SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm wondering more about the SFA underwriting loans. If a club was to go under, whose money does the SFA used to cover the loss?

They’ll use Scottish cup prize money for each club as security I would assume. Plus there’s other prize money from the SFA to the clubs that will be used 

How many votes has that been now that have failed? Oh that's right. All of them.

But of course the one that REALLY mattered got pushed through anyway via sheer corruption.

Funny.

All of these reconstruction resolutions are nothing more than delay tactics and smokescreens from the spfl. We are literally six weeks away from a new season. How the fuck are Hearts going to get their day in court during a pandemic before the season kicks off?

Dundee - deserve everything they get....

Season Ticket sales for the 2020/21 season have today been temporarily suspended.

The decision comes following today’s announcement from the SPFL that the Championship season for 2020/21 will be an abridged version.

The club are currently finalising amended pricing structures, refund details and working processes. A further update will be released this week.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Season Ticket sales for the 2020/21 season have today been temporarily suspended.

The decision comes following today’s announcement from the SPFL that the Championship season for 2020/21 will be an abridged version.

The club are currently finalising amended pricing structures, refund details and working processes. A further update will be released this week.

Only 27 games, starting off with them bcd. That'll hurt.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Actually have to laugh at them. What kind of deal did they cut for a yes vote. 

They have promoted their rivals losing their biggest gate, brought hearts who will be favourites into their league and reconstruction is now finished.  

Now a reduced season on top of that. 

What a deal that chairman has 😂

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They have promoted their rivals losing their biggest gate, brought hearts who will be favourites into their league and reconstruction is now finished.  

As long as the Dundee chairman’s “real” team got awarded a tainted title though, that’s what all this dog and pony show is about and nothing else!!!

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

To make it clear, what was the benefit to Dundee in changing your vote?

John Nelms:  We were in the worst position possible – we were in third place. There’s not much benefit one way or the other that we could get out of this. When people ask me that – I ask what do you think we could we have gotten out of this? So, the best thing we could possibly get out of this is a proper conversation about reconstruction. That might not benefit us in the short-term, but in the long-term, it would benefit Dundee FC and all of Scottish football. That, for me, was the best thing we could get out of this. Does that do anything for us right now? No. But we need to look at it in a much bigger, broader picture as opposed to: “What does it do for me right now?”

Hows that conversation looking now John? 😂

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've probably read that wrong but did Dundee start selling season tickets with Premier League prices, thinking that reconstruction would fire them into the top flight?

4 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I've said from the very start that reconstruction would happen and no-one would be relegated.

I even stated this was the fairest way for it to happen.

I did however say that no champions should be declared. 

Since champions were declared before the full quota of games scheduled for the season were completed, then they can go fuck themselves.

The votes will go through though, somehow.

To be honest, I'm done with football. The game up here is corrupt as fuck and the EPL is an overpriced joke.

I'm done with investing cash and emotion into a league set up and run for the benefit of one club.

Well you got fuck all correct then eh 😂

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I've probably read that wrong but did Dundee start selling season tickets with Premier League prices, thinking that reconstruction would fire them into the top flight?

Don't think so mate. Even a 14 team SPL would be the Arabs & ICT.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

They've started selling season tickets on the assumption it would be a full season, but it's now being reduced. Less games = cheaper season tickets, so they're now trying to refund those that have purchased and working out new price points.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

To make it clear, what was the benefit to Dundee in changing your vote?

John Nelms:  We were in the worst position possible – we were in third place. There’s not much benefit one way or the other that we could get out of this. When people ask me that – I ask what do you think we could we have gotten out of this? So, the best thing we could possibly get out of this is a proper conversation about reconstruction. That might not benefit us in the short-term, but in the long-term, it would benefit Dundee FC and all of Scottish football. That, for me, was the best thing we could get out of this. Does that do anything for us right now? No. But we need to look at it in a much bigger, broader picture as opposed to: “What does it do for me right now?”

Hows that conversation looking now John? 😂

That's actually hilarious. Looking like even more of a knob now! :lol:

Prospects of Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer being spared relegation appear dead after the vast majority of Scotland’s clubs indicated they would not support league reconstruction.

The Scottish Professional Football League have confirmed only 16 of the 42 teams were prepared to vote for a 14-10-10-10 format for next season.

SPFL officials held an indicative vote this morning to determine whether there was enough interest in altering the league structure. They say the response from all four divisions is not sufficent to progress to an official vote – thus confirming Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer are all relegated.

Additionally, next season’s Championship will involve only 27 games for each team instead of the normal 36. Clubs have agreed a start date of October 17 for the second tier.

Hearts, Partick and Stranraer will now consider their options but all three are prepared to take the matter to court. They perceive their relegations to be unfair after the 2019/20 camaign was ended preaturely due to coronavirus.

The league’s board put forward a proposal to expand the Premiership from 12 teams to 14 by reinstating Hearts and promoting Inverness Caledonian Thistle from the Championship.

As part of the plan, Partick would have been returned to the Championship and Stranraer restored to League One, with Lowland League winners Kelty Hearts and Highland League champions Brora Rangers invited to join League Two.

This would have required 11 of 12 Premiership clubs to vote in favour, with at least 17 from the Premiership and Championship combined. Overall, it would need 32 of the 42 SPFL clubs to agree.

However, that idea is now dead due to a lack of backing. Previous restructuring ideas from Hearts and Rangers also failed to garner enough appeal and the governing body are preparing to continue with the existing 12-10-10-10 set-up.

Neil Doncaster, the SPFL chief executive, commented: “In recent weeks, we’ve been consulting closely with our clubs regarding possible reconstruction and, based on the feedback we received, the board decided to ask all 42 clubs to give their views so that we could have absolute clarity, which we’ve achieved today.

“Whilst a number of clubs were in favour of a new divisional set-up, the support for it was insufficient and we will now move forward with a fixture programme for Season 2020/21 based on the current 12-10-10-10 structure.

“Due to the restrictions forced upon us by the coronavirus outbreak, the Championship clubs also voted overwhelmingly to play each other three times next season, rather than four, which enables a later start to the Championship league season.

“Now that we have a confirmed structure for next season, the SPFL’s fixturing team will begin work on the Premiership fixture list, which will start on the weekend of 1 August, and the Championship fixture list, which will start on the weekend of 17 October.”

The SPFL face a potential multi-million-pound compensation claim should Hearts, Partick and Stranraer opt for a civil court claim. Hearts are prepared to take legal action after being relegated prematurely when the season was ended due to the coronavirus shutdown.

Thistle and Stranraer are also angered by their enforced demotions, and claims for loss of income as a result of relegation from all three could total more than £6million.

So, out of todays shitshow;

1.  Doncaster's view "oh dear, how sad, never mind".   None of the hooha or "robust negotiating" that was needed for to coerce votes for cellick to be awarded the title then?  Not on this occasion?  Why not?

2.   Hearts will be relegated and be forced into a league that won't start until half-way through October, in all likelihood meaning Hearts squad is decimated as players look to move on and play elsewhere.

3.   Assuming still expected to play last seasons Scottish Cup semi-final with a decimated squad who in all likelihood won't  have played a competitive match before that game comes round.

4.  And get on with creating the Premier League fixture list.   Because that's what Liewell's demanded is most important....and don't forget, the game against Rangers at the piggery is to be put back...

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Suspect it’ll be around restriction on trade 

I take it from this that restriction of trade will only be a part of it..

”To our amazing fans we say that we cannot, and will not, sit idly by and watch the decisions made in the past few months further damage Heart of Midlothian Football Club. Thank you for fighting for us, now allow us to do the same for you"

Archived