SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

This cunt used to be breaking news. Now hes a week or two behind. Bad journos are getting found out massively.

That'll be the free (maybe a fiver) sponsorship to stop them seeking reimbursement for failing to start the season on the agreed date. Like Rangers have been highlighting.

Fucking shambles if this is the case.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That'll be the free (maybe a fiver) sponsorship to stop them seeking reimbursement for failing to start the season on the agreed date. Like Rangers have been highlighting.

We knew this weeks ago. Now this cunt is breaking this like no one knew. This whole situation is a fucking pig shit and 41 clubs are willing to roll about in it.

3 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Why not strike just now?

My thoughts are...  When the league is officially called, the misadministration issues we have highlighted by the names parties will have major financial implications on our club (final placing payments and potential CL earnings had we overturned the points deficit). At this point the final act of their alleged corruption becomes complete and tangible. 
Only my theory but would make sense...

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is the sponsorship deal  for not completing this season and to stop them claiming the money already paid out.

7 minutes ago, LV said:

Is the sponsorship deal  for not completing this season and to stop them claiming the money already paid out.

Giving Sky the option to sponsor the league, in return for not recovering funds for games not played could be the case.

But, BT could still have to be paid back for games they had rights on I suppose.

Edit:  Can’t really see why this is good business for Sky.  I read that their potential claim for unplayed games is around £7m.  Why give that up, just to sponsor the second rate league we have to play in? I doubt it is worth it, and the SPFL have zero bargaining power really.  

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

It was previously reported in the media as posted on here that we voted with it.

It was previously reported in the media that the UEFA President had no objection to the SPFL bringing the league to an end and naming the champions.

It was reported in the media Friday that Scotland's CMO stated that it was too early to talk of football returning. 

It is today reported in the media that the scum will be announced champions tomorrow.

The club are NOT contesting this. They voted for it. It was unanimous.

I am not getting the level of denial in here, as disappointed as we may be.

I thought UEFA had no issue with the leagues being called and the organisations naming the clubs to contest next years CL and EL. Did UEFA actually confirm they were happy for leagues to name, declare or announce clubs as "champions"? 

I am in no way in denial, i just haven't seen it stated (outwith the DR) that they would declare clubs as champions. This also goes for Utd, Raith and Cove.

18 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Giving Sky the option to sponsor the league, in return for not recovering funds for games not played could be the case.

But, BT could still have to be paid back for games they had rights on I suppose.

Edit:  Can’t really see why this is good business for Sky.  I read that their potential claim for unplayed games is around £7m.  Why give that up, just to sponsor the second rate league we have to play in? I doubt it is worth it, and the SPFL have zero bargaining power really.  

It doesn't pay back Sky their entire monies, only reduces it. Its £10m in total that's due back to sponsors and tv, sponsorship is around £1.5m a season. This is just to reduce the amount that'll be getting taken off next seasons payment.

3 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Kelty are fighting it all the way because they haven't had a chance of promotion going with Raman. 

****** just get that ready for tomorrow. 

Kelty will challenge it but will be paid off in regards to Brechin closing the pyramid trap door. It's all about money and zero about sporting integrity.

Being declared winners of something you didn’t win is a new low for football.

The premise of competing is gone, utterly pointless.

People sitting in an office can now just decide by organising corrupt votes to declare winners.

Another nail in the sports coffin.

After watching Sky coverage all of this past month 

I have no doubts, they have been the joint driver in all of this corruption 

I fucking hate them .You will also see the bheasts get more favourable coverage  next season .To go with the apologies they got this season 

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

At the same time mate, we were told reconstruction was dead. Now as of yesterday, it’s back on the table?  What a clusterfuck of a league this is! 

Sadly I don't think the ckusterfuck is ending  anytime soon.

The politicking, the intrigue, the downright corruption just switches you off with the complexities and skullduggery involved in the administration and governance of the game  and you just want to get back to the fitba, until of course we come up against the ref bias and the CO and we all end up like fucking stroke victims.

When all is said and done we simply need to win this league, in spite of all the hurdles put in our way. That will add power to our elbow. In the meantime, no more rolling over. No more accepting the injustices. Make life difficult for the cabal. Give straight back what they all dish out to us, including the media.

No more mr nice guy.

Remember 1690 and King Billy's on the wall....

No Surrender!

Got carried away there. Had the tunes blasting earlier.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So Sky ain't "sponsoring" the leagues next 5 years, they are getting the naming rights. So they can sell them to whoever for however much they want and get to keep all the money.

Worse than giving them the sponsorship.......

Probably sell them to paddypower 

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So Sky ain't "sponsoring" the leagues next 5 years, they are getting the naming rights. So they can sell them to whoever for however much they want and get to keep all the money.

Worse than giving them the sponsorship.......

😆

See if this whole scottish football shambles was to get made into a movie it would be ridiculed as being so over the top far fetched. It's like they've given up on any sort of concealing their wrongdoing, as long as the end result is achieved. I've honestly never known anything like it, other than the obvious parallel with the snp governance of the country which is also corrupt.

Archived