SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Don't beg tho mate stand up and fight do whatever needs done to save your club if that's the best they've got just turn the lights out.

Asking club's to put aside sporting rivalry etc give me strength.

Let's also remember if this wasn't them facing relegation they'd probably reject reconstruction to.

The problem isn't the club's its the spfl executive.

My advice shut the fuck up get yourselves a lawyer and see them in court

Not read it mate.

Thistle statement. Pretty feeble tbh.

Board Update – 13th June 2020

Saturday 13th June, 2020 at 12:30pm

“We have kept our counsel during current discussions and debate about reconstruction. It may prove to be the ultimate exercise in futility but this may be our last opportunity to speak out.

“If there is no change to the current set up, Partick Thistle will be the Scottish club hardest hit in professional football as the new season starts.

“Despite being relegated in an arbitrary fashion – with a game in hand and only two points behind our nearest rivals – we stand ready, willing and able to play, including behind closed doors. But today, we still don’t know when or even if we will play football next season.

“Does anyone in Scottish football believe we deserve to be punished with a double whammy like this? Which club would find it acceptable if they were in our shoes? Not one of them.

“Clubs need to think carefully about what their indicative vote to the SPFL will be on Monday and what will inform that decision. Everyone needs to reflect on their motives and thoughts behind their next step.

“Let’s be blunt in our plea to fellow clubs so that there’s no misunderstanding. Use this opportunity to do something positive for our game – right the wrongs done to us and a number of other clubs.

“We all want to protect our own club; Thistle is no different. But there’s a difference between that and self-interest, which seeks to protect a perceived advantage created by an unforeseen crisis.

“Don’t use your vote to settle old scores. Don’t reinforce rivalries between clubs just to keep fans happy. Don’t turn a blind eye because it doesn’t impact on you – this time.

“Recognise there will be far-reaching consequences of your actions for Thistle and everyone associated with the club. If that doesn’t matter to you, then focus on doing the right thing for Scottish football. If this vote collapses because people cannot set aside self-interest and ego, our game potentially faces irreparable damage and ongoing division for many years to come.

“At a time unparalleled in footballing history, countries throughout Europe have re-jigged their league set ups to protect the whole – we have the opportunity to do the same.

“For Thistle, if proposed reconstruction fails, the consequences of the actions visited on us by fellow clubs will be long term and serious. We will prevail because “that which does not kill us makes us stronger” but not before we suffer more pain and financial harm than is necessary or fair.

“We believe it is time for clubs to show solidarity with us as we arbitrarily and disproportionately bear the brunt of the damage being done to our game due to circumstances that are no-one’s fault.

“Our plea is simple: choose to do no harm.”

Chairman Jacqui Low on behalf of the Board of Partick Thistle FC

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not read it mate.

We have kept our counsel during current discussions and debate about reconstruction. It may prove to be the ultimate exercise in futility but this may be our last opportunity to speak out.

“If there is no change to the current set up, Partick Thistle will be the Scottish club hardest hit in professional football as the new season starts.

“Despite being relegated in an arbitrary fashion – with a game in hand and only two points behind our nearest rivals – we stand ready, willing and able to play, including behind closed doors. But today, we still don’t know when or even if we will play football next season.

“Does anyone in Scottish football believe we deserve to be punished with a double whammy like this? Which club would find it acceptable if they were in our shoes? Not one of them.

“Clubs need to think carefully about what their indicative vote to the SPFL will be on Monday and what will inform that decision. Everyone needs to reflect on their motives and thoughts behind their next step.

“Let’s be blunt in our plea to fellow clubs so that there’s no misunderstanding. Use this opportunity to do something positive for our game – right the wrongs done to us and a number of other clubs.

“We all want to protect our own club; Thistle is no different. But there’s a difference between that and self-interest, which seeks to protect a perceived advantage created by an unforeseen crisis.

“Don’t use your vote to settle old scores. Don’t reinforce rivalries between clubs just to keep fans happy. Don’t turn a blind eye because it doesn’t impact on you – this time.

“Recognise there will be far-reaching consequences of your actions for Thistle and everyone associated with the club. If that doesn’t matter to you, then focus on doing the right thing for Scottish football. If this vote collapses because people cannot set aside self-interest and ego, our game potentially faces irreparable damage and ongoing division for many years to come.

“At a time unparalleled in footballing history, countries throughout Europe have re-jigged their league set ups to protect the whole – we have the opportunity to do the same.

“For Thistle, if proposed reconstruction fails, the consequences of the actions visited on us by fellow clubs will be long term and serious. We will prevail because “that which does not kill us makes us stronger” but not before we suffer more pain and financial harm than is necessary or fair.

“We believe it is time for clubs to show solidarity with us as we arbitrarily and disproportionately bear the brunt of the damage being done to our game due to circumstances that are no-one’s fault.

Got to love plastic whistle now telling everyone no one's to blame for this. 6weeks ago they were threatening legal action against the spfl ffs some climb down that.

If they aren't willing to fight the spfl in a court they deserve everything they get

If I was a partick fan I'd be raging at that statement that weak a shit

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Got to love plastic whistle now telling everyone no one's to blame for this. 6weeks ago they were threatening legal action against the spfl ffs some climb down that.

If they aren't willing to fight the spfl in a court they deserve everything they get

To be fair Kirk .It isn’t any more appeasing than Rangers have been 

And they face maybe worse consequences 

A little late but there haven’t got the finances to go to court ..So maybe get why the begging bowl is out 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I agree that all the relegated clubs should take the SPFL to court, and I still hope that it happens.  

If reconstruction gets voted through and clubs are not relegated it then becomes the perfect crime by the SPFL.  Charade after charade to deal with the fallout of the original flawed resolution that ensured the title went to the filth.

Its actually so obvious, that I struggle to see why everyone can’t see it.

Just now, DMax399 said:

I agree that all the relegated clubs should take the SPFL to court, and I still hope that it happens.  

If reconstruction gets voted through and clubs are not relegated it then becomes the perfect crime by the SPFL.  Charade after charade to deal with the fallout of the original flawed resolution that ensured the title went to the filth.

Its actually so obvious, that I struggle to see why everyone can’t see it.

I actually think it will be voted through .Last minute 

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Quite possibly.  But if so, I’d love to hear the reasons from clubs who totally opposed the idea before.

What has changed. Or maybe the question should be, what have they been promised?

The whole thing from the resolution onwards reeks of underhand behaviour.

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Quite possible after a weekend of arm twisting. They cannot have their corruption exposed in court.

From the start it was a case of give mafia the title and we will deal with the fallout later. 

36 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We have kept our counsel during current discussions and debate about reconstruction. It may prove to be the ultimate exercise in futility but this may be our last opportunity to speak out.

8724975B-1CF2-4D1D-B999-BD688567751B.jpeg

24 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It wouldn't surprise me as the SPFL will want to avoid court at all costs.

I just see this being another fast tracked mess by the end.  League reconstruction should take time to put together. These idiots will want to put something together in a few weeks. 

14 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Thistle are a wee poofy mess of a club anyway, I hope they never recover

Fuck knows what happened to them ,the club still seems the same as it always was but their fans are just shite bag papes now ,they never used to bother me as they were always the mealy mouthed types who just didn’t have the balls to side with us or the tarriers ,But now they are just as bitter and twisted as any other set of fans when it comes to us ,Hearts fans the same ,maybe what’s happend to both clubs is some form of karma for backing the wrong horse over the last few years 

Archived