• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Lance Armstrong of football.  rick roberts 2 days ago The Lance Armstrong of football. A common call from celtic fans desperate to try and overstate Rangers FC use of then-legal tax

...and entry to the lucrative Champions League... I've always suspected that the rush and process to get all this done, regardless of the consequences for others, has been the primary driving for

Posted Images

The judge hearing the Hearts/Thistle case attended a sectarian school in Hamilton as a child. Which made me fear for the outcome.

Closer inspection revealed that he has been a ST holder at Tynecastle for years. Which ought to mean that he is aware of the issues re football.

Possibly the best of a bad bunch as his loyalties must be conflicted.

Howsitgoing, HG5 and yermaw145 like this
20 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

All that with the audacity to add that the Scottish cup games from this season will need to be fitted into an already impossible schedule. 

Are they going to change the rules for the Scottish cup too because there’s no way hearts will be able to field a team of players that were already registered for last season. 

LiverpoolBlue and HG5 like this

They’ve already said they are gonna scrap the winter break. 

they should for one scrap last season Scottish cup and then suspended the betfred cup for next season that solves the issue. 

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Karma is them going bust. So there's a bit to go yet.

10% season ticket uptake is a start on that, tho.

And Jimmy Nichol is the first fall-guy. He just got let go.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

And Jimmy Nichol is the first fall-guy. He just got let go.

Nothing against Jimmy Nicol, but if he was a man of principle he'd have told them to ram it a couple months ago after the vote fiasco. 

I know he's not a millionaire footballer, he was around in the mid-80's so maybe I'm being harsh but I don't think whatever he earned at Dundee would be the difference between him being homeless and using food banks.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Karma is them going bust. So there's a bit to go yet.

10% season ticket uptake is a start on that, tho.

Dundee, at one time, were a well respected club in Scottish football. It's this chap Nelms that has dragged their name into the gutter. If he stuck by his guns are affirmed his vote was No then all would be well. Fact that he is a spineless twat is what will, forever, have ruined their name.

42 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Ironically this entire shitshow of getting the SC played to give them a chance to win an online treble which might mean scrapping the winter break might work out perfectly for us on the park

Agreed.

I think the fixture congestion puts Rangers at a disadvantage as we will need to play Europa league 19/20 The Scottish cup to a finish and the start of a new season in both.  They should wait until all clubs can play with fans before starting a new season, meanwhile clubs can finish the 19/20 season behind closed doors. Then when the 20/21 season starts they could extend the season until the competitions are finished. 

If clubs a struggling before the start of a new season then they can use the covid-19 money donated by Uefa and Anderson. I think our team will need Winter break to recoup unless we have enough players to be able to rotate the squad effectively to avoid burn out. 

Robmc1 likes this
27 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

That's a really good article and it does outline the similarities with the abuse of power from cfc, the press and the governing bodies. I'd like to see this info in a chart so it can be clearly seen how they have monopolised Scottish football. 

It would have been better for the Anderson guy to donate his money to the 30% who wanted an investigation so that they can do the ground work for a non corrupt break away league. When one business holds all the power, controls the narrative and influences the rules then the games a bogey.  

It’s actually sickening reading it ,highlights the situation that exists ,almost as sickening as when the tarriers start screaming unjust treatment because one of their players gets banned ,ban wasn’t worth the ink as the cunt was out injured anyway 

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed.

I think the fixture congestion puts Rangers at a disadvantage as we will need to play Europa league 19/20 The Scottish cup to a finish and the start of a new season in both.  They should wait until all clubs can play with fans before starting a new season, meanwhile clubs can finish the 19/20 season behind closed doors. Then when the 20/21 season starts they could extend the season until the competitions are finished. 

If clubs a struggling before the start of a new season then they can use the covid-19 money donated by Uefa and Anderson. I think our team will need Winter break to recoup unless we have enough players to be able to rotate the squad effectively to avoid burn out. 

I realise the financial lifeline along with prestige Europe brings, however this year I think all of the focus should centre on the championship, even the cup competitions could be played by a rotated squad. Don’t like loosing to anyone but think we need to go all out for 55 this season...