One for the kit nerds

Gmajor1991

1 hour ago, MaddistonKnight said:

Did alright for us. 

Better than plenty of so-called "Rangers Men" during his time here.

I think he did.

Best headerer of a ball we’ve had since Hateley. Scored plenty out of absolutely nothing hopeless crosses into the box.

16 hours ago, Gmajor1991 said:

Check out the old-style scroll crest on what I presume was a 2013-2014 training jersey. Anyone got one of these knocking around with the same badge? Was it on any other kit at the time?

20200514_010604.jpg

Initial pre season training kit had this on it. Coaches black pre season tops and shorts had it too. I remember being quite happy to see the ‘proper’ crest on the kit.

I think someone must have used an old template to stitch the badges on to make training kit in a hurry. We haven’t used that particular crest since 1989-90.

4 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I think he did.

Best headerer of a ball we’ve had since Hateley. Scored plenty out of absolutely nothing hopeless crosses into the box.

Years and a number of managers later and our style of play is just the same.

18 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Initial pre season training kit had this on it. Coaches black pre season tops and shorts had it too. I remember being quite happy to see the ‘proper’ crest on the kit.

I think someone must have used an old template to stitch the badges on to make training kit in a hurry. We haven’t used that particular crest since 1989-90.

Found a whole album of that training gear in use! Featuring the most staunch team bus in the the third tier

https://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/050713-Rangers-training/G0000I_1.xQEvJBw/I0000N8TpQek0OB0/C0000RuSYb5vZE60

Archived