9 years ago today saw...

Never been the same since he left tbh. 

Was a great manager for us in that second spell, but he was so much more than that too. Although it got far worse when Whyte came in all the crap with Donald Muir and Lloyd’s had going on for a good couple of years prior to that before the club was even sold to Whyte and IMO Smith went above and beyond the role of manager and played a massive role in trying to hold the club together off the park as much as he did on it.

The G.O.A.T.

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

Bitter sweet now tbh. Last of the good times. 

All this retrospect and reeling back the years just doesn’t hit with me until we actually win something again. I won’t enjoy past glories until we have some present ones, currently almost a decade without a trophy is absolutely sickening tbh.

It is sickening jimbob but why you wouldn’t even take the time to enjoy these moments i don’t know, we’ve been massively mismanaged time and time again. Whether we win now or not we should still appreciate 

5 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Pishing rain and pretty much everyone stayed behind that night. 

Walking from the Govan heading to my bus it was absolutely mobbed.....that was 45 mins after the full time whistle 

The best, if only he was 10/15 years younger.

8 domestic trophies out of 12, a UEFA Cup final and three Champions League group stage appearances in that second spell. Incredible when you think his net spend was about 8/9 million over 4 1/2 years and with just about every other restriction possible. 

Standards and fear factor left when Walter left , Gerrards definitely improved standards at the club demanding upgrades in areas that were frankly a shithole etc , no one fears us though, shat on from all directions 

Incredible to think what he did the second time round, we’ve not recovered since he left. 

Taking over a side that was a complete mess and within 13 months we were in a European final, by using the likes of Dailly, Weir, Ehiogu is incredible. 

We’d have went into admin as a club years before if it wasn’t for him, he consistently qualified for the CL, went years without signing anyone for a fee and still won almost every trophy in front of him. 

Just an utter legend. Man Utd fans talk of SAF as the greatest ever, I actually think Walters achievements are even better when you consider the budgets and situations they inherited

On 10/05/2020 at 15:16, SIRB_72 said:

The best, if only he was 10/15 years younger.

8 domestic trophies out of 12, a UEFA Cup final and three Champions League group stage appearances in that second spell. Incredible when you think his net spend was about 8/9 million over 4 1/2 years and with just about every other restriction possible. 

And cheated out the league by the tim cabal in 07/08 with a fixture backlog. Not to mention lessening our chances of winning the UEFA Cup. Corrupt to the core 

Archived