SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

9 hours ago, B1872 said:

Only good thing about this whole thing is Hearts dying.

At least they’ll have they 1000s of pages worth of Sevco posts to read through on their forum to pass the time at the weekend. 👍🏻

Harsh but fair.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as it’s confirmed there will be a  virtue signalling, sanctimonious statement released I’ll bet.   I’ll put money on

fake humble gratitude 

acknowledging the poor souls who are sick /dead

how they truly didn’t want the title to have to be ‘won’  in these terrible circumstances 

hope for a brighter future all pulling together 

and of course ‘the greatest fans in the world’ :drool:

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

As soon as it’s confirmed there will be a  virtue signalling, sanctimonious statement released I’ll bet.   I’ll put money on

fake humble gratitude 

how they truly didn’t want the title to have to be ‘won’  in these terrible circumstances 

Whatever it is I'll be ignoring it and giving zero fucks. Nothing would please them more than us raging about it, probably more than getting handed it.

41 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The only implications are in contractual terms or in European qualification.

The broadcasters have paid for more games than they’ve actually had so far so, technically, we owe them a rebate. Given the reason is a worldwide pandemic killing hundreds of thousands, it would not be good PR to sue the SPFL even if legally entitled. However, the key point is that we have not delivered our full number of games for them to broadcast. The reason is immaterial, despite what Doncaster and Liewell would have you believe.

European qualification is a mess. UEFA have sent out so many mixed messages that it’s hard to keep up. As it stands, an incomplete season (like the Dutch have done) is no impediment to qualification so we could easily follow suit. Had Rangers been top, we all know that’s what would have happened.

The lie that “Incomplete” (or the dreaded “Null And Void”) was a complete disaster and the nightmare scenario was put out early by both men, it was unchallenged and it has now become accepted as fact, even though there is no truth in it at all.

Once again, the lack of integrity in our press and media has failed us.

I'd agree.

And yet no one, not even ex Rangers players, bloggers, folk close to the club, even the club itself as far as we can tell are exploring or challenging it. It's always the generalisation about how damaging it is but never the detail of why ( particularly compared to PPG).

No one for or against us speaks about it, n&v is like a dirty secret. Its bizarre.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd agree.

And yet no one, not even ex Rangers players, bloggers, folk close to the club, even the club itself as far as we can tell are exploring or challenging it. It's always the generalisation about how damaging it is but never the detail of why ( particularly compared to PPG).

No one for or against us speaks about it, n&v is like a dirty secret. Its bizarre.

The leagues have been decided on by the majority. Null n void is gone. But I found an article about it, seems that the league would have to hand back alot more money than a ppg finish and the tarriers keep their chance of getting into the champions league next season, that's it....

Screenshot_20200515-092325_Samsung Internet.jpg

40 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Spfl talking about using 1 ground per area(ie west of Scotland) to host all games. So in spfl speak that means the paedodome.

Nah they wouldnt use that if it is behind closed doors.

It is too big so would cost too much when there are no fans.

The spfl will no doubt opt for Hamilton and have the entire season played on that utter joke of a plastic pitch.

10 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Sickening but expected 

What’s sickening is our own embarrassing results that people are conveniently ignoring now 

We took a combined total of ONE point against St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Hearts and Hamilton in the space of a few weeks which is ultimately our downfall.

Even 8/9 points out of those easy games and the SPFL wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on giving them the title.

1 minute ago, Parlaneloyal said:

Hampden Murrayfield Pittodrie

Would be McDiarmid instead of Pittodrie and Easter/Tynecastle instead of Murrayfield. Your right about Hampdump though.

Still think that'll be a no go. Too many teams using the same facilities all the time is a guaranteed infection disaster. 

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd agree.

To be fair, as a club, we’re better avoiding it. If we bring it up, then we’ll be swamped with “see, ah telt ye it wiz aw aboot sellick”.

The major failing is in our media where not one journalist has challenged the lie spun by Doncaster and Liewell. Although, to a certain extent, I can see why they would be reluctant as that would be seen as outing themselves as Sevco supporters.

In fact, if you actually think about it, they’ve played the same game they did over child abuse. They have seized the initiative, led the narrative from day one to the point where anyone challenging them is isolated and identified as point-scoring over children suffering (in the case of child abuse) or is only interested in stopping NIAR (null and void).

It is a tried and tested formula and, with a compliant SPFL board, they’ve deployed exactly the same, successful tactic again.

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The leagues have been decided on by the majority. Null n void is gone. But I found an article about it, seems that the league would have to hand back alot more money than a ppg finish and the tarriers keep their chance of getting into the champions league next season, that's it....

Don’t know where that’s from but the second CONS paragraph sounds like Doncaster or Liewell wrote it. Paid out to who? Who is going to sue because games can’t be played due to hundreds of thousands of deaths? And they’ll only sue if NullAndVoid but they won’t sue if the season is called early? And the payments are based on league placing so that matches played HAVE counted for something.

Scum supporter wrote that piece, mate.

53 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

fake humble gratitude 

Email will already be typed up as draft and ready to send.

53 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

fake humble gratitude 

Don't 😔

The best precedent was surely the Scottish Rugby Association's . 

Traditionally an association where sporting integrity and openness is paramount, they quickly concluded that from the 5 options possible, only 2 were viable.

Around  1/2 the clubs  chose null and "void" whilst around 1/4 chose the positions at the time option. It is also believed that there were no bullying tactics, impassioned speeches, or mysterious votes which were cast, got lost, then arrived late and had been changed.

Respect to the Scottish Rugby Authorities for realising the importance of making a quick decision and then completing it in a fair and prompt fashion. 

13 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Don’t know where that’s from but the second CONS paragraph sounds like Doncaster or Liewell wrote it. Paid out to who? Who is going to sue because games can’t be played due to hundreds of thousands of deaths? And they’ll only sue if NullAndVoid but they won’t sue if the season is called early? And the payments are based on league placing so that matches played HAVE counted for something.

Scum supporter wrote that piece, mate.

Exactly. What commercial agreements would be breached? The whole world is on lock down practically. 

38 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

It may well be gone but it's never been explained why never an option. It's always woolly, generalised answers.

Even from the above angry folk and apparent meaningless games mean more than wrongfully relegating teams in an incomplete season?  League handouts couldnt have a new rule applied to cover this the same way PPG new rule was applied? European competition entrants, really? None of these are insurmoubtable with just a little effort.

It's a non starter as it's never been allowed to start. There still no detail as to why.

41 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The bit where they considered ending the season with the current standings, paying out against the current positions and ending the season without champion awards or relegations, and using the current positions to decide european places seems to be missing.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

fake humble gratitude 

These cunts will be celebrating it like they’ve won the champion league.

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

What’s sickening is our own embarrassing results that people are conveniently ignoring now 

We took a combined total of ONE point against St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Hearts and Hamilton in the space of a few weeks which is ultimately our downfall.

Even 8/9 points out of those easy games and the SPFL wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on giving them the title.

I’m not ignoring that mate I’ve said as much in other posts that after the winter break we were a shambles, doesn’t make the spfl handing their favourite team a title for an incomplete season any less sickening. Them winning or being handed a title under any circumstances is sickening.

13 minutes ago, B1872 said:

They will mate, thing is as much as they go on about 9 iar, put any spin on it they like but they only won 8iar (4 with no opposition) and were awarded the 9th. Regardless of them, press or pundits ignoring this fact, it is a fact that I personally will never get tired of reminding people about...

17 minutes ago, B1872 said:

And the lockdown restrictions that will inevitably be broken in doing so will be completely ignored by the entire country

7 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

They will mate, thing is as much as they go on about 9 iar, put any spin on it they like but they only won 8iar (4 with no opposition) and were awarded the 9th. Regardless of them, press or pundits ignoring this fact, it is a fact that I personally will never get tired of reminding people about...

Ditto.

I'll care not a jot when the ayebuttery and EBTsssss shit starts flying.  Fact will always be there, 4 with no opposition and 1 they never won.   

:boughy:

10 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

True winners and athletes wouldn't want something handed to them. 

But that's not who we're talking about so...

Exactly I'm expecting their classless manager and captain to be front and centre celebrating once it's confirmed. 

It's all they have cared about since lockdown went into effect. It's still sickens me that Lennon press conference and the no one is taking this from us line 🤢

Archived