8 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I've never understood the 'love' the English seem to have for the Oirish,personally I wouldn't buy a matchstick from the b'tards country.

Obviously there are plenty with ancestry, which you can’t really argue against.

More recently, there are the people who’ve had a cheap flight to & pissup in Dublin, who think it’s great. I suppose they don’t even scratch the surface.

Even more recently, there are the bleeding hearts who latch on to everybody perceived as oppressed by Empire & in their ‘right on’ way, have to espouse the underdog. Remind you of anyone?

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Lance Armstrong of football.  rick roberts 2 days ago The Lance Armstrong of football. A common call from celtic fans desperate to try and overstate Rangers FC use of then-legal tax

...and entry to the lucrative Champions League... I've always suspected that the rush and process to get all this done, regardless of the consequences for others, has been the primary driving for

Posted Images

I expect the love affair most cities had with the traditional Oirish pubs, painted dark green with Guiness signs and wee Irish harps  (which were mostly shite) and the myth of the craic contributed too.

England seems to have forgotten the Fenian inspired cunts were still bombing them and taking the lifes of our countries young soldiers not so long ago. 

Just now, tannerall said:

I wonder if the love affair most cities had with the traditional Oirish pubs, painted dark green with Guiness signs and wee Irish harps  (which were mostly shite) and the myth of the craic contributed too.

England seems to have forgotten the Fenian inspired cunts were still bombing them and taking the lifes of our countries young soldiers not so long ago. 

With the Supreme Court paying out 6 figure sums in compo to know IRA leaders like Gerry Adams while our ex-service personnel who have been seriously injured are given a small pension and lucky if they can even claim PIPs :-(

magic8ball and HG5 like this
1 minute ago, tannerall said:

I expect the love affair most cities had with the traditional Oirish pubs, painted dark green with Guiness signs and wee Irish harps  (which were mostly shite) and the myth of the craic contributed too.

Hard to believe, t.

I take comfort that Arthur appears to have been one of the good guys, if you know what I mean.

scottyscott1963 likes this
2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

So Sky ain't "sponsoring" the leagues next 5 years, they are getting the naming rights. So they can sell them to whoever for however much they want and get to keep all the money.

Worse than giving them the sponsorship.......

So Sky are getting naming rights to pay back their money. I wonder what they'll offer BT to pay back theirs?

The SPFL have signed a five-year rights agreement with sports betting service and content hub IMG Arena starting season 2020/21. It will provide SPFL content to the international betting market covering the Championship, League One and League Two, as well as the Betfred Cup and Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Cup.

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/spfl-seals-five-year-deal-21072001

Blumhoilann and HG5 like this
1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

So Sky are getting naming rights to pay back their money. I wonder what they'll offer BT to pay back theirs?

The SPFL have signed a five-year rights agreement with sports betting service and content hub IMG Arena starting season 2020/21. It will provide SPFL content to the international betting market covering the Championship, League One and League Two, as well as the Betfred Cup and Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Cup.

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/spfl-seals-five-year-deal-21072001

Scottish mafia deal SH. 

Blumhoilann, magic8ball and HG5 like this
37 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Find it the same, especially amongst the sizeable Asian community. for some reasons.

Lot to do with them being top of  the heap, but the media down here have always played up to them too, and they seem to have a novelty value. Then there are all the Irish immigrants and pikeys down here who associate with them.

Folk who are more in to football seem to respect us more. 

To you and @HG5. My daughter lives just outside of Corby which is a mini Glasgow, She  could care less for football. My son lives in Leeds where he loves the city and never mentions talk about the Irish living there.. Perhaps I brainwashed him since he is a diehard just like his da.

HG5 and Blumhoilann like this
1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

It really is looking like a mafia organisation with the goings on in the last few weeks. I saw a pic of Ann budge earlier and the guy in the background looks like a security officer. 

If you keep probing like this SW, you will need a minder as well 😉

Hadron Collider, HG5 and Sweetheart like this
11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

To you and @HG5. My daughter lives just outside of Corby which is a mini Glasgow, She  could care less for football. My son lives in Leeds where he loves the city and never mentions talk about the Irish living there.. Perhaps I brainwashed him since he is a diehard just like his da.

South Leeds & towns close by have quite a high number of tarriers around and about.

Despite that, it’s a pretty good place to be these days.

Where does your lad stay?

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Seriously? Why?

Because they’re so good at football, they had to go & deface someone else’s property to prove it.

Cos the league table sure didn’t prove anything.....

Sweetheart and Blumhoilann like this

That's really sad,  especially if one of the clubs manages to get an injunction to stop it.

I would say it's more to be expected.

An injunction would make their heads explode.....and do everyone a favour ;-)

HG5 and Sweetheart like this
14 minutes ago, HG5 said:

South Leeds & towns close by have quite a high number of tarriers around and about.

Despite that, it’s a pretty good place to be these days.

Where does your lad stay?

He only moved there three months ago in Headingley  I think. Keeps telling me how hip it is. I will be there soon when this is all over.

HG5 likes this

Will the clubs that have already been paid the full amount for the season have to refund the balance for the games not televised by BT/Sky?

I think sometimes you put too much faith in Joe Black. He gets it right 10% of the time. As much as he is a diehard he is also a sensationalist. You need to read him in perspective.

HG5 and Sweetheart like this
8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Will the clubs that have already been paid the full amount for the season have to refund the balance for the games not televised by BT/Sky?

Would imagine any clawback to Sky would come off next season's money but BT is going to be fun ;-)

Sweetheart and HG5 like this