Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

In fact if Gerrard left before the football came back I wouldn't care either

Haven't spoken about the football properly in a few weeks now but let's all sit down and just remember how fucking awful we were after that winter break, like holy good fuck what a team of bottlers 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TheFamousPigeon said:

:mutley:

Not sure if you're doing that because you disagree but that was my feeling before coronavirus stopped the football and that is my feeling now when I go back over the last couple of months we were still playing 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Not sure if you're doing that because you disagree but that was my feeling before coronavirus stopped the football and that is my feeling now when I go back over the last couple of months we were still playing 

What's your thoughts on an alternative going into the new season; whenever it starts?

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Project etc etc

4 minutes ago, fin8577 said:

In my opinion we have made a good start with Holt, Foderingham, Halliday, Rossiter and Flannigan.   

Morelos needs to go but only for a big fee 

Tav i would cash in on 

Kamara if we could get £8mill for him then i would personally take him to them 

Jones needs to go 

Barker needs to go offers us literally nothing 

Murphy i like him but again won't be playing much so its time to go reinvest the wages somewhere else 

Stewart decent squad player but never gonna be a starter so i would get shot of him 

In terms of players coming in i think we need 2 good quality strikers a right winger a tough leader in the middle of the park and a good quality right back that can defend. I feel really underwhelmed by the likes of Dykes and Ferguson being linked to us and i think we need better quality players if we are to progress in europe and the league 

Can you get me a bag of green, cash? 

Just now, TheFamousPigeon said:

What's your thoughts on an alternative going into the new season; whenever it starts?

My thoughts on who should replace him?

No harm mate but it's really not my position to scout out potential candidates. Have you listed all the playing personnel you want to replace the players you are letting go?

Despite the fact Gerrard has won absolutely nothing with us and that is despite the fact we have been in 3 cup semis now against really poor Aberdeen and Hearts sides, his overall win rate against those clubs and the likes of Killie is quite frankly fucking appalling 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

My thoughts on who should replace him?

No harm mate but it's really not my position to scout out potential candidates. Have you listed all the playing personnel you want to replace the players you are letting go?

Despite the fact Gerrard has won absolutely nothing with us and that is despite the fact we have been in 3 cup semis now against really poor Aberdeen and Hearts sides, his overall win rate against those clubs and the likes of Killie is quite frankly fucking appalling 

What players am I letting go? 

I'm not trying to catch you out mate. I'm genuinely interested in how you might see it playing out if you're happy with Gerrard gone in the next month or so; for example.

You'll position yourself happily in the loss of a manager; but won't take a position or consider the replacement and new vision strategy?

Not only paying off Gerrard and his whole backroom staff but also then to rehabilitate everything that comes with that: bedding in the new staff structure, re-aligning players with the new vision/s, and taking the time to hope that gels...

It was an honest question. I know they don't come on here often without a snide remark :lol: 

1 minute ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

What players am I letting go? 

I'm not trying to catch you out mate. I'm genuinely interested in how you might see it playing out if you're happy with Gerrard gone in the next month or so; for example.

You'll position yourself happily in the loss of a manager; but won't take a position or consider the replacement and new vision strategy?

Not only paying off Gerrard and his whole backroom staff but also then to rehabilitate everything that comes with that: bedding in the new staff structure, re-aligning players with the new vision/s, and taking the time to hope that gels...

It was an honest question. I know they don't come on here often without a snide remark :lol: 

Took you up wrong

I really don't know who would come in and replace him in that scenario, I'll be honest and say I don't even know who would be available.

Not saying I strongly want him gone because I don't feel strongly either way. Think that's basically what I mean in terms of where I am with people leaving the club now, I'm really not bothered who goes. We were shite the last few months and I lost all hope I had in that squad 

1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

It’s clear we need more physicality in the team.  Not a fan of either Ferguson or Dykes but they do have that in their locker. 

We will never be allowed to play with that physicality

They do that at their current clubs but the moment they come here they'll be booked and sent off all over the place. We will get to hear how they were great footballers ruined by a Rangers management that turned them into thugs 

Not one name in here inspires me whatsoever. 

It’s going to be incredibly hard to get players in I think with all that’s going on. We have a squad of 26 even after 6 leave in June. We need another 4 off that list at least before we’re adding anything 

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

They do that at their current clubs but the moment they come here they'll be booked and sent off all over the place. We will get to hear how they were great footballers ruined by a Rangers management that turned them into thugs 

It's a good point. Seen a fan video profiling Lewis Ferguson. In the league he's picked up 23 yellow cards. 

Anyone want to hedge bets on that increasing with us. 

18 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

What's the vision strategy with Gerrard? 

What we've basically done with him is throw darts blindfolded and hope it lands on the bullseye. 

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's a good point. Seen a fan video profiling Lewis Ferguson. In the league he's picked up 23 yellow cards. 

Anyone want to hedge bets on that increasing with us. 

Turns into 23 reds

11 hours ago, GeeSS said:

There are no wingers in the modern game can you name one anywhere who hugs the touch line  they don’t  exist anymore  

Perhaps not but we need a winger who still has the ability to do that in their locker.

Thats why Forrest is so dangerous for them. He can come inside but he can also go down the outside too and defenders cant deal with him as a result. 

I wasn’t the biggest Candeias fan but we looked a more balanced team with him in it because he went down the outside a lot. This two inside forward things just isn’t working. It’s too “same-ish” and it cannot be hard to defend against because all you have to do is show them inside and they will run into traffic and get crowded out.

Whether they are wide men, number tens, inside forwards or whatever term we want to use, the players occupying those roles returns in terms of assists and goals, have been awful.

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Absolutely spot on comment.

41 minutes ago, fin8577 said:

In my opinion we have made a good start with Holt, Foderingham, Halliday, Rossiter and Flannigan.   

Morelos needs to go but only for a big fee 

Tav i would cash in on 

Kamara if we could get £8mill for him then i would personally take him to them 

Jones needs to go 

Barker needs to go offers us literally nothing 

Murphy i like him but again won't be playing much so its time to go reinvest the wages somewhere else 

Stewart decent squad player but never gonna be a starter so i would get shot of him 

In terms of players coming in i think we need 2 good quality strikers a right winger a tough leader in the middle of the park and a good quality right back that can defend. I feel really underwhelmed by the likes of Dykes and Ferguson being linked to us and i think we need better quality players if we are to progress in europe and the league 

You get my post of the day mate 

For summarising all this brilliantly .As it’s first time I’ve looked in here .It’s all secondary for me just now .Still can’t get my head round all the other shite 

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What's the vision strategy with Gerrard? 

What we've basically done with him is throw darts blindfolded and hope it lands on the bullseye. 

How is that what we've done?

A continuation of what's already at play? There's clearly an observable transition from where we were to where we are. There will be a shift of the personnel within that with the standard risk & hope that it'll pay off and click.

23 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Btw it scares me the amount of cunts wishing players like that well on social media, oh they deserve laps around the park n all that. Literally epitomises why we are where we are as a support, too easily pleased these days when it comes to the board and certain players. Like any of them were ever good enough. 

Will be the same fucking idiots applauding Gerrard after losing to Hamilton.

Archived