SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I read they have Roy MacGregor from Ross County as well, they thinks that is a cover for Liewell but anyone who follows Scottish football knows it is a sham.

I have never been less interested in Scottish football than I am at the moment. I have renewed my ST (no idea when anyone will get back in) and will no doubt get up for games once we start back, but I am not missing it just now. It is all because of the corruption from the SPFL/SFA and our apparent decision as a Club (I know many think differently) to chuck the battle. :britney:

I'm waiting my time to cancel sky sports for a couple of reasons.
The first will be to tell them about subsidising a team who should be out of business,after what happened at the club who think a legal tax loophole is a bigger crime than abusing over 100 kids,and for covering up at least 6 convicted criminal paedophiles to date.
Then there is the fact i'm paying to watch football without the lifeblood of the game and that is fans.
Fuckin canned laughter will be as funny as canned fans. 

17 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

The first will be to tell them about subsidising a team who should be out of business,after what happened at the club who think a legal tax loophole is a bigger crime than abusing over 100 kids,and for covering up at least 6 convicted criminal paedophiles to date.
Then there is the fact i'm paying to watch football without the lifeblood of the game and that is fans.

I cancelled Sky Sports and BT Sports a while ago. Full subscription to RTV (£17.25/month) and a decent VPN means you can watch almost all games and Rangers get the money. 

59 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

While I understand the desire for BCD football to try and finish leagues, football without fans as you say is shite IMO.

I do not watch much German football in normal times but it never crossed my mind to watch their games since they started up again. 

59 minutes ago, banjobear said:

I cancelled Sky Sports and BT Sports a while ago. Full subscription to RTV (£17.25/month) and a decent VPN means you can watch almost all games and Rangers get the money. 

Why do you need a vpn to watch rtv

Feel we have an open goal the night but we have done what we have done best the last few years and shat the bed.

Absolutely no need for the season to have been called. Teams back training 11th of June finish season from the 2nd week in July to beginning of August with games every 3 days in empty stadiums you could work it out so a game is on every day of the week have the season finished for the first week in August. Restart next season in September ditch the Cups for 1 season. 

51 minutes ago, bluebovril said:

Why do you need a vpn to watch rtv

It makes RTV think you live abroad and you can get live Rangers matches at 3pm on a Saturday.  My mate has one that makes it seem he lives in Denmark. You still need to pay RTV fee.

4 hours ago, banjobear said:

The best thing is, Rangers know this fine well (regards the VPN) and will be quite happy with fans making their arrangements - they obviously just can't come out and say it or promote doing it.

13 hours ago, gj923 said:

The EPL/Bundesliga are spending millions to test players to show to them and also the authorities that it is safe in the bubble they have/will create for the teams. The SPL don't have that so it can only start when it is deemed safe to do so which is probably at least several months away.

Could the SPFL not use the covid money they were given from UEFA to buy test kits?

I know the whole issue of taking the league body to court, outwith CAS, is generally frowned upon but this story in the Sun is clearly another attempt by the SPFL to tell clubs to not question their governance or face the consequences. TBH this seems like another Hollicom puff piece to say why restarting the season in August was never an option, allegedly.

Absolutely stinks.

41 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

I know the whole issue of taking the league body to court, outwith CAS, is generally frowned upon but this story in the Sun is clearly another attempt by the SPFL to tell clubs to not question their governance or face the consequences. TBH this seems like another Hollicom puff piece to say why restarting the season in August was never an option, allegedly.

Absolutely stinks.

I C&P the article.

It does stink. I didn't realise the command to punish Rangers came from Fifa. Did Fifa say what the punishment would be for our club? Did they say that we were to be booting out of the league and have to reapply for  our licence to play? I'd love to know who at Fifa commanded this and were they part of the 5way agreement forcing Rangers to agree to the unlawful embargo?  I presume Hearts will approach any court case from a corporate governance point of view instead of a footballing point of view so as they don't break the rules. What about that league who got their end of season overturned to null and void, will they be punished?

HEARTS risk being frozen out of football if they drag the SPFL through civil courts. Jambos chairman Ann Budge has doubled down on her legal action threat against fellow clubs if, as expected, her league reconstruction plan fails. But that would be in direct breach of the SFA rules Hearts signed up to — and it could see their membership revoked. Taking legal action outwith the Swiss-based Court of Arbitration for Sport is punishable under the SFA’s Judicial Panel Protocol. Rule One states possible sanctions include suspension or termination of SFA membership, fines of up to £1million, a transfer ban and/or expulsion from the Scottish Cup.

Rangers went down the legal route in 2012 to contest a transfer ban and Fifa warned the SFA to take action against themGers had initial success in challenging that ban at the Court of Session, but were later forced to accept a signing embargo as a condition of being granted SFA membership. Although Hearts’ dispute is with the SPFL, the SFA are the governing body in Scotland and matters of conduct, discipline and the game’s laws are down to them. They grant teams their ability to compete. Budge claims relegation will see Hearts lose £3m and has been urged by former chairman Leslie Deans to seek an interdict preventing the new season from kicking off.

Any delay to the new campaign could affect the new £160m Sky deal. Jambos fans’ groups are willing to cover the likely £500,000 cost of taking the SPFL to court. But any such move will meet a fierce backlash from the SPFL and Budge’s fellow chairmen, who will then expect the SFA to intervene. Under the SFA articles of association rule 5.1c, clubs have agreed “all members shall recognise and submit to the jurisdiction of the Court of Arbitration for Sport as specified in the relevant provisions of the Fifa and the Uefa statutes”. 

That is a direct link to the worldwide football rules, which strictly prohibit clubs heading to local courts to resolve football-related disputes. Fifa’s own laws state “associations shall insert a clause in their statutes stipulating it is prohibited to take disputes to ordinary courts of law. “Such disputes shall be taken to an independent arbitration tribunal recognised under the rules of the association or confederation or to CAS.” Fifa also make it clear they expect governing bodies to “impose sanctions on any party that fails to respect this”.  Budge’s 14-14-14 plan for reconstruction will be discussed by Premiership clubs on Monday and then by the other leagues. But it is unlikely to gain sufficient support to save Hearts from relegation.

1 minute ago, The hustler said:

Budge must not back down.  Take the SFA to court as well if need be. We must remove the corruption within Scottish football’s governing bodies 

I wonder if Fifa have a whistle blower policy and whether this would offer Anne Budge protection from sanctions.

9 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I've said before the game's a bogey, now it really is a bogey.

We are irrelevant. Without a voice, without influence and that's how every other club wants it.

They don't want to hear our bad news, or any news from us for that matter. They don't want anyone rocking the boat, unless it's uncle Pete doing it.

The hatred shown eight years ago lives on. 

We just move on in spite of it.

Get used to it.

Yet mention starving these cunts of the blue pound by way of a full on boycott and possibly changing the narrative and you’ll be questioned by the misguided loyal supporters who believe our team need the backing of our support away from home? What’s the point when your not playing on a fair and level football field?  

sleekit pete will not give 2 fucks if every player in Scotland tested positive for covid-19,as he meets his end game,which will be the SC final in an empty fuckin stadium and fuck next season till this happens.
BUT!!!...HEY...the whole of football in this country fuckin deserve the shite they are served up from that slimy shower of bastards from the piggery.

10 hours ago, bluebovril said:

Is the vpn safe mate, I know of them but don't know enough about them 

I use Nord VPN and it's safe. It cost £90 for 3 years or there is monthly payment options. There's free VPN's such as Opera which are OK but can  buffer from time to time.

With Nord, I just open the app, choose a country, I pick France, Belgium or Holland as I find choosing countries closer to the UK works better,  sign into Rangers TV and watch the matches..

18 minutes ago, banjobear said:

I use Nord VPN and it's safe. It cost £90 for 3 years or there is monthly payment options. There's free VPN's such as Opera which are OK but can  buffer from time to time.

With Nord, I just open the app, choose a country, I pick France, Belgium or Holland as I find choosing countries closer to the UK works better,  sign into Rangers TV and watch the matches..

GSG4rRA8Fokgw

Coupon code above gives 15% off the 3 year deal 👍

7 hours ago, EverestGers said:

Yet mention starving these cunts of the blue pound by way of a full on boycott and possibly changing the narrative and you’ll be questioned by the misguided loyal supporters who believe our team need the backing of our support away from home? What’s the point when your not playing on a fair and level football field?  

They were ‘starved of the blue pound’ for a few years and it made fuck all difference. Why would it now?

10 hours ago, British_Empire said:

The best thing is, Rangers know this fine well (regards the VPN) and will be quite happy with fans making their arrangements - they obviously just can't come out and say it or promote doing it.

Rangers have blocked VPNs from accessing Rangers TV.

1 minute ago, banjobear said:

When did this happen mate?

It'd been going on for at least  a few weeks before the games were suspended after it was 'upgraded'. I'd sometimes use it if I was working at games elsewhere

Archived