• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Lance Armstrong of football.  rick roberts 2 days ago The Lance Armstrong of football. A common call from celtic fans desperate to try and overstate Rangers FC use of then-legal tax

...and entry to the lucrative Champions League... I've always suspected that the rush and process to get all this done, regardless of the consequences for others, has been the primary driving for

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I honestly think that's a nonsense mate.

Finding solutions to become number 1  havent been easy, or actually found yet. But I see nothing to suggest there's happiness at settling for 2nd best.

I wouldn’t expect anything else from you Sema  .I’m not saying I’m right .It’s how I feel and how it looks too me 

You should know by now ,it’s an opinion that splits us .Rest easy 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I wouldn’t expect anything else from you Sema  .I’m not saying I’m right .It’s how I feel and how it looks too me 

You should know by now ,it’s an opinion that splits us .Rest easy 

What makes it look that way though, that's what I dont see?

Some of their personal investments, the restructuring, new commercial deals, backing the manager financially despite pandemic are some of the things I see suggesting a focus on winning not being content runners up.

28 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It’s always the way mate .Rosenberg or some other roll over side will be their toughest opponent no doubts 

Theyll no doubt still find a way to fuck it up, I mean Copenhagen fucked them out of the Europa last season and I wouldn't class them as a tough side. 

eejay the dj and magic8ball like this
1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What makes it look that way though, that's what I dont see?

Some of their personal investments, the restructuring, new commercial deals, backing the manager financially despite pandemic are some of the things I see suggesting a focus on winning not being content runners up.

Winning in Europe ,bringing more money in .Not suggesting they are lying down on that part of the job 

It’s still my belief that they are aware of the corruption and willing to go along with it .They know .You know .I know we aren’t winning this league next season ..I’m sure bears will come out with the usual bravado saying “we will win the league “Like I said .I’m in it for probably my last season .Sick of the board for many reasons ..You telling me your take on things aren’t going to change that .Even if you think it makes more sense .

It about the last 5 years since King got control .Being positive about certain things is all well and good .There will be no change next season to the status quo sadly 

Let’s leave it that for now 

In regards to Europe, Rosenborg are in the EL this year. Basel and Copenhagen not winning their league gave the scum 4th seed spot in Q4 avoiding Ajax, Olympiakos and Salzburg. Lucky cunts!

Still some tricky opponents like Legia Warsaw, RSB, Zagreb and Slavia Prague. Hopefully pumped out.

Scenes when Midjtylland pump them in Q2.

We need four(maybe 5) higher seeded sides to go out before Q3 to be seeded in Q4.

Sorry @eejay the dj...

This board work around the clock to try and bring the ultimate success to the club. They do make mistakes but it is not for a lack of trying.

And the work they have achieved outside the first team squad has be quite remarkable.

Can we improve on media, transfers etc? Of course but we are getting better. I have no problem with the current board.

The only time in the history of our club where winning was not a priority was under the crookedness of Whyte & Green.

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

In regards to Europe, Rosenborg are in the EL this year. Basel and Copenhagen not winning their league gave the scum 4th seed spot in Q4 avoiding Ajax, Olympiakos and Salzburg. Lucky cunts!

Still some tricky opponents like Legia Warsaw, RSB, Zagreb and Slavia Prague. Hopefully pumped out.

Scenes when Midjtylland pump them in Q2.

We need four(maybe 5) higher seeded sides to go out before Q3 to be seeded in Q4.

Legia are pish, don’t think they’re great from what I seen against us. Who’s RSB? 

It's been said on the jambo's forum that there is to be a presser at Hampden at 10 am Monday. Would the arbitration panel give a presser for a closed door investigation or could they be recommending that it goes back to court?

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's been said on the jambo's forum that there is to be a presser at Hampden at 10 am Monday. Would the arbitration panel give a presser for a closed door investigation or could they be recommending that it goes back to court?

Reckon they will still need to make public the outcome, 

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I thought the decision was to be given out in private and not made public?

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I thought the decision was to be given out in private and not made public?

Clubs still need to find out what's happening though, saying that it is Scotland 

Sweetheart likes this
5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Sorry @eejay the dj...

This board work around the clock to try and bring the ultimate success to the club. They do make mistakes but it is not for a lack of trying.

And the work they have achieved outside the first team squad has be quite remarkable.

Can we improve on media, transfers etc? Of course but we are getting better. I have no problem with the current board.

The only time in the history of our club where winning was not a priority was under the crookedness of Whyte & Green.

I’m on agreement with eejay here. What we need them to do whilst working around the clock is correct the corruption in Scottish football that allows the situations that we see every day. Until we get a level playing field we are going to struggle to be anything but second best.
The cunt finally overplayed his hand, the board started off with the intentions of making them pay but again it looks as if they’ve failed. Today’s a big day for how Rangers season is going to prevail. If Hearts/Thistle fail it’ll bolden the cabal and the referees, compliance officer, media will get them that 10 in a row just as they were gifted the 9th. 

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

I’m on agreement with eejay here. What we need them to do whilst working around the clock is correct the corruption in Scottish football that allows the situations that we see every day. Until we get a level playing field we are going to struggle to be anything but second best.
The cunt finally overplayed his hand, the board started off with the intentions of making them pay but again it looks as if they’ve failed. Today’s a big day for how Rangers season is going to prevail. If Hearts/Thistle fail it’ll bolden the cabal and the referees, compliance officer, media will get them that 10 in a row just as they were gifted the 9th. 

Compiling the dossier and offering to pay for an internal investigation seem unnecessary to me if they're happy being number 2.

The amount we spend on players and our management staff also seems excessive just to guarantee a finish above the sheep and Motherwell etc each season. 

Yes they've made mistakes and no they've not found the solution to overcoming both a financially stronger opponent and a rigged authority established over years. But happy being second? Maybe you can explain why its job done in their eyes for another season.

magic8ball and bluenoz like this
6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Compiling the dossier and offering to pay for an internal investigation seem unnecessary to me if they're happy being number 2.

The amount we spend on players and our management staff also seems excessive just to guarantee a finish above the sheep and Motherwell etc each season. 

Yes they've made mistakes and no they've not found the solution to overcoming both a financially stronger opponent and a rigged authority established over years. But happy being second? Maybe you can explain why its job done in their eyes for another season.

They did the dossier, quoted that there’s enough in that which could require litigation to correct, informed us they will not be found wanting then did just that, left us wanting. I’m fed up watching my team play to have to see the man of the match being the referee or the compliance officer acting to the whim of the media. We won’t win all games, have ups and downs but the cabal is interfering with our results and the board had it within their power to weaken this cabal, they failed. They know better than us the influences affecting our game so why are they allowing it to continue if they’re intending  to put us in a position to compete? 

SURRENDERNO likes this
7 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

They did the dossier, quoted that there’s enough in that which could require litigation to correct, informed us they will not be found wanting then did just that, left us wanting. I’m fed up watching my team play to have to see the man of the match being the referee or the compliance officer acting to the whim of the media. We won’t win all games, have ups and downs but the cabal is interfering with our results and the board had it within their power to weaken this cabal, they failed. They know better than us the influences affecting our game so why are they allowing it to continue if they’re intending  to put us in a position to compete? 

Theres been much said about the lack of traction gained when we were at the fore front of trying to get change. When we stepped back and let others more victimised recently to take the lead then we've seen results including cases getting to Court.

Today will likely be defining in the case against the spfl. Time will tell what action if any comes from us following this outcome.

But that doesn't mean our Board are happy, content, satisfied, see finishing 2nd as job done. Not being financially strong enough or with enough support /clout is different from being happy with the situation.

What within powers did the Board have but not use that demonstrates happiness at finishing 2nd each season?

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Theres been much said about the lack of traction gained when we were at the fore front of trying to get change. When we stepped back and let others more victimised recently to take the lead then we've seen results including cases getting to Court.

Today will likely be defining in the case against the spfl. Time will tell what action if any comes from us following this outcome.

But that doesn't mean our Board are happy, content, satisfied, see finishing 2nd as job done. Not being financially strong enough or with enough support /clout is different from being happy with the situation.

What within powers did the Board have but not use that demonstrates happiness at finishing 2nd each season?

“Doncaster, as a director and the chief executive of the SPFL breached his duty to exercise the care, skill and diligence expected of a person in his position.”

Let’s see how today goes but if it doesn’t result in Doncaster with others being removed from their position then I’d expect Rangers to go back to their dossier to correct the many wrongs that they highlighted. Hearts/Thistle only interest is removing the rules that allowed relegation/promotion if Rangers allow the other rules to stand then it shows their true feelings towards the need for Rangers to compete. 

9 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

“Doncaster, as a director and the chief executive of the SPFL breached his duty to exercise the care, skill and diligence expected of a person in his position.”

Let’s see how today goes but if it doesn’t result in Doncaster with others being removed from their position then I’d expect Rangers to go back to their dossier to correct the many wrongs that they highlighted. Hearts/Thistle only interest is removing the rules that allowed relegation/promotion if Rangers allow the other rules to stand then it shows their true feelings towards the need for Rangers to compete. 

The dossier demonstrated the need for an internal investigation. It had examples of wrongdoing but was incomplete as all the evidence required wasn't being provided freely by authorities and certain clubs.  The court case should have addressed that, and should hopefully definitively prove whether the spfl were right or wrong in their actions.

I too hope that either because of the findings or despite them we lead or support further action. Be it a vote of no confidence or whatever the next step is.

But that's us talking about future steps. How can what we might do after court case / arbitration published demonstrate now that our Board are happy being runners up as you suggest?

magic8ball likes this
7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The dossier demonstrated the need for an internal investigation. It had examples of wrongdoing but was incomplete as all the evidence required wasn't being provided freely by authorities and certain clubs.  The court case should have addressed that, and should hopefully definitively prove whether the spfl were right or wrong in their actions.

I too hope that either because of the findings or despite them we lead or support further action. Be it a vote of no confidence or whatever the next step is.

But that's us talking about future steps. How can what we might do after court case / arbitration published demonstrate now that our Board are happy being runners up as you suggest?

Think we both agree that today is a big day, for me this will help answer your question on wether the board are happy with us being a second place team. If they allow a situation where Hearts/Thistle remove rules that prevent them being relegated but are happy to allow the rules to continue  that allows gifting of league titles then they are happy to allow a situation where we are a second place team.  Also if Hearts/Thistle get compensated for being relegated then we should be compensated on potentially missing out on winning the league and a champions league place.

goaaaal and magic8ball like this
25 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Think we both agree that today is a big day, for me this will help answer your question on wether the board are happy with us being a second place team. If they allow a situation where Hearts/Thistle remove rules that prevent them being relegated but are happy to allow the rules to continue  that allows gifting of league titles then they are happy to allow a situation where we are a second place team.  Also if Hearts/Thistle get compensated for being relegated then we should be compensated on potentially missing out on winning the league and a champions league place.

Partially agree.

Hearts being relegated or not doesn't really matter. Its whether the spfl are found to be wrong in their conduct and decision making. This could still be the case if Hearts go down. The spfl being in the wrong is the crucial aspect for any future action.

Re compo,  that's because they will be financially affected by what has been established as being wrong. Ie relegated and suffering as a direct result. It all revolves around the one body and its competition, the spfl.

For us its similar but different. We'll get paid out as 2nd place, and lose a million or so that the top place spfl team gets. Thats with the spfl and its competition.

You're right that as an indirect result they get the opportunity to enter the CL, but thats where I think its more clouded as a legal challenge given its then a different body, invite, and competition. Its an effective consequence, not a direct result on the part of the spfl imo. Its messier.

I don't anticipate any challenge to the scum winning the league, nor access to the CL entry, but dont see that as any proof we accept 2nd. For me its about the fight to remove the spfl board charlatans who are transparent in their hatred of our club. Rid the game of them, we have more of a chance of things becoming fairer. Thats the battle I'm watching.

But all that is still only part of what the Board are doing to close the gap on the scum. Ignoring investments, commercial growth, transfer budgets, etc and focusing solely on this aspect is pretty much agenda driven imho.

magic8ball and Howsitgoing like this
2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Partially agree.

Hearts being relegated or not doesn't really matter. Irs whether the spfl are found to be wrong in their conduct and decision making. This could still be the case if Hearts go down. The spfl being in the wrong is the crucial aspect for any future action.

Re compo,  that's because they will be financially affected by what has been established as being wrong. Ie relegated and suffering as a direct result. It all revolves around the one body and its competition, the spfl.

For us its similar but different. We'll get paid out as 2nd place, and lose a million or so that the top place spfl team gets. Thats with the spfl and its competition.

You're right that as a direct result they get the opportunity to enter the CL, but thats where I think its more clouded as a legal challenge given its then a different body, invite, and competition. Its an effective consequence, not a direct result on the part of the spfl imo. Its messier.

I don't anticipate any challenge to the scum winning the league, nor access to the CL entry, but dont see that as any proof we accept 2nd. For me its about the fight to remove the spfl board charlatans who are transparent in their hatred of our club. Rid the game of them, we have more of a chance of things becoming fairer. Thats the battle I'm watching.

But all that is still only part of what the Board are doing to close the gap on the scum. Ignoring investments, commercial growth, transfer budgets, etc and focusing solely on this aspect is pretty much agenda driven imho.

One thing we both agree on, I think, anything other than “null and void” brings further issues that if our board was serious in making the SPFL/SFA cabal pay then can be used to keep the pressure on them. If our board doesn’t use that then in my opinion shows disregard to our club and they deserve the contempt that’ll bring.
 The only reason for the relegation/promotion rules from not being adhered too will be also accountable to the rules added that allows the gifting of a league title, our board doesn’t act and removes this gifted league title then they are indeed happy to allow a situation where we are a second place team. 

10 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

One thing we both agree on, I think, anything other than “null and void” brings further issues that if our board was serious in making the SPFL/SFA cabal pay then can be used to keep the pressure on them. If our board doesn’t use that then in my opinion shows disregard to our club and they deserve the contempt that’ll bring.
 The only reason for the relegation/promotion rules from not being adhered too will be also accountable to the rules added that allows the gifting of a league title, our board doesn’t act and removes this gifted league title then they are indeed happy to allow a situation where we are a second place team. 

I think its fair to say the matter of the scum getting this last title is front and centre, possibly the only factor for consideration, in whether in your eyes the Board will be proven happy to be 2nd.

I see a wider picture than that, including different battle with the spfl, and dont see that scum title award as pivotal in our Board being happy or otherwise with anything.

Howsitgoing likes this
3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think its fair to say the matter of the scum getting this last title is front and centre, possibly the only factor for consideration, in whether in your eyes the Board will be proven happy to be 2nd.

I see a wider picture than that, including different battle with the spfl, and dont see that scum title award as pivotal in our Board being happy or otherwise with anything.

I think it shows the importance the board places on Rangers competing for 1st position if they’re happy to allow a situation where the scum is gifted league titles. If it’s within the boards power to remove that title which if Hearts/Thistle avoid relegation then I believe it will then be within their power then they have a duty to enact that. Why wouldn’t they?