SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

At this point mate I wouldn't put anything past clubs in Scotland. The same premiership clubs were quite happy to vote through the last set of proposals that left us with a reduced pot. 

I honestly wouldn't put past them voting this through as well. Doncaster will throw some other scraps their way. 

Theres no scraps left to throw their way. The pot is going to be dry by Christmas even without keeping Hearts up and promoting ICT.

Sky now saying clubs can't sell the home game streams means there is no extra revenue coming in either.

I do get what your saying but they voted on the last proposals without a single shread of questioning about the pot. Now the time has come where clubs have found out exactly what they are getting and it isn't much...

Just now, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

At what point don't you grasp the fact that 'making a donation to Rangers for the amount you would have given Sky' is in fact 'giving money to Rangers'

Why would you be giving it to Sky? Give it to Rangers directly. 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Sky ain't the issue, its Doncaster and Lawwell.

Sky aren't "trying" to call the shots, they technically are now. Doncaster and Lawwell have given the entire game to them.

Iv practically just posted the same, spot on👍 

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

I may be wrong but aren't BT due money as well ? That will surely further reduce next seasons pot.

As I read it it's Sky who are placing the cap on the number of viewers for their service. Nothing to do with RTV. 

Doncaster hasn't got the balls to come out and say that yet, along with how there is no sponsorship money either.

Clubs can use their own streaming service without paying extra or pay Sky to stream it for them if they don't have the facility to. The club will use their own and not charge the season ticket holders extra.

28 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

From the BBC just now. Smacks of desperation from Doncaster possibly to avoid Hearts taking legal action? Talk about painting yourself into a corner.... Pathetic!!

The SPFL has asked clubs if they would back a 14-team Scottish Premiership for next season and, if not, how might their objections be overcome.

In a letter to clubs in the top two tiers, chief executive Neil Doncaster queried if enlarging the Premiership for five years would be more palatable.

He also asked clubs what other factors should be taken into account around league reconstruction.

Responses have been requested by 17:00 BST on Friday.

Doncaster is also expected to ask similar questions of clubs in Leagues One and Two following their divisional meetings on Wednesday.

The letter comes after talks early this week over Hearts owner Ann Budge's reconstruction proposal.

Budge had suggested a change for two seasons to replace the current 12-10-10-10 configuration - one which would mean Hearts would avoid relegation.

It would also lead to Championship runners-up Inverness Caledonian Thistle being promoted.

It has since been clarified that Budge's focus is on a 14-team top tier, with the lower league clubs agreeing on whatever configuration suits them.

Hearts were condemned to the Scottish Championship in May after the top flight was curtailed.

Before that was confirmed, Budge co-chaired a reconstruction task force which was abandoned when several Premiership clubs intimated that they would not support a 14-team top flight.

Dundee will be the last to respond to this. 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Doncaster hasn't got the balls to come out and say that yet, along with how there is no sponsorship money either.

Clubs can use their own streaming service without paying extra or pay Sky to stream it for them if they don't have the facility to. The club will use their own and not charge the season ticket holders extra.

That's how I understand it as well. People like me are covered for the year, others will be able to watch on a game by game basis and ST holders get it for free.

Sounds fair to me.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Why would you be giving it to Sky? Give it to Rangers directly. 

I thought that you had a modicum of intelligence, you have missed my point completely in your quest for sensationalism.

Instead of trying to provoke arguments and or 'contentious debate' with those who are trying to hit back at organisations who only care about our 'blue pound,' why don't you use your 'special' skills to expose the corruption of those around us who are trying their best to make the league a 'one horse race'

Or are you content just to take the 'half crown'?

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

That's how I understand it as well. People like me are covered for the year, others will be able to watch on a game by game basis and ST holders get it for free.

Sounds fair to me.

Others won't be able to watch it on a game by game basis. It's for ST only.

37 minutes ago, B1872 said:

In the final phase of specky and the Jap's plan now.

Dungcaster still hasn’t learned lessons from recent events regarding giving clubs suitable time to respond it seems.  I read he has written to clubs asking them to tell him what would make reconstruction more palatable.  Responses due by Friday.

They really are amateurish in their business approach.

You simply cannot trust him or any of his cronies.

11 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I may be wrong but aren't BT due money as well ? That will surely further reduce next seasons pot.

As I read it it's Sky who are placing the cap on the number of viewers for their service. Nothing to do with RTV. 

I read they a payment of £4.5m has or will need to be paid this season to BT.  That is from this seasons pot I think...

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Others won't be able to watch it on a game by game basis. It's for ST only.

I am talking about RTV only. We have always sold match day tickets and I see no mention of a change. Merely that ST holders get it for free.

2 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

I thought that you had a modicum of intelligence, you have missed my point completely in your quest for sensationalism.

Instead of trying to provoke arguments and or 'contentious debate' with those who are trying to hit back at organisations who only care about our 'blue pound,' why don't you use your 'special' skills to expose the corruption of those around us who are trying their best to make the league a 'one horse race'

Or are you content just to take the 'half crown'?

Not trying to provoke anything. Just pointing out that rather than giving your money to folk who are making money off Rangers (with Rangers getting NOTHING in return) you should give it directly to Rangers. 

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I am talking about RTV only. We have always sold match day tickets and I see no mention of a change. Merely that ST holders get it for free.

Sky have specifically said it's only ST holders that can watch the games live. You can still do the whole VPN to access RTV matches the usually way but there will be no additional view sales for this country.

Not trying to provoke anything. Just pointing out that rather than giving your money to folk who are making money off Rangers (with Rangers getting NOTHING in return) you should give it directly to Rangers. 

I refer to my previous post of giving Rangers a donation to the same amount of what you would give Sky.

4 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

I read they a payment of £4.5m has or will need to be paid this season to BT.  That is from this seasons pot I think...

Today it has been spun that the Sky deal is great news. It is not. Pay them back over 5 years or so is the deal.

I have no idea about what happens with BT. I just thought it a point worth putting out as it's something the mafia have failed to mention.

2 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

I refer to my previous post of giving Rangers a donation to the same amount of what you would give Sky.

Or give Rangers the full amount. I'm not sure what part you seem to be struggling with here tbh.

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Glad we’re doing it through Rtv and Sky/SPFL won’t receive anything 

Don't think Sky aren't receiving something from the club for allowing them to stream the games to ST holders using their own platform. Sky don't give away anything for nothing.

Or give Rangers the full amount. I'm not sure what part you seem to be struggling with here tbh.

I am not struggling with anything, make a donation to Rangers for the same amount that you would give Sky - simple. Surely I don't need to spell it out any further?

If you cannot grasp that concept then 'enjoy your night'

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

How do you go about giving this donation ? Do you set up a dd with the ticket office ?

Now that is a good point , practical and not contentious, I honestly don't know Bro but if it was me I would contact Govanblue who may be able to point me in the right direction.

Just now, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

I am not struggling with anything, make a donation to Rangers for the same amount that you would give Sky - simple. Surely I don't need to spell it out any further?

If you cannot grasp that concept then 'enjoy your night'

Wasting your time, mate.

He’s a troll, nothing more who gets his kicks pissing off Rangers supporters.

Archived