Poor show all around. 

24 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

No problem Jinty, it was just an idea that came into my mind, but completely understand why it would not work. 

Are you on auto renew or do you have until end of June ??

I’m in auto renew so I have a couple of weeks to make a decision 

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

That's fucking shite to read jinty , its sickening how the club have acted around this issue 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

That's fucking shite to read jinty , its sickening how the club have acted around this issue 

There are so many people in the same boat. I’m just gutted especially because I have been there through the lower leagues and it makes me sick to think of a stranger in my seat when we win 55! 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’m sure @Sket emailed and got them to cancel the auto renew if that’s better or helps you pal?

The thing is if I renew I’ll need to pay it over 4 months. We usually pay up front for my husband and grandson and pay mine up. It’s such a hard decision to make ☹️

12 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I’m in auto renew so I have a couple of weeks to make a decision 

That is hellish, can you contact them and ask for another payment plan or something Jinty??

I feel this has been handled badly for some fans and should be able to be changed to help loyal supporters not to lose their seats.

I do hope you (and others) can get some help to keep your seats. 

Let us know if you get any help to sort it out. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

The thing is if I renew I’ll need to pay it over 4 months. We usually pay up front for my husband and grandson and pay mine up. It’s such a hard decision to make ☹️

They will cancel the auto renew and give you until the deadline but the 4 monthly payments are set in stone from the 29th May.

This new My Gers scheme  is just a way of getting more money out of us that want away tickets.  Forget just attending all games at Ibrox now as they want you to hand over £50 for an adult and £25 for a kid and that guarantees you hee haw.

And why have they only gone back to 2015?   What about the decades of loyalty before then ? 

I am already looking at joining with my son and also putting RTv on when I really have no need for it as I have Bt and sky sports and  got most games in Europe this year and our win against the mhanky mob already on my sky q box,  but I want away and final tickets so have to fork out more 

People struggle just to get their season tickets each season but now they are wanting more and all this after the prices we paid in Europe compared to other fans, they have to relise fans also have family to feed and bills to pay.   

Loyalty is a 2 way thing and this could chase genuine fans away who  paid up fully in our hour of need.  

All this and the fans are now supposedly represented these days 

22 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

This new My Gers scheme  is just a way of getting more money out of us that want away tickets.  Forget just attending all games at Ibrox now as they want you to hand over £50 for an adult and £25 for a kid and that guarantees you hee haw.

And why have they only gone back to 2015?   What about the decades of loyalty before then ? 

I am already looking at joining with my son and also putting RTv on when I really have no need for it as I have Bt and sky sports and  got most games in Europe this year and our win against the mhanky mob already on my sky q box,  but I want away and final tickets so have to fork out more 

People struggle just to get their season tickets each season but now they are wanting more and all this after the prices we paid in Europe compared to other fans, they have to relise fans also have family to feed and bills to pay.   

Loyalty is a 2 way thing and this could chase genuine fans away who  paid up fully in our hour of need.  

Spot on  bro 👏

24 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

They don't give a single fuck about fans or their loyalty. The only thing they are interested in is how much they can get out of your wallet.

The club are a business and the scheme is designed so that we spend money in the areas the club wants us to spend money.

As pish as it is, once you take all the emotion out of it we're customers at the end of they day. 

The scheme has its flaws but I do think something needed done, especially with the away tickets but given what's going on perhaps a better approach would of been to delay it until next year. 

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

The club are a business and the scheme is designed so that we spend money in the areas the club wants us to spend money.

As pish as it is, once you take all the emotion out of it we're customers at the end of they day. 

The scheme has its flaws but I do think something needed done, especially with the away tickets but given what's going on perhaps a better approach would of been to delay it until next year. 

Only calculating the points and changing people’s loyalty position 3 times a season is the biggest flaw , makes the full thing pointless 

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Only calculating the points and changing people’s loyalty position 3 times a season is the biggest flaw , makes the full thing pointless 

Agreed, I don't imagine it would be difficult to calculate peoples points more regularly than that.

12 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Agreed, I don't imagine it would be difficult to calculate peoples points more regularly than that.

Could be on more points than someone, they’re at Tynecastle your sitting in the hoose 😂, what’s the point 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Could be on more points than someone they’re at Tynecastle your sitting in the hoose 😂, what’s the point 

Same with the seat sub thing.

Someone who goes to the game gets the same number of points as someone who doesn't. 

Archived