SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If you're going to quote me, then at least be accurate. I said banned former posters returning under new names are my favourites. Particularly those who got banned after having a meltdown over me. The idea grown men and women get that angry on an internet forum that they manage to get themselves banned over something I said will never stop being amusing.

Put the shovel away, ya daft fenian cunt.

The last four months have been an emotional rollercoaster for all of us who are part of the Partick Thistle family. No one expected a pandemic on the scale that hit the country in March. It’s been difficult at times to feel that football was important in the face of so much loss.

But we could not ignore what was happening. Relegation isn’t just about what league you play in. It’s about everyone who plays for us, the staff who work at the club, our partners and sponsors, volunteers and, most importantly, our fans. With a 144-year history, we had a responsibility to ensure that if there was a chance to overturn an unfair situation, we had to do all we could.

At every turn, we tried our best to get involved positively to ensure that no club would be left worse off as a result of an early end to the season. We tried to find a way through by making our views clear but decently and respectfully. Having exhausted every avenue, when we were presented with the opportunity to join with Hearts to fight this injustice, at no cost to the club, we took it. But it was not to be.

So we draw a line, we have taken the fight to its conclusion. Our sole focus and our energy is now on the season ahead. Our key word for the year ahead is “success” not “survival”. The Board has already approved a financially responsible and balanced budget for season 2020/21 that gives the manager what he asked for to achieve everyone’s desire for an immediate return to the Championship. The fightback has started.

But I ask everyone associated with Thistle to never forget today. To never forget how it feels to be relegated unfairly. To never forget that there are many good decent people and clubs in Scotland who stood with us, publicly and privately – but there are some whose fear and self-interest got in the way of doing the right thing.

The Board, CEO and I are grateful for the unwavering support as we have navigated our way through this crisis. This is now a defining moment in our history, it’s time to stand together and make season 2020/21 a winning one regardless of what the rest of football says or does.

We have every right to be angry. So let’s use that anger as the fuel that drives our campaign in 2020/21. This is now about Thistle, no one else. Our fate and our success once again lies in our own hands and our hands only.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I think you're probably likely to be next tbh.

Still got your jelly and ice cream to celebrate?

Day this forum bans lifelong Rangers fans for calling out taigs like you who ruin the site for decent Rangers supporters is the day I won’t want to be here.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Who mentioned anything about tweets?

Why would someone who makes a living writing about football (and Rangers primarily) investigate historic child abuse at other clubs?

People being angry about something doesnt make it a viable story. It doesn't tend to generate traffic (and therefore revenue) unless it is hyperbolic nonsense filled with supposition and speculation.

The biggest scandal in football history and you wonder why, being a football blogger, you should cover it? You're a morally corrupt disgusting human being.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Our club has a dossier that can bring down these corrupt bastards but choose to remain silent. I want to know why the biggest club in Scotland is allowing this to happen. 

Don’t think the dossier would do that on its own ,It was only a list of relevant questions that needed answers,there were however people from other clubs who had evidence but would only give that evidence in a court ,sadly there was appetite to clean up the game and attempt to make it trustworthy again 

Our club has a dossier that can bring down these corrupt bastards but choose to remain silent. I want to know why the biggest club in Scotland is allowing this to happen. 

Because the 'dossier' was nowhere near what the club claimed it was.

Just now, VentyFour said:

The biggest scandal in football history and you wonder why, being a football blogger, you should cover it? You're a morally corrupt disgusting human being.

I'm morally corrupt because Im not investigating something that isn't related to my job? Tbh, Barry Bennell and the confirmed cover-up at some of his former clubs  is probably a bigger scandal given the relative scale of abuse.

Just now, Essandoh said:

Bit of a stretch that

Whats a stretch? The fact hundreds of children were systematically abused over a period of 4 decades at one club, a club who covered it up and allowee it to continue. Name a bigger scandal than that.

Just now, VentyFour said:

Whats a stretch? The fact hundreds of children were systematically abused over a period of 4 decades at one club, a club who covered it up and allowee it to continue. Name a bigger scandal than that.

Quite obviously meant you saying he was a morally corrupt disgusting human being for not writing articles about it

Bored now enjoy

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The idea that QCs are going to risk being struck off from practicing law so they can rig an arbitration process and ensure celtic get the title is as laughable as it is utterly fucking mental.

I agree.

Was Doncaster truthful ? He lied to Sottish Govt is a possibility but ultimately the process was ended and SPFL won.

Not a good day but hey ho we move on.

We need to keep our eyes on them but looks like they can get away with not far short of anything.

Where are you getting this from?

IF we have one and it can stand scrutiny, then surely you release it prior to the season starting, because this is our last shot at the title and if we fail, the scum again put a major chasm between us and them financially with access to CL money and there will be no coming back for a generation. 

There is no doubting the corruption in this backwater and all clearly stacked against us, such is the tentacles of Liewell, but proving it in a court of law is another matter. IMO IF it could stand up to scrutiny in a court of law, then it would have already been made public, with us going to law on the matter, so on this one I feel we are being deceived for whatever reaso. We might have something, but not enough, so forever we hold our tongue and stop promoting this myth.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Because the 'dossier' was nowhere near what the club claimed it was.

I'm morally corrupt because Im not investigating something that isn't related to my job? Tbh, Barry Bennell and the confirmed cover-up at some of his former clubs  is probably a bigger scandal given the relative scale of abuse.

I don’t think the dossier was anything less than the club made out ,Media of course built it up to a level where far far more was expected ,A list of very valid questions members needed answers to ,Only real blow was the 10m repayment on the TV deal ,then we had a few tits in the media down play it as info everybody knew already ,Info that upset the SPFL as legally sensitive for leaking ,Thing was Rangers never leaked it to the public ,One of the bastard clubs did despite it having a warning attached 

Archived