SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It'd been going on for at least  a few weeks before the games were suspended after it was 'upgraded'. I'd sometimes use it if I was working at games elsewhere

I watched the Ross County match  the week before the league was suspended. I remember there being issues with the upgrade where the username was replaced by the registered email when logging in, but that was weeks before. There was one match after the upgrade where nobody could access , even those genuinely abroad,  but it was resolved 5 or 10 minutes into the match.  Before the  upgrade you could turn off the VPN once you'd accessed the match, after the upgrade you had to leave  it on.

I don't think  RTV could ban VPN's . It can block country IP addresses like the UK and Ireland, but when using a VPN  and choosing say France, your IP address will be French.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, banjobear said:

I watched the Ross County match  the week before the league was suspended. I remember there being issues with the upgrade where the username was replaced by the registered email when logging in, but that was weeks before. There was one match after the upgrade where nobody could access , even those genuinely abroad,  but it was resolved 5 or 10 minutes into the match.  Before the  upgrade you could turn off the VPN once you'd accessed the match, after the upgrade you had to leave  it on.

I don't think  RTV could ban VPN's . It can block country IP addresses like the UK and Ireland, but when using a VPN  and choosing say France, your IP address will be French.

There's been loads of folk unable to get on whatsover for live games using VPN since. Briefly buffers then black screen and 'not available message.' The thing with VPNs is they tend to use a cluster of similar (or identical) addresses. Once those are  identified, they are blocked - meaning anyone trying to access from that IP address is hit.

14 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Feel we have an open goal the night but we have done what we have done best the last few years and shat the bed.

Absolutely no need for the season to have been called. Teams back training 11th of June finish season from the 2nd week in July to beginning of August with games every 3 days in empty stadiums you could work it out so a game is on every day of the week have the season finished for the first week in August. Restart next season in September ditch the Cups for 1 season. 

Ditching the League cup is a must for me ,With a cup final scheduled for November its looking likely that the whole competition would be behind closed doors and a possibility that lower league teams won’t start till at least November anyway ,

Scottish cup would hopefully be fine ,

The vote to end the season early was driven  though we all know it ,So much vital info was held back from the clubs there is no way any sensible practical plans would have ever been allowed near the table ,We are now in a situation where calling the season early has forced a difficult situation 

Lieswell forced an early finish behind the scenes now he is forcing an “early “ restart in full public show ,This waste of DNA really is fucking things up for all apart from his own team and should be nowhere near any decision making for the game in this country 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's been loads of folk unable to get on whatsover for live games using VPN since. Briefly buffers then black screen and 'not available message.' The thing with VPNs is they tend to use a cluster of similar (or identical) addresses. Once those are  identified, they are blocked - meaning anyone trying to access from that IP address is hit.

That makes sense. Maybe it depends on which VPN is being used. I've had no issues with Nord other than sometimes changing the country to get a better stream.

I'd imagine there are many other southern based bears who pay for the full package to access the matches. If RTV block them they'll lose a fair chunk of income.

58 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Every bear should do something like this . Don't give Sky a penny of your hard earned

Would the reasoning behind a Sky t.v boycott be to stop the power Lawwell has over Scottish football via the SPFL t.v deal?

On Monday my annual subscription to RTV is due. Living where I do I have no need of a VPN.

For those that do Nord is an excellent option. They do not use the block method of IP addresses that free VPNs tend to do that are easily blocked. I use Nord for Netflix. The Canadian version has only a fraction of the US one. Much more choice so streaming Netflix through Nord makes sense for me and I have never had a problem with it.

I am sure that if it defeats the Netflix software then it will beat whatever RTV have in place. That said RTV is excellent value. All home and away games included plus lots of other material. Dollar for dollar a much better option than something like Sky.

23 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I read this study which shows how tv sponsorship as shape Scottish football and where the power lies.

https://www.napier.ac.uk/~/media/worktribe/output-168246/reframing-scottish-football-strategy-and-the-short-term-nature-of-the-football-industry.pdf 

Feel free to provide a synopsis 🤣

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Feel free to provide a synopsis 🤣

Basically the SPFL business model relies heavily on t.v sponsorship and the person/s in charge of getting the t.v. deal holds the power the SPFL has, because without tv money it is not a sustainable business.

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Basically the SPFL business model relies heavily on t.v sponsorship and the person/s in charge of getting the t.v. deal holds the power the SPFL has, because without tv money it is not a sustainable business.

The link's 200 plus pages in a nutshell 👍😁

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The link's 200 plus pages in a nutshell 👍😁

Yep, It also helps me to understand why a Sky boycott could be seen to be effective in removing Lawwell depending on his involvement with the tv deal.

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Would the reasoning behind a Sky t.v boycott be to stop the power Lawwell has over Scottish football via the SPFL t.v deal?

Not sure but I despise Sky . They have their paws in all of this , no doubts . When they gave the scum an apology last year. That was when we should all have realised .Bearing in mind , this club cover up child abuse . Sky at the top are shaking hands with Doncaster and Liewell over things

Just my unsubstantiated opinion but I believe that Liewell and Doncaster work together to make sure that both of them get their substantial annual bonuses - greed and not ideology is where they find common ground.  

As any tv detective will tell you just follow the money to get to the guilty party. Doncaster is by far the weaker link and the last thing the mafia want is to see him replaced by someone they cannot control.

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Just my unsubstantiated opinion but I believe that Liewell and Doncaster work together to make sure that both of them get their substantial ANAL bonuses - greed and not ideology is where they find common ground.  

As any tv detective will tell you just follow the money to get to the guilty party. Doncaster is by far the weaker link and the last thing the mafia want is to see him replaced by someone they cannot control.

Sorted that for you 😀

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

More spfl bullying

SPFL getting SFA to do the bullying for them this time 

What a shit show ,You get fucked over but you dare not try and defend yourself because they will just fuck you over again 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

More spfl bullying

Well maybe that is where we should team up with Hearts . Fuck the SPFL . Grow a set of balls . 2 of the biggest clubs in the land, being bullied around by a cabal of bheastly loving corruption

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Well maybe that is where we should team up with Hearts . Fuck the SPFL . Grow a set of balls . 2 of the biggest clubs in the land, being bullied around by a cabal of bheastly loving corruption

No chance it comes ro that mate I think it's all part of the game. Heart's will get compo if recon2 fails.

Wee chucky doesn't have the backbone to take them on

Archived