SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

This is part of the solution to restarting the competition.

Worst idea ever and a complete waste of money considering the fact that having a fever means you've got symptoms already. Many people or fans in this case are asymptomatic but can spread it. 

Got to laugh at Hamilton proposing this for all 12 fans they will get paying at the gate 😂

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Just speculating here mate but if Rangers are to pursue The SPFL through the Courts/Cas then as gut wrenching as it is it may well be in our interests not to stand in the way of the scums * title, To do so would be a distraction from our genuine reason of going after The SPFL for poor governance and would no doubt be spun as our real reason for our grievance, Hopefully Rangers just clearing the decks before an all out assault on SPFL 🤞

I don’t know where this will go. I said on the previous thread that I saw litigation just as a means to different settlement.

If Hearts kick off,  the case will potentially last years and the SPFL member clubs will have to decide whether the hassles and financial exposure arising from that dispute is worse than reconstruction and any knock on effects on the broadcasting deals.

If Rangers seek removal of Doncaster for breach of duty he’ll need to consider the personal reputational impacts and the SPFL will need to consider the risk of other evidence coming out through discovery and witnesses. 

I struggle to see either dispute going all the way to a conclusion - if action is raised it will be tactical.

People talk about Rangers claiming damages etc for lost Champions League money etc. but I don’t think that’s likely. Similarly, I don’t think a claim from Hearts is straightforward at all and I take Leslie Deans stuff with a pinch of salt - the guy flogs houses in Edinburgh, he’s not a top litigator. 

Its a shame Thistle decided against seeking an interdict to stop the lower leagues being called on the basis that the resolution wasn’t valid. Guess Rangers could still go down that route for the premier league? However, even if we win the cunts could presumably try and push through a new resolution (although even the Scottish press may start to see through them at that point). 

Hopefully we’re away talking to Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer and that’s why things go quiet for a bit. The club knew we would lose the EGM vote so nothing has changed really. 

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Honestly don't think we would just have agreed to hand the scum the title fucking bull shite, uefa might still have something to say.

Perhaps all we have done is agree to end the season, as have Hearts.  The rest might well be Jackson Journalism...

This is the part that doesn’t get enough publicity as far as I’m concerned. 

All talk was about how much monetary liability football teams would be under if they go down the route of voiding the season and they bastards was informed that either option(including the one that was taken) would give the same monetary penalties. 

AE028801-1241-4313-869C-8BB10EDCBC98.jpeg

5 minutes ago, bornabear said:

What shining light has this no mark club suddenly seen.

Livingston criticise SPFL decision & confirm inquiry support

Livingston say that it is "simply unbelievable" clubs are being relegated and others denied a chance at promotion by the calling of the Scottish leagues. The Premiership club confirmed they voted in favour of an independent investigation into the circumstances behind the ballot to end the season. The lower-league campaigns have already been declared, with the top-flight expected to follow suit shortly. "

The impact could hamper teams for many years to come," Livingston said. Uefa have asked associations to either declare their campaigns or lay out resumption plans by 25 May.However, Motherwell have said "there are now no credible voices" arguing that the outstanding Premiership games can be completed. Should the SPFL board opt to call the league, celtic would be crowned and Hearts would be relegated. 

However, Livingston say an inquiry into the process to decide that is "paramount to offer a level of transparency" and would be the "first hurdle" to bringing clubs together amid the "trust issues" of recent weeks. "When finished, and with clarity provided, this would allow us all to get on with the task in hand which is saving our football clubs with collective action," they said. The West Lothian club, who stand to finish fifth in the Premiership, are also "disappointed" that league reconstruction talks faltered.

They say they supported the SPFL's resolution to declare the season on the understanding that reconfiguring the league was a "distinct possibility". However, they said the "massive amount of time and energy" invested in looking at plans "didn't receive the respect it so deserved" and was "far too briskly dealt with". "We had an opportunity collectively to change the landscape of Scottish football, while embracing change and bringing a competitive edge," they said. "Instead, we have failed to grasp the bigger picture and repair the trust breakdown that has been allowed to manifest for weeks if not longer."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52645443

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Livingston criticise SPFL decision & confirm inquiry support

Livingston say that it is "simply unbelievable" clubs are being relegated and others denied a chance at promotion by the calling of the Scottish leagues. The Premiership club confirmed they voted in favour of an independent investigation into the circumstances behind the ballot to end the season. The lower-league campaigns have already been declared, with the top-flight expected to follow suit shortly. "

The impact could hamper teams for many years to come," Livingston said. Uefa have asked associations to either declare their campaigns or lay out resumption plans by 25 May.However, Motherwell have said "there are now no credible voices" arguing that the outstanding Premiership games can be completed. Should the SPFL board opt to call the league, celtic would be crowned and Hearts would be relegated. 

However, Livingston say an inquiry into the process to decide that is "paramount to offer a level of transparency" and would be the "first hurdle" to bringing clubs together amid the "trust issues" of recent weeks. "When finished, and with clarity provided, this would allow us all to get on with the task in hand which is saving our football clubs with collective action," they said. The West Lothian club, who stand to finish fifth in the Premiership, are also "disappointed" that league reconstruction talks faltered.

They say they supported the SPFL's resolution to declare the season on the understanding that reconfiguring the league was a "distinct possibility". However, they said the "massive amount of time and energy" invested in looking at plans "didn't receive the respect it so deserved" and was "far too briskly dealt with". "We had an opportunity collectively to change the landscape of Scottish football, while embracing change and bringing a competitive edge," they said. "Instead, we have failed to grasp the bigger picture and repair the trust breakdown that has been allowed to manifest for weeks if not longer."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52645443

They voted yes to the resolution the fastest. Other clubs said 48 hours wasn't long enough. Now they are saying it was far too briskly dealt with? Nah fuck them assholes. This is a mess they agreed with so they can fuck off if they want to take the moral high ground all the sudden.

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They voted yes to the resolution the fastest. Other clubs said 48 hours wasn't long enough. Now they are saying it was far too briskly dealt with? Nah fuck them assholes. This is a mess they agreed with so they can fuck off if they want to take the moral high ground all the sudden.

Disagree. Who among us has not acted in haste ? They had the guts to stand up and admit it.

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Disagree. Who among us has not acted in haste ? They had the guts to stand up and admit it.

To be fair they've done that.   At least they've admitted they've seen the light, but had they voted "correctly" the first time....

14 minutes ago, stevemac said:

So I'm guessing Rangers have thrown in the towel and they will be awarded the title then? Due to the other thread closure. I'm also guessing our evidence wasnt enough.

We weren’t fighting that

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

How does this work with people who have the virus but show no symptoms? 

I’m sure I’ve seen something this morning saying these things are absolutely useless so hopefully they’re wasting a good chunk of money on them 

I’m going to repeat myself again.

I have still to hear a valid excuse why leagues can’t finish as they stand with no champions, no relegation and no promotion.

Its not null and void as standings stand and Euro places are given based on positions as it’s the only viable way to do that. 

9 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

5 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

To be fair they've done that.   At least they've admitted they've seen the light, but had they voted "correctly" the first time....

Disagree. They are a planted shill by Lieswell to bring this question up of level of transparency. SPFL will thank them for this and do another Deloitte number, nothing to see here move along now all together holding hands.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

How does this work with people who have the virus but show no symptoms? 

I suppose it will be used the same way it will be used when people start to congregate again in pubs, shopping centres etc.

1 minute ago, semaj said:

Disagree. They are a planted shill by Lieswell to bring this question up of level of transparency. SPFL will thank them for this and do another Deloitte number, nothing to see here move along now all together holding hands.

You could be right re Livi but on balance I rather doubt it.

Zero chance of all moving forward holding hands.

Archived