SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

51 minutes ago, The hustler said:

Reconstruction has failed.

Resignation time for Doncaster surely.

Could be caught hanging out of peter liewell blacked up screaming "fuck the h**s" and he would still keep his job

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, British_Empire said:

Was with you right up until the end there.

Rangers could help the case for bringing this mob to it's knees a lot more by keeping pressure on, going nuclear where possible and basically keeping the fire lit.

Rangers have handled this apallingly IMO.

Any implosion from the SPFL will be from their own doing, not due to anything we've done.

Pretty obvious why we stopped. Very disappointing but obviously the board thought it was worth getting rid of res 12. 

Hearts could take them down though. The corruption will come out in court.

39 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

They did....but that was before they knew their season isn't going to start until October.

There’s no guarantee Thistle will have a season at this point. No start date for League 1 & 2 - and there’s a strong chance they’ll just be mothballed until next season as BCD doesn’t make any financial sense 

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Noice.... although that would be bad for us too though, wouldn’t it? 

Of course but much worse for them. They are no where near an financially sound as their fans say. They also have a big liability case looming large 

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Pretty obvious why we stopped. Very disappointing but obviously the board thought it was worth getting rid of res 12. 

Not for me mate.

I think now that people are in a good mood (due to their reconstruction collapsing) then people's mindsets are changing (yet again) and we are all sympathetic and happy towards Rangers again despite nothing changing at our end. 

Reconstruction was always going to fail, now the narrative is slowly changing back to "Rangers have played a blinder" again

No we've not.

I've seen this flip flopping loads of times, in these threads the past couple of months.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Was with you right up until the end there.

Rangers could help the case for bringing this mob to it's knees a lot more by keeping pressure on, going nuclear where possible and basically keeping the fire lit.

Rangers have handled this apallingly IMO.

Any implosion from the SPFL will be from their own doing, not due to anything we've done.

You may be right but then again, they have let Hearts do all the dirty work and sitting back watching it all play out.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

You may be right but then again, they have let Hearts do all the dirty work and sitting back watching it all play out.

I think that may be true, but it's nowhere near good enough. We should be forcing it and doing our bit too to ensure it and make extra sure.

Even out of principle, if nothing else.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Not for me mate.

I think now that people are in a good mood (due to their reconstruction collapsing) then people's mindsets are changing (yet again) and we are all sympathetic and happy towards Rangers again despite nothing changing at our end. 

Reconstruction was always going to fail, now the narrative is slowly changing back to "Rangers have played a blinder" again

No we've not.

I've seen this flip flopping loads of times, in these threads the past couple of months.

We had them on the canvas and let them get back up, the board have obviously been bought off with a few sweeteners imo ie the res 12 stuff

I'm not completely against the idea of the board assisting with legal costs by diverting what they had set aside for an independent enquiry.

If it does get to court then all the behind the scenes shenanigans and funny handshakes by Dodgy Pete and his cronies comes right under the microscope.

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I’d sacrifice a season in Europe if it meant they had no chance of champions league cash tbh, they need it more than we do and could earn a lot more than us. 

If it were true of course.

11 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Any court action could see Scotland’s clubs suspended from Europe for this season 

It’s only the SFA you ‘can’t’ take to court as far as I know. Don’t believe action against the SPFL would have any impact 

6 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Of course but much worse for them. They are no where near an financially sound as their fans say. They also have a big liability case looming large 

Would be much, much worse for us than them on a normal basis. Our investor base would have to dig extremely deep with no European football.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’s only the SFA you ‘can’t’ take to court as far as I know. Don’t believe action against the SPFL would have any impact 

Was that what people's main issues were with us, taking them to court in 2012 over the illegal transfer embargo?

I mind a few chairman at the time spitting feathers because we weren't meant to take the body to court - but did.

You'd think they'd know (legally) what sanctions they can put on their member clubs in that case.

I’m sure I read somewhere any leagues taking governing bodies to court could have clubs expelled, surely SPFL would fall under governing body? SPFL and SFA basically two cheeks of the same arse after all. 

Just now, British_Empire said:

Was that what people's main issues were with us, taking them to court in 2012 over the illegal transfer embargo?

I mind a few chairman at the time spitting feathers because we weren't meant to take the body to court - but did.

You'd think they'd know (legally) what sanctions they can put on their member clubs in that case.

From memory, aye. Would need to go back and check though

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

I’m sure I read somewhere any leagues taking governing bodies to court could have clubs expelled, surely SPFL would fall under governing body? SPFL and SFA basically two cheeks of the same arse after all. 

SFA are the official football association of Scotland as recognised by UEFA and you can only have one association 

7 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Dont think that is true. 

Res 12 is now dead as having being publicly stated by SFA. If we go for SPFL again they cant just resurrect res 12. 

Nah, I reckon res12 was always a load of shite and the lawyers did say the chance of hanging it on us were low. 

If hearts are going for them for the bottom of the league issue tho we should be going for them for the top of the league issue.  That may just be the final nail in the SPFL coffin.

The fact is we still have option of winning the league hence the champ league spot. SPFL have gifted that to the filth. 

Would be much, much worse for us than them on a normal basis. Our investor base would have to dig extremely deep with no European football.

Surely we aren’t counting on European football in our books though, it would be optimistic to expect us to come through the qualifiers every season

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Surely we aren’t counting on European football in our books though, it would be optimistic to expect us to come through the qualifiers every season

Of course we are. Where do think money for the likes of Kent & Hagi comes from?

Archived