SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

Undoubtedly no Europe would impact us however celtic’s monthly reported outgoings far exceed our own. Their whole financial  structure seems to be around CL football both for the revenue and exposure of their playing staff for sell on value etc. No Europe for them and instead of strengthening this season I think they’ll be offloading to balance their books and reduce the wage bill. As for credit as far is I am aware they already owe a substantial sum and reportedly have their assets as security already. Their board seem to be all about making money whereas our own (love them or hate them) seem to have a love of the club and have kept us afloat financially as we start to turn the corner of re-emerging from the dark period we have suffered. Conclusion, lack of Europe would be bad for us but I think it would utterly devastate them... 

As does their income, cash at hand and credit access. 

Do you think if we had no Europe we wouldn't be looking to balance the books and reduce the wage bill?

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

As does their income, cash at hand and credit access. 

Do you think if we had no Europe we wouldn't be looking to balance the books and reduce the wage bill?

What is their income and where does it come from, retail, season tickets sponsorship. We have come on leaps and bounds in all of these areas and I don’t imagine the disparity is anywhere as far apart as it once was. Cash in hand, they reportedly have all that money sitting in the bank, personally I don’t believe a word that comes out of that place, but they were the first Scottish club to furlough staff so if they have and they do need to exhaust their ‘reported’ savings all the better. As for access to credit, as I said their assets are reportedly already security against their current loan, as far as I’m aware we owe no outside banks etc a penny and our assets (stadium etc. ) is owned by the club so worse case scenario would that not lead to better credit access on a pure collateral basis?

Their reported outgoings outstrip our own by millions of pounds, it’s only my opinion and I’ll agree to disagree but as I said initially, not great for us but they would suffer far more...

7 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

What is their income and where does it come from, retail, season tickets sponsorship. We have come on leaps and bounds in all of these areas and I don’t imagine the disparity is anywhere as far apart as it once was. Cash in hand, they reportedly have all that money sitting in the bank, personally I don’t believe a word that comes out of that place, but they were the first Scottish club to furlough staff so if they have and they do need to exhaust their ‘reported’ savings all the better. As for access to credit, as I said their assets are reportedly already security against their current loan, as far as I’m aware we owe no outside banks etc a penny and our assets (stadium etc. ) is owned by the club so worse case scenario would that not lead to better credit access on a pure collateral basis?

Their reported outgoings outstrip our own by millions of pounds, it’s only my opinion and I’ll agree to disagree but as I said initially, not great for us but they would suffer far more...

Tarriers don't have money sitting in the bank, if they did they wouldn't be penny pinching over signing Forster. This covid situation and lack of long term champions league football has fucked them up with their enormous salary budget. They got £25m for biscuit hips and barely spent a penny of it.

17 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

It's all relative. Income v expenditure and basic economics.

They have a much higher wage bill, but they do have greater income. However they do need Europe to balance the books and sadly no different to us as we make year on year losses.

They need CL more than us, but thanks to their seeding are on track for the windfall that more than balances the books and the gap with us widens.

Not much we can do about it other than win the league. If we dont do it this season its game over, as the CL again becomes a tap in for them and widens the gap for us to close.

This season is simply pivotal to our future and no doubt the deck again stacked against us for a level playing field from officialdom.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's all relative. Income v expenditure and basic economics.

They have a much higher wage bill, but they do have greater income. However they do need Europe to balance the books and sadly no different to us as we make year on year losses.

They need CL more than us, but thanks to their seeding are on track for the windfall that more than balances the books and the gap with us widens.

Not much we can do about it other than win the league. If we dont do it this season its game over, as the CL again becomes a tap in for them and widens the gap for us to close.

This season is simply pivotal to our future and no doubt the deck again stacked against us for a level playing field from officialdom.

Their weekly wage cap is £50k, ours is £30k. That's the difference champions league money makes. Their issue is they are now tied to that champions league money and any variation to even one season puts them in big difficulty.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Their weekly wage cap is £50k, ours is £30k. That's the difference champions league money makes. Their issue is they are now tied to that champions league money and any variation to even one season puts them in big difficulty.

Yes and it more than covers any shortfall for them, but the problem for us, is that they get a helping hand to it!

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Might be mistaken but I'm sure Alfie was put on 40ish at his last contract renewal.

Just now, dougal72 said:

Might be mistaken but I'm sure Alfie was put on 40ish at his last contract renewal.

Aye think you might be but I ain't 100% positive either. Sure Alfie was made the highest paid at just around the £30k mark. Defoe joined him when he signed permanently. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The only one shouting is you.

Fact. The board are spineless as their MO demonstrates. Fact, the cabal remain in power. Fact, we remain silent. Fact, there is no evidence we challenging or removing anyone.

The only speculation of this boards intentions and none of it evidential is coming from you.

The deafening silencing is the business as usual board MO, NOT some fucking covert action they are organising to bringing down the cabal ffs. If they are, great. If not, who gives a fuck, we're used to it.

There's more conspiracies in this thread than Hillary and Russiagate and it's the same conclusion. Show us the evidence! All made up shite to satisfy the objective in that this board are doing something.

Fact is, the scum are champions. Fact is, the scum are now getting easy passage in the CL that if comes to pass they are again in riches.

The challenge is, how the fuck we are going to stop them on the park, because this fantasy that we have some secret plan to take the cabal down and long term plan at that BTW :lol: is exactly that and will do nothing to stop the scum on the field of play.

The reality is, that all we can hope for is that Gerrard has the resources and the guile to take them down on the park. The rest is nothing more than the usual dog and pony show.

1c3b58f68ccf425f93b58f3a47c296c3.thumb.gif.bd43a777a4aeb61f4d7d468421d2c8a7.gif

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Aye think you might be but I ain't 100% positive either. Sure Alfie was made the highest paid at just around the £30k mark. Defoe joined him when he signed permanently. 

No he didn't FS!!

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

All that's happened is they've lost their case for undoing their relegation, which was always going to happen. The big news will be if theres a compensation agreement with the SPFL.....

The compensation element is a farce as it is the other 40 clubs that end up paying that. 

Archived