SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

Any other CEO in the history of business (apart from probably Enron or Worldcom) would have been sacked by now on sheer incompetence alone.

A league with Rangers and celtic in it not to mention Steven Gerrard and we can’t get a fucking sponsor. 

Now it turns out calling the SPFL early will cost us millions.

Jesus fuck!!!!!

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

Well he delivered 100% for Big Pete and ra sellick.

So big bonus for 'daeing as he is telt' is a stick on.

He will soon be hiding behind the excuse that he didn’t call the season ,the clubs voted on it ,

The fact he forced through a vote with key information missing will get lost ,again 

9 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Any other CEO in the history of business (apart from probably Enron or Worldcom) would have been sacked by now on sheer incompetence alone.

A league with Rangers and celtic in it not to mention Steven Gerrard and we can’t get a fucking sponsor. 

Jesus fuck!!!!!

Unfortunately this is Scotland where others clubs choose to bury their heads and let this clown continue running the game into the ground. 

They'll also likely applaud him for it. 

So....

Sky get the league sponsorship naming rights and £1.5m paid back over 5 seasons....

BT get £4.5m paid back in one lump sum from this seasons pot.....

Doncaster gets a big % of his bonus......

Hearts, Partick and Stranraer get compensation payments....

But hey! Let's announce we've done a deal with Sky that now means clubs can charge season ticket holders more money over above their season ticket price to watch the home games on tv.....

Nothing to see here guys. Everything is perfect....:pipe:

17 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So....

Sky get the league sponsorship naming rights and £1.5m paid back over 5 seasons....

But hey! Let's announce we've done a deal with Sky that now means clubs can charge season ticket holders more money over above their season ticket price to watch the home games on tv.....

Giving the tarriers that worthless title didn’t half cost everybody a good few quid 

Could have covered the cost of testing players to complete the season and the cost of the much needed VAR 

but no need to change something that’s working well for lieswell 

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

Jesus fuck!!!!!

We should be jumping on this but we have shat the bed again. 

25 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So....

I won’t be paying anymore than I have for my ST mate.  

1 minute ago, cascadeshrimp said:

No chance that RTV can handle that sort of demand

It's dodgey as fuck at the best of times

A bought it for the UFA game a couple years back and ended up watching it on a dodgy site. 

So fans are having to pay twice to watch their team? once via their season tickets that they can't access the stadium with, then again for a stream of said game?

Why is this not being provided, for free, to season ticket holders? you could easily assign subscriptions linked to season ticket details to ensure people who have paid will get what they've paid for.

Or is that what's happening?

1 minute ago, DMax399 said:

I won’t be paying anymore than I have for my ST mate.  

If Rangers plan on charging us more ( I have paid 1 of 4 instalments for my ST) they can forget about the last 3 instalments. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

So fans are having to pay twice to watch their team? once via their season tickets that they can't access the stadium with, then again for a stream of said game?

Why is this not being provided, for free, to season ticket holders? you could easily assign subscriptions linked to season ticket details to ensure people who have paid will get what they've paid for.

Or is that what's happening?

Rangers haven't said anything yet I reckon it will happen if you have paid for a ST you will get to watch the games for nothing, if not folk will go nuts and rightly so. We would just be taking the piss now. 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

If Rangers plan on charging us more ( I have paid 1 of 4 instalments for my ST) they can forget about the last 3 instalments. 

I’m doing the same mate.  As I said, as far as I’m concerned my ST entitles me to watch the home games.  If the league and Sky have come up with this deal to show games then fine,  but I’m not paying the club anymore to watch it.  Although the clubs match day takings for BCD games will be reduced, so will their costs.  Let’s see what comes out before the next payment is due at the end of June.

They told us n&v was not feasible because we would owe the broadcasters millions and by ending the season early, Doncaster has now confirmed a rebate is to be paid to Sky.

They downright refused to look at Rangers proposal and all of the other clubs naively bought it.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Can’t believe the TV deal is worth even less than before and the clubs in this country are happy with that. Absolutely amazing. 

I want at least 10 clubs to go under, including Hearts

The lack of business acumen and ambition from the business people running out clubs is staggering. 

You wonder how they make any money at all.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

They told us n&v was not feasible because we would owe the broadcasters millions and by ending the season early, Doncaster has now confirmed a rebate is to be paid to Sky.

They downright refused to look at Rangers proposal and all of the other clubs naively bought it.

The whole thing was a stitch up from start to finish. 

That nauseating statement from Sky clearly has Liewell all over it.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If I remember rightly they said clubs would go under if the SPFL proposal wasn't accepted. No mention from them of a £10 mill liability or giving the naming rights away for nothing.

It smacks of people using Covid-19 to line their own pockets while others suffer. That doesn't sit right with me. 

I think with regards to your second point, some clubs will immediately vote down a proposal just because of the fact it comes from Rangers. 

Scottish football will hate itself to death, ably assisted by the SPFL and celtic. They'll make a few quid though, so all good for them.

Archived