SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

The sports minister will just call liewell for his instructions.

I believe that he is one Joe Fitzpatrick.  I wonder which side of the fence he sits on with such a name...

1 hour ago, Drumloyal said:

They seem extremely desperate to avoid handing any documentation over.  Strange considering their shadowy deloitte "investigation" showed everything was above board. 

🤔

Agreed.  But, ignoring what they have been instructed to do will not make it go away.

Not meeting deadlines for production of the documents will not be looked upon favourably.  If the documents actually exist.

This is the same SPFL that had something like 15 sets of minutes unsigned according to our dossier.

The SPFL don’t strike me as an efficient organisation, unless you are the Compliance orifice issuing a notice of complaint against us.  In which case,  it is literally handled like shit off a shovel.

3 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Still no date for the tribunal to start

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-partick-thistle-left-dark-over-when-tribunal-will-take-place-2915369

Saw a tweet saying it is because Hearts/Thistle still have not received  the documentation they asked for. No idea how reliable that is but it sounds likely.

If the season starts .It will probably make this all easier to go away .The corrupt bastards are probably stalling as they have been doing for weeks since Hearts knew their fate 

4 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Agreed.  But, ignoring what they have been instructed to do will not make it go away.

Not meeting deadlines for production of the documents will not be looked upon favourably.  If the documents actually exist.

This is the same SPFL that had something like 15 sets of minutes unsigned according to our dossier.

The SPFL don’t strike me as an efficient organisation, unless you are the Compliance orifice issuing a notice of complaint against us.  In which case,  it is literally handled like shit off a shovel.

Never forget that the SPFL was formed to get their hands on our TV money. SFL should have got it but SPL would not. Broadcasters were much more interested in us in the bottom league.

1 hour ago, SteveEarle said:

What's the answer then? We've all debated this shambles for almost 1500 pages over all the threads. We all cling to the hope that something has to give. We've all said if we lose hope that any change will come we might as well pack it in and I'm sure most of us don't want to do that. I'm as frustrated as fuck that it all drags out and corrupt decision after corrupt decision gets exposed and highlighted and yet it all moves forward at a snails pace. We need to keep talking about it and highlighting it with the hope it changes but I do appreciate and understand the fear that we may end up wasting our breath.

The answer would be tearing everything down, the SPFL, the SFA, the lot and building properly from scratch. The SPFL is basically the SPL 2.0 which in itself was a very flawed organisation. The SFA haven't done a thing with Scottish Football for decades. 

Rip it all up and start afresh with an NFL style association with an independent commissioner who only has a term of say 5 years max. Only thing that should be voted for is a new commissioner. The commissioner rules overall but hires himself/herself 3 deputies who oversee financial, on field matters and off field matters but always the commissioner has rule. If the commissioner is doing a shit job then he can ousted by vote.

A total reconstruction of all leagues with a formation of say 2 professional leagues of 12/14 and 2 new regional leagues (east/west).

All just my opinion though and pure fairytale fantasy. Scottish football is fractured and fucked.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Never forget that the SPFL was formed to get their hands on our TV money. SFL should have got it but SPL would not. Broadcasters were much more interested in us in the bottom league.

And formed when we were only classed as an associate member or something like that. We had zero say in the formation  of the SPFL yet were giving them the most viewers hence more money in tv and sponsorship. 

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The answer would be tearing everything down, the SPFL, the SFA, the lot and building properly from scratch. The SPFL is basically the SPL 2.0 which in itself was a very flawed organisation. The SFA haven't done a thing with Scottish Football for decades. 

Rip it all up and start afresh with an NFL style association with an independent commissioner who only has a term of say 5 years max. Only thing that should be voted for is a new commissioner. The commissioner rules overall but hires himself/herself 3 deputies who oversee financial, on field matters and off field matters but always the commissioner has rule. If the commissioner is doing a shit job then he can ousted by vote.

A total reconstruction of all leagues with a formation of say 2 professional leagues of 12/14 and 2 new regional leagues (east/west).

All just my opinion though and pure fairytale fantasy. Scottish football is fractured and fucked.

Good points esquire but who oversees the demolition and rebuilding of the game when it appears we can't trust any fucker? It's scary shit to see where we've ended up. I agree with so many good posters on here in recognising the situation is a shambles but it my quieter moments I ask myself who sets the ball in motion for change? Who would/could you trust to oversee it. If the SPFL and SFA were rightly disbanded tomorrow who steps up to the plate and presents the blue print for the way forward??

8 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Good points esquire but who oversees the demolition and rebuilding of the game when it appears we can't trust any fucker? It's scary shit to see where we've ended up. I agree with so many good posters on here in recognising the situation is a shambles but it my quieter moments I ask myself who sets the ball in motion for change? Who would/could you trust to oversee it. If the SPFL and SFA were rightly disbanded tomorrow who steps up to the plate and presents the blue print for the way forward??

Fuck knows. And that's why it will stay the same. You've got 42 clubs who have an equal say in how the SPFL is run and an SFA who has power but not over the SPFL.

You would basically need to see an overwhelming majority of all club chiefs execs and chairman come to an agreement the entire setup needs torn down. Then hire a few experts like a Richard Scudamore and a Roger Goodell for a few months in the spring. People who know sports association setups and can setup an entire new setup here.

Again all fantasy stuff.

12 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Just because rebuilding will be difficult is no reason not to do it.

An independent commissioner with a fixed term who can be fired is ideal. No club shall have any influence in the new set up. Call it spfl2 or whatever.

But that still leaves the SFA to get the disinfectant treatment which would be much trickier.

7 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

An independent commissioner with a fixed term who can be fired is ideal. No club shall have any influence in the new set up. Call it spfl2 or whatever.

But that still leaves the SFA to get the disinfectant treatment which would be much trickier.

All clubs can withdraw their membership from the SFA and it will become an non-entity. UEFA would have to back it since it's the will of all clubs. Again you need all clubs to be pretty unanimous which is impossible right now.

11 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Absolutely mate!! I'm fully advocating it being rebuilt, I'm just asking who hires the independent commissioner? Not taking the piss, I do truly wonder because any faith I have in anything honest ever being done again in Scottish football, without the shadow of an ulterior motive hanging over it, has long gone after everything I've witnessed these last few months, truly!

11 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Absolutely mate!! I'm fully advocating it being rebuilt, I'm just asking who hires the independent commissioner? Not taking the piss, I do truly wonder because any faith I have in anything honest ever being done  again in Scottish football without the shadow of an ulterior motive has long gone after everything I've witnessed these last few months, truly!

I honestly don't know. I have not thought that far ahead.

Maybe a resolution to all clubs that the commissioners remit is to maximise the pot. That will get some on side. No board members from clubs - make it truly independent. That may win a few more. 

But none of this can start until a vote of no confidence has passed.

Just thinking off the top of my head.

8 hours ago, B1872 said:

They are so corrupt they’d still get away with it let’s be honest. If that fat mess Mulraney was a Rangers fan and he said “I hate they bastards” talking about celtic he would’ve been hounded out and sacked. We are an easy touch and it doesn’t seem to matter that these cunts openly hate us. That needs to change and we need parity in the governance of our game. 👍🏻

The other fenian fuck McLennan said it and it got him a job at the spfuckingl.
Really wish we could take one of these cunts to a court of law.
just once.

31 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Maybe a resolution to all clubs that the commissioners remit is to maximise the pot. That will get some on side. No board members from clubs - make it truly independent. That may win a few more. 

But none of this can start until a vote of no confidence has passed.

I appreciate that. I'm undoubtedly getting ahead of myself but when I do allow my thoughts to venture into the future it's very difficult for me to see a straightforward way ahead regardless. I will never give up hope though.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

But none of this can start under a vote of no confidence has passed.

At the wage of £380K plus an £80K bonus that the big tranny doncaster is stealing,plus what the sfa and the entourage are  thievin from scottish football,we could employ a whole independent honest upright team of people from any other country except this corrupt shite hole.   

4 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Still no date for the tribunal to start

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-partick-thistle-left-dark-over-when-tribunal-will-take-place-2915369

Saw a tweet saying it is because Hearts/Thistle still have not received  the documentation they asked for. No idea how reliable that is but it sounds likely.

Clusterfuck. :angrywillie:

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Lord Clark told them to press on with arbitration in a timely manner. Clearly, the spfl have no intention of doing so as it will mean handing over documents. The tribunal was supposed to be today but I guess they feel they are above the law. 

There is zero chance football starts on August 1st.

I think it will. They will find a way to have a vote, giving cash strapped clubs the right to determine whether league starts, and also taking initiative away from hom and pt.  Hearts and PT will need to be very brave and take the next step ie interdict. Hope I’ve got correct word. There WILL be behind the scene manoeuvres. We have a very devious and (friends in high places) enemy.

Just now, Domthenbud said:

I think it will. They will find a way to have a vote, giving cash strapped clubs the right to determine whether league starts, and also taking initiative away from hom and pt.  Hearts and PT will need to be very brave and take the next step ie interdict. Hope I’ve got correct word. There WILL be behind the scene manoeuvres. We have a very devious and (friends in high places) enemy.

I’m generally wrong. Hope the trend continues.

30 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

The other fenian fuck McLennan said it and it got him a job at the spfuckingl.
Really wish we could take one of these cunts to a court of law.
just once.

We need to start making examples of these tramps 

3 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

I take it there’s fuck all to report then, Thought I’d  just give this thread a wee bump before it fell off the page 😂

SFA and SPFL will be getting their attack all lined up before handing over any documentation. The fact Dundee have allegedly not hand a thing over either stinks.

Just now, esquire8 said:

SFA and SPFL will be getting their attack all lined up before handing over any documentation. The fact Dundee have allegedly not hand a thing over either stinks.

Surely Dundee not handing over documentation would be a contempt of court or does that only apply to SPFL ?

Just now, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Surely Dundee not handing over documentation would be a contempt of court or does that only apply to SPFL ?

They do have to hand it over but theres no timestamp on it. Only the SPFL promised to have it sorted before the start of the season.

Archived