SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think its fair to say the matter of the scum getting this last title is front and centre, possibly the only factor for consideration, in whether in your eyes the Board will be proven happy to be 2nd.

I see a wider picture than that, including different battle with the spfl, and dont see that scum title award as pivotal in our Board being happy or otherwise with anything.

I think it shows the importance the board places on Rangers competing for 1st position if they’re happy to allow a situation where the scum is gifted league titles. If it’s within the boards power to remove that title which if Hearts/Thistle avoid relegation then I believe it will then be within their power then they have a duty to enact that. Why wouldn’t they? 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I think it shows the importance the board places on Rangers competing for 1st position if they’re happy to allow a situation where the scum is gifted league titles. If it’s within the boards power to remove that title which if Hearts/Thistle avoid relegation then I believe it will then be within their power then they have a duty to enact that. Why wouldn’t they? 

Its about direct impact.

I absolutely get the indirect benefit of them being elected for entry into the CL and the riches that brings, but its still a different argument / competition

Even if Hearts avoid relegation they would still finish 12th place. Its the relegation that causes the financial duress, not the league position. Its the same at the top to an extent. Theoretically speaking, the scum getting promoted could place us in a postion where we lose out, them getting the title doesn't directly financially impact us other than the difference between the money awarded to clubs in 1st and 2nd position.

But obviously in the top league there's no promotion. There no one in a similar position to us. We're 2nd in a league without promotion, so imo legally we've got less to challenge on.

Morally and ethically we do, but thats then back to the key battle of getting certain personnel removed.

37 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Partially agree.

Hearts being relegated or not doesn't really matter. Its whether the spfl are found to be wrong in their conduct and decision making. This could still be the case if Hearts go down. The spfl being in the wrong is the crucial aspect for any future action.

Re compo,  that's because they will be financially affected by what has been established as being wrong. Ie relegated and suffering as a direct result. It all revolves around the one body and its competition, the spfl.

For us its similar but different. We'll get paid out as 2nd place, and lose a million or so that the top place spfl team gets. Thats with the spfl and its competition.

You're right that as an indirect result they get the opportunity to enter the CL, but thats where I think its more clouded as a legal challenge given its then a different body, invite, and competition. Its an effective consequence, not a direct result on the part of the spfl imo. Its messier.

I don't anticipate any challenge to the scum winning the league, nor access to the CL entry, but dont see that as any proof we accept 2nd. For me its about the fight to remove the spfl board charlatans who are transparent in their hatred of our club. Rid the game of them, we have more of a chance of things becoming fairer. Thats the battle I'm watching.

But all that is still only part of what the Board are doing to close the gap on the scum. Ignoring investments, commercial growth, transfer budgets, etc and focusing solely on this aspect is pretty much agenda driven imho.

Our board are not removing anyone. The SPFL  cabal are at their weakest moment, but the silence is defeaning from us.

There is no evidence of any campaign by us. "We will not be found wanting" has been found wanting! The only evidence of a campaign is against the fans as usual, in telling us we are not welcome. Us being far right racists of course 

We are not closing the gap with anyone, with the scum getting an easier run in the CL qualifiers. If they do qualify which is now more likely, the gap widens.

Simply wishful thinking, as the board's MO of appeasement continues to play out.

Easy to say ah but, we are. Keeping silent, playing a long game to remove the cabal. Prove we are not then. 

Load of shite.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its about direct impact.

I absolutely get the indirect benefit of them being elected for entry into the CL and the riches that brings, but its still a different argument / competition

Even if Hearts avoid relegation they would still finish 12th place. Its the relegation that causes the financial duress, not the league position. Its the same at the top to an extent. Theoretically speaking, the scum getting promoted could place us in a postion where we lose out, them getting the title doesn't directly financially impact us other than the difference between the money awarded to clubs in 1st and 2nd position.

But obviously in the top league there's no promotion. There no one in a similar position to us. We're 2nd in a league without promotion, so imo legally we've got less to challenge on.

Morally and ethically we do, but thats then back to the key battle of getting certain personnel removed.

See your point but your making too little of the champions league spot. If our challenge only brings the outcome where European football is cancelled for Scottish clubs then that’ll hurt them more than it’ll hurt us, maybe a race to the bottom but we need to take this fight on. What ever happens today, if it’s not null and void then it opens up further issue we need to take advantage of. 

23 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Also it depends on what the ruling is and what wrongdoing is established.

It seems part of the argument is about the articles of association and rules, and concerns members voting to cause harm to another member to that member's detriment and to their own benefit. That imo is more relative atvtge bottom end of tables than the top.

The arguments presented by Dundee Utd etc if they were denied promotion (they won't be) might be more relevant to us than what is due to be announced hopefully today.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

See your point but your making too little of the champions league spot. If our challenge only brings the outcome where European football is cancelled for Scottish clubs then that’ll hurt them more than it’ll hurt us, maybe a race to the bottom but we need to take this fight on. What ever happens today, if it’s not null and void then it opens up further issue we need to take advantage of. 

I'm not failing to see how important it is. I'm just not sure it can be part of a legal challenge. 

The authorities still get to put one team forward for CL football, its what they want, nothing will prevent them doing that.  I dont see how any court ruling or any body can deny the authorities puting forward teams for each European competition.

If it's the scum as faux champions, or as holding position 1 at time league ended, or as the last entrant as previous champions then its still the scum.   I would go as far as to say there's more logic in pushing to have their title removed than to argue about their entry to the CL. I'm just not sure theres a format for that until we see what comes of the judgement, and even then there might be little scope.

10 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The only advantage we will be taking is of the fans.

What will be, will be and none of influenced by what our board have or have not done.

Losing the will to live with all this shite.

I give not one fuck what happens to HoM or PT. If our board did have a spine, they would have spoke out on it. They didn't.

So it's all down to what we do on the field of play and to overcome the hurdles put in our way to hinder our progress on that score.

The board had the opportunity to win the PR war and challenge the cabal on the abuse of Alfie. They didn't. Silence and none of it dignified. Spineless is the hallmark of this board.

Just my opinion but if we were to move before the Hearts/Thistle case is over it would be just as inappropriate as the SFA charging those clubs when they did.

If they get reinstated then the season is marked as null and void or incomplete whatever.

If they get compensation and other clubs are looking at a much reduced pot then that's the time to strike with a call for a vote of no confidence.

25 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Our board are not removing anyone. The SPFL  cabal are at their weakest moment, but the silence is defeaning from us.

There is no evidence of any campaign by us. "We will not be found wanting" has been found wanting! The only evidence of a campaign is against the fans as usual, in telling us we are not welcome. Us being far right racists of course 

We are not closing the gap with anyone, with the scum getting an easier run in the CL qualifiers. If they do qualify which is now more likely, the gap widens.

Simply wishful thinking, as the board's MO of appeasement continues to play out.

Easy to say ah but, we are. Keeping silent, playing a long game to remove the cabal. Prove we are not then. 

Load of shite.

The scum run in the CL qualifiers has nothing to do with us or scottish football, I've no idea where you're going with that as some part of a greater conspiracy.

The deafening silence is perfectly acceptable, as soon as we stopped taking the lead things happened and they got taken to court.  I think we all await the findings and repercussions with interest. 

The blm, mygers, sports direct stuff. Folk that oppose the Board merge it all into one. You are, others do too. 

We couldn’t influence a Rangers hating cabal of clubs to accept a free independent investigation. Im not sure continuing shouting from the roof tops was going to have any great success.

The Board are far from faultless, havent found necessary answers, but folk suggesting they are happy to be 2nd best or not delivering on improving us are talking shite. Load of shite actually.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not failing to see how important it is. I'm just not sure it can be part of a legal challenge. 

The authorities still get to put one team forward for CL football, its what they want, nothing will prevent them doing that.  I dont see how any court ruling or any body can deny the authorities puting forward teams for each European competition.

If it's the scum as faux champions, or as holding position 1 at time league ended, or as the last entrant as previous champions then its still the scum.   I would go as far as to say there's more logic in pushing to have their title removed than to argue about their entry to the CL. I'm just not sure theres a format for that until we see what comes of the judgement, and even then there might be little scope.

UEFA have stated that failure to complete  the leagues could be detrimental to sporting integrity and result in them not being able to accept teams for participation in their competition. Rangers needs to force that issue. If Hearts/Thistle avoid relegation then the same result must happen at the top and their title must be removed. 

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Just my opinion but if we were to move before the Hearts/Thistle case is over it would be just as inappropriate as the SFA charging those clubs when they did.

If they get reinstated then the season is marked as null and void or incomplete whatever.

If they get compensation and other clubs are looking at a much reduced pot then that's the time to strike with a call for a vote of no confidence.

The only movement this board are making is when they take their face to the lavvy for a shite.

It's back to business as usual and preparing for the new season. Can't blame them for that and in their backing of Gerrard.

Our talking will be done on the park. Anything off it will be coincidental and not not by any covert concerted campaign to remove the cabal. We simply lack the will, needing a pair of coheenies as our MO shows, nor the financial might, nor the guile to take the cabal on.

We have been warned off and we shat it as usual.

All just wishful thinking.

Now time for football and bin this political intrigue. The cabal will remain and the competition hat our board wishes to participate in, remains corrupt to the core.

Our challenge remains on the park in gathering wins, because off it, there will no one will be protecting us. We can expect a few carefully worded but meaningless statements that will amount to nothing as usual. That is the extent of expectation in challenging the cabal.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

UEFA have stated that failure to complete  the leagues could be detrimental to sporting integrity and result in them not being able to accept teams for participation in their competition. Rangers needs to force that issue. If Hearts/Thistle avoid relegation then the same result must happen at the top and their title must be removed. 

They also mentioned teams being selected on sporting merit. Which football results merit puts us higher than the scum for a CL spot?

They've not said nations with unfulfilled leagues will be denied participation. That would be definitive.

The bottom / relegation really isn't the same as the top of the leagues for reasons I've given in previous posts. But concisely, spfl action wrongly allows detriment to relegated clubs in spfl competition, against spfl rules. Not the same with us at all, As wrong as it all is.

37 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

How do you figure that one out? 

45 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The scum run in the CL qualifiers has nothing to do with us or scottish football, I've no idea where you're going with that as some part of a greater conspiracy.

The deafening silence is perfectly acceptable, as soon as we stopped taking the lead things happened and they got taken to court.  I think we all await the findings and repercussions with interest. 

The blm, mygers, sports direct stuff. Folk that oppose the Board merge it all into one. You are, others do too. 

We couldn’t influence a Rangers hating cabal of clubs to accept a free independent investigation. Im not sure continuing shouting from the roof tops was going to have any great success.

The Board are far from faultless, havent found necessary answers, but folk suggesting they are happy to be 2nd best or not delivering on improving us are talking shite. Load of shite actually.

The only one shouting is you.

Fact. The board are spineless as their MO demonstrates. Fact, the cabal remain in power. Fact, we remain silent. Fact, there is no evidence we challenging or removing anyone.

The only speculation of this boards intentions and none of it evidential is coming from you.

The deafening silencing is the business as usual board MO, NOT some fucking covert action they are organising to bringing down the cabal ffs. If they are, great. If not, who gives a fuck, we're used to it.

There's more conspiracies in this thread than Hillary and Russiagate and it's the same conclusion. Show us the evidence! All made up shite to satisfy the objective in that this board are doing something.

Fact is, the scum are champions. Fact is, the scum are now getting easy passage in the CL that if comes to pass they are again in riches.

The challenge is, how the fuck we are going to stop them on the park, because this fantasy that we have some secret plan to take the cabal down and long term plan at that BTW :lol: is exactly that and will do nothing to stop the scum on the field of play.

The reality is, that all we can hope for is that Gerrard has the resources and the guile to take them down on the park. The rest is nothing more than the usual dog and pony show.

34 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The only one shouting is you.

Fact. The board are spineless as their MO demonstrates. Fact, the cabal remain in power. Fact, we remain silent. Fact, there is no evidence we challenging or removing anyone.

The only speculation of this boards intentions and none of it evidential is coming from you.

The deafening silencing is the business as usual board MO, NOT some fucking covert action they are organising to bringing down the cabal ffs. If they are, great. If not not, who gives a fuck, we're used to it.

There's more conspiracies in this thread than Hillary and Russiagate and it's the same conclusion. Show us the evidence! All made up shite to satisfy the objective in that this board are doing something.

Fact is, the scum are champions. Fact is, the scum are now getting easy passage in the CL that if comes to pass they are again in riches.

The challenge is, how the fuck we are going to stop them on the park, because this fantasy that we have some secret plan to take the cabal down and long term plan at that BTW :lol: is exactly that and will do nothing to stop the scum on the field of play.

The reality is, that all we can hope for is that Gerrard has the resources and the guile to take them down on the park. The rest is nothing more than the usual dog and pony show.

Shouting 😂😂😂

No progress when Rangers spoke out. Fact. Progress when Rangers quietened down. Fact. Is that how this game plays?

What are the Boards intentions I've mentioned? What evidence do you need from what I've alleged to Board are planning to do?

Re the scum and CL - even when you add FACT its is still no less conspiratorial than when you didn't type FACT, nor when you said last night it was conspiratorial 🙄.

Now if you want feel free to contribute to why a Board happy being perpetual runners up would invest personally offer to pay for investigations, compile the dossier, spend millions on transfers just to finish above the likes of the sheep, improve the commerciality etc. Because that's what was the basis of my early discussions (definitely not shouts). Fact. 😁

32 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

See the bullies are buddying up now. Just so it's clear to everyone else. And ofcourse this is just as chairmen of Alloa and Dunfermline, not the SFA intern president and SPFL board member......

Shows how divided the game is when it’s news that 2 diddy clubs become friends ,of course it’s no coincidence that these clubs have representatives at the top of the game 

Thought I hated the shite show of Scottish football but the hate for this corrupt mess gets bigger by the day 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Shows how divided the game is when it’s news that 2 diddy clubs become friends ,of course it’s no coincidence that these clubs have representatives at the top of the game 

Thought I hated the shite show of Scottish football but the hate for this corrupt mess gets bigger by the day 

Today could be a humdinger 😁

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Shouting 😂😂😂

No progress when Rangers spoke out. Fact. Progress when Rangers quietened down. Fact. Is that how this game plays?

What are the Boards intentions I've mentioned? What evidence do you need from what I've alleged to Board are planning to do?

Re the scum and CL - even when you add FACT its is still no less conspiratorial than when you didn't type FACT, nor when you said last night it was conspiratorial 🙄.

Now if you want feel free to contribute to why a Board happy being perpetual runners up would invest personally, spend millions on transfers just to finish above the likes of the sheep, improve the commerciality etc. Because that's what was the basis of my early discussions (definitely not shouts). Fact.

Conclusion. Still no evidence this board are doing anything. Fact.

I was not the one saying we look to be perpetual runners up, nor that I agreed with it. 

My only objective is to debunk this fanciful notion that this board are planning to take the cabal down, as there is simply no evidence to support it.

Fact is, that our resources ARE much less than our rival, so our challenge is greater on the field of play alone, so second is more probable than first.

That and the fact that we will again be up against it with officialdom and trial by pundit, which our board have done absolutely nothing about and never will, so yes, with that one, we could say we plan to settle for second.

Fact is, we are all right wing racists as called out by all comers, even by our board. Aye, this board is going to take down the cabal right enough! :lol:

47 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Monetary values involved in participation between the two different platforms in conjunction with the disparity of wage bills between the two different teams. 

Thats great if you ignore other income sources, cash at hand and access to credit etc. No Europe would be absolutely devastating to us financially. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Conclusion. Still no evidence this board are doing anything. Fact.

I was not the one saying we look to be perpetual runners up, nor that I agreed with it. 

My only objective is to debunk this fanciful notion that this board are planning to take the cabal down, as there is simply no evidence to support it.

Fact is, that our resources ARE much less than our rival, so our challenge is greater on the field of play alone, so second is more probable than first.

That and the fact that we will again be up against it with officialdom and trial by pundit, which our board have done absolutely nothing about and never will, so yes, with that one, we could say we plan to settle for second.

Fact is, we are all right wing racists as called out by all comers, even by our board. Aye, this board is going to take down the cabal right enough! :lol:

And I'm not the one making suggestions to what our Board are planning to do. Havent said nor shouted it. 😏

I agree 2nd is more likely than 1st. Resources make that a sensible assumption. I'm your man for dodgy refereeing contributing to this.  I'd love to see the Board comment but its unsurprising given the general attacks on Gerrard speaking out why they don't. Only charges would follow. Dossiers and offers to pay for independent investigations arent the actions of a disinterested Board though.

Your final point I'll take as tongue in cheek to attempt to support a pov re the Board. I mean, othwrwise you'd be able to document how "we are all right wing racists as called out by all corners, even by our board".  And that id love to see.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thats great if you ignore other income sources, cash at hand and access to credit etc. No Europe would be absolutely devastating to us financially. 

Undoubtedly no Europe would impact us however celtic’s monthly reported outgoings far exceed our own. Their whole financial  structure seems to be around CL football both for the revenue and exposure of their playing staff for sell on value etc. No Europe for them and instead of strengthening this season I think they’ll be offloading to balance their books and reduce the wage bill. As for credit as far is I am aware they already owe a substantial sum and reportedly have their assets as security already. Their board seem to be all about making money whereas our own (love them or hate them) seem to have a love of the club and have kept us afloat financially as we start to turn the corner of re-emerging from the dark period we have suffered. Conclusion, lack of Europe would be bad for us but I think it would utterly devastate them... 

Archived