SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Guess you're right if your default position is to criticise 

The criticism of the lack of clarity is nothing new, we don’t have a media that we can trust to keep us informed.

Rangers are bad for making statements and then silence, I don’t blame anyone for being concerned that this is just another one of them.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah but you want us to take legal action. What do you want us to do, what do you get him charged with?

We provided a dossier of evidence of malpractice, company law type breaches, and offered to pay for a financial investigation onto it all. We were still rebutted.

So dont just say get rid of Doncaster, that's what the club wwnt too. If you want to criticise the Board for shitting it, tell me what course of action specifically is open to them that they have shat out of.

I dont think they have shat anything yet !!!

No great rush.

As I said in another post.

Wait to see what Hearts,Partick,Stranraer and Kelty do first.

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

From our perspective he definitely can’t get anymore games nevermind big ones ,We all know that the taigs get their cages rattled if we get anything in any game we play ,The cup game against Hamilton with the Goldson hand ball incident the cunts were spewing and filling the phone ins 

the phone ins aren't a problem so much . I think it's the clever pundits that hurt us the most.

Mutton/Fartson / Walker . there is 3 right there  . drop of a hat . Very good at setting the bheasts narrative . The beep have around 4 or 5 that way in

5 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

I am not sure second vote changes much. It was a vote to agree season couldnt be concluded. 

Waiting to see what Hearts, Partick, Stranraer and Kelty do I presume. 

Really surprised they havent given Doncaster a new 4 year contract to make it more expensive to get rid of him unless we can get him sacked.

No harm in telling the bears they are not happy with goings on mate . They have been silent . No excuses for me 

From the Sun today - I know but the more the press turn on them the better

"

DAVIE PROVAN SFA are barely relevant on Hampden’s sixth floor and are allowing SPFL to run leagues like Sicialian Mafia writes Provan

IN a rare public appearance this week, SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell offered his take on the Covid-19 crisis.

He said: “We hope all the clubs survive and we are absolutely determined to ensure they all survive.”

Ian Maxwell gave his thoughts on the coronavirus crisis

Nice soundbite, but it’s clear he doesn’t have a clue where our game is headed right now.

My own hunch is that Maxwell and Neil Doncaster will end up at Holyrood begging for a taxpayer bailout.

Either way, a bit of leadership from the SFA is overdue.

Up until now the governing body has been posted missing.

Meanwhile, down the corridor the SPFL has been running the leagues like the Sicilian Mafia.

When Maxwell and running mate Rod Petrie should have been blowing the whistle on Doncaster’s gang, they washed their hands of responsibility.

Those of my vintage will recall different times. Ernie Walker and Jim Farry both had their faults, but they ensured the SFA was always in charge. Those running the leagues knew their place. They were the junior partners in the relationship.

Now the SFA is barely relevant on Hampden’s sixth floor. When they should be holding the SPFL to account they’ve become the SPFL’s glove puppet instead.

Love to know what Maxwell makes of recent events. In particular the Good Friday voting circus that concluded with gullible Dundee MD John Nelms buying a reconstruction fairy tale.

That allowed the SPFL to pursue the only agenda they had from day one. Getting the leagues called, dishing out prize money and to hell with the collateral damage.

That ballot shambles should have been enough to have the SFA flexing some muscle, but they didn’t want to know.

Biggest victims of the vote stitch-up were Hearts and Partick Thistle. No disrespect to Stranraer who were also shafted, but the priority should be looking after full-time clubs whose players play for their living.

My pal Tony Fitzpatrick, the St Mirren chief executive, offered his opinion on the imminent relegation of Hearts saying, “They’d have struggled to get off the bottom and deserve to be relegated.”

Sorry mate, you’re so wrong.

Yeah, the Jambos have been a disgrace and deserved to be bottom of the league when football was stopped. But they still had a decent chance of saving themselves with eight games outstanding.

How can directors of Premiership clubs look Hearts chairman Ann Budge in the eye when the Tynecastle club is facing a £3million hit?

With suggestions Championship clubs will play a curtailed season beginning next January, how do Hearts keep the lights on for seven months without any income?

Only in Scotland would we boot the country’s third biggest club out of the league needlessly.

Mind you, these are the same people who made the lunatic decision to put Rangers in League Two.

Meanwhile, Budge could do without the disingenuous guff she’s hearing.

Hamilton’s Allan Maitland assures us Accies were never in danger, saying, “We weren’t too worried about the team behind us. From that point of view we were a wee bit disappointed the season finished when it did.”

Four points from relegation, 24 points up for grabs and he wasn’t worried? Do us a favour.

Elsewhere, the treatment of Thistle in the Championship beggars belief. Relegated when just two points behind Queen of the South with a game in hand? Are they having a laugh?

With talk of the two lower leagues padlocking the gates for a season, where would that leave Thistle?
Having threatened legal action, Budge is having another go at league reconstruction. A 14-10-10-10 set-up would help a lot of clubs. It would spare Hearts, Thistle and    Stranraer,           see Falkirk promoted and give Brora Rangers and Kelty Hearts a leg up.

In the mythical world of sporting integrity it’s a no-brainer, if only for a couple of seasons.

The Premiership would boast derbies in Glasgow, Edinburgh and the Highlands, with the New Firm derby back where it belongs too.

Are Sky Sports going to object to that? Wouldn’t sponsors, currently running for the hills, buy into it?

Unfortunately, Budge has made a few enemies during this crisis. It’s difficult to see how she gets the numbers to overcome that ludicrous top-flight voting system.

Chances are she’ll be left with the nuclear option of going to the courts. If she takes that route I wish her well."

21 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You can't have the lowest rank team at home in a one of tie, come onto fuck. 😂

Has to be a neutral venue.

Don’t shoot the messenger. I’m just saying what the current plan is. 

Regardless, it’ll be behind closed doors anyway

46 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I don’t know how they can come out with something that is an obvious lie ,Even an idiot would know that Hearts wouldn’t vote to relegate themselves ,Just another example of the SPFL doing and saying what they want because they believe they are untouchable 

It is one of may lies that they casually pass off as actual fact, lets not forget they even lied to UEFA.

1 minute ago, GM63 said:

It is one of may lies that they casually pass off as actual fact, lets not forget they even lied to UEFA.

It's the scum way and when facts demonstrate clearly that they are at it then out comes the downtrodden victim card.

I genuinely had hope that the boy Maxwell would prove his worth and be ensuring fairness in Scottish football. His weak willed capitulation and his woefully poor behaviour is utterly pathetic tbh. 

Provan is a prick but he certainly sums it up pretty well. Obviously ignoring the elephant that is liewell controlling all for the benefit of just one club. 

6 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I genuinely had hope that the boy Maxwell would prove his worth and be ensuring fairness in Scottish football. His weak willed capitulation and his woefully poor behaviour is utterly pathetic tbh. 

Provan is a prick but he certainly sums it up pretty well. Obviously ignoring the elephant that is liewell controlling all for the benefit of just one club. 

His Sicilian mafia comment hits home and, for me, points the finger. He probably could not go further or his article would not have been published.

Express, yesterday, and Sun today turning on them has be seen as a plus. Archer and Provan simply going into print with what we all know.

10 hours ago, King Jela said:

Who knows? Football/life in general changes so quickly. We've got a massive fanbase and theres only so long you can poke the bear. 

I really want to believe that mate but until we come together and stand as one,nothing will change.

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

He does equate it to ‘Sicilian Mafia’ which in effect is spot on, as highlighted by yourself he stops short (as per everyone else) at calling out the main powerbroker and benefactors (again, as per everyone else).

It’s like the abuse scandal at celtic, everyone knows about it, but no one in Scotland with the platform to call it out in an effective manner will touch it. Allegedly kick over a non existent sandcastle though...

Disheartening state of affairs...

11 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

His Sicilian mafia comment hits home and, for me, points the finger. He probably could not go further or his article would not have been published.

Express, yesterday, and Sun today turning on them has be seen as a plus. Archer and Provan simply going into print with what we all know.

👍

10 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

He does equate it to ‘Sicilian Mafia’ which in effect is spot on, as highlighted by yourself he stops short (as per everyone else) at calling out the main powerbroker and benefactors (again, as per everyone else).

It’s like the abuse scandal at celtic, everyone knows about, it but no one in Scotland with the platform to call it out in an effective manner will touch it. Allegedly kick over a non existent sandcastle though...

Disheartening state of affairs...

Nobody dare mention any of that because of fear caused by “Sicilian Mafia”

28 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

SFA and SPFL are intertwined with taig controlled corruption ,we all know it ,The silence from the SFA in the last couple of months only underlines what we already know 

The SFA should be stronger and not seen as weaker than the SPFL they are further up the chain 

The case for the whole lot to be cleaned out gets stronger by the day 

Rigged voting

Member clubs lied to over money. The lying just goes on and on as Scottish football faces destruction.

All because of 1 club.

Some press members are waking up to this as are fans of other clubs. I can't help wondering if our call for an independent inquiry would pass if the voting was tomorrow. It would be a damn sight closer for sure. 

I know it's been said previously but nothing will change until the other clubs grow a set and challenge the SPFL collectively. Surely they can't ignore the blatant disregard shown to them for any longer.  I'd like to think talks have been ongoing in the background, but am not confident.

23 minutes ago, Grundy said:

I know it's been said previously but nothing will change until the other clubs grow a set and challenge the SPFL collectively. Surely they can't ignore the blatant disregard shown to them for any longer.  I'd like to think talks have been ongoing in the background, but am not confident.

They've ignored it up until now so don't expect much to change 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

From the Sun today - I know but the more the press turn on them the better

"

DAVIE PROVAN SFA are barely relevant on Hampden’s sixth floor and are allowing SPFL to run leagues like Sicialian Mafia writes Provan

IN a rare public appearance this week, SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell offered his take on the Covid-19 crisis.

He said: “We hope all the clubs survive and we are absolutely determined to ensure they all survive.”

Ian Maxwell gave his thoughts on the coronavirus crisis

Nice soundbite, but it’s clear he doesn’t have a clue where our game is headed right now.

My own hunch is that Maxwell and Neil Doncaster will end up at Holyrood begging for a taxpayer bailout.

Either way, a bit of leadership from the SFA is overdue.

Up until now the governing body has been posted missing.

Meanwhile, down the corridor the SPFL has been running the leagues like the Sicilian Mafia.

When Maxwell and running mate Rod Petrie should have been blowing the whistle on Doncaster’s gang, they washed their hands of responsibility.

Those of my vintage will recall different times. Ernie Walker and Jim Farry both had their faults, but they ensured the SFA was always in charge. Those running the leagues knew their place. They were the junior partners in the relationship.

Now the SFA is barely relevant on Hampden’s sixth floor. When they should be holding the SPFL to account they’ve become the SPFL’s glove puppet instead.

Love to know what Maxwell makes of recent events. In particular the Good Friday voting circus that concluded with gullible Dundee MD John Nelms buying a reconstruction fairy tale.

That allowed the SPFL to pursue the only agenda they had from day one. Getting the leagues called, dishing out prize money and to hell with the collateral damage.

That ballot shambles should have been enough to have the SFA flexing some muscle, but they didn’t want to know.

Biggest victims of the vote stitch-up were Hearts and Partick Thistle. No disrespect to Stranraer who were also shafted, but the priority should be looking after full-time clubs whose players play for their living.

My pal Tony Fitzpatrick, the St Mirren chief executive, offered his opinion on the imminent relegation of Hearts saying, “They’d have struggled to get off the bottom and deserve to be relegated.”

Sorry mate, you’re so wrong.

Yeah, the Jambos have been a disgrace and deserved to be bottom of the league when football was stopped. But they still had a decent chance of saving themselves with eight games outstanding.

How can directors of Premiership clubs look Hearts chairman Ann Budge in the eye when the Tynecastle club is facing a £3million hit?

With suggestions Championship clubs will play a curtailed season beginning next January, how do Hearts keep the lights on for seven months without any income?

Only in Scotland would we boot the country’s third biggest club out of the league needlessly.

Mind you, these are the same people who made the lunatic decision to put Rangers in League Two.

Meanwhile, Budge could do without the disingenuous guff she’s hearing.

Hamilton’s Allan Maitland assures us Accies were never in danger, saying, “We weren’t too worried about the team behind us. From that point of view we were a wee bit disappointed the season finished when it did.”

Four points from relegation, 24 points up for grabs and he wasn’t worried? Do us a favour.

Elsewhere, the treatment of Thistle in the Championship beggars belief. Relegated when just two points behind Queen of the South with a game in hand? Are they having a laugh?

With talk of the two lower leagues padlocking the gates for a season, where would that leave Thistle?
Having threatened legal action, Budge is having another go at league reconstruction. A 14-10-10-10 set-up would help a lot of clubs. It would spare Hearts, Thistle and    Stranraer,           see Falkirk promoted and give Brora Rangers and Kelty Hearts a leg up.

In the mythical world of sporting integrity it’s a no-brainer, if only for a couple of seasons.

The Premiership would boast derbies in Glasgow, Edinburgh and the Highlands, with the New Firm derby back where it belongs too.

Are Sky Sports going to object to that? Wouldn’t sponsors, currently running for the hills, buy into it?

Unfortunately, Budge has made a few enemies during this crisis. It’s difficult to see how she gets the numbers to overcome that ludicrous top-flight voting system.

Chances are she’ll be left with the nuclear option of going to the courts. If she takes that route I wish her well."

Proven wrote that? Wow!

Archived