Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

it's gonna be a long summer listening to this shite....

You think Rangers sign Kent or Hagi without Gerrard?

I can see this turning into a hate the gaffer thread.

With hindsight I would prefer we didn't sign Kent for the price we did.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If COVID-19 didn't happen he'd have lost the majority of the support imo the way the season was going. 

He absolutely has to win the first available trophy next season or its curtains. 

So he could be x amount of points ahead in the league but it's curtains if he doesn't win the league cup?

Get a fucking grip man

Gerrard without doubt has improved the team since arriving but I don't think he has it in him to win a league title 

Didn't have the mentality for it as a player and so far doesn't seem to have it as a manager. He will get another 3 or 4 years anyway so we'll see

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Gerrard without doubt has improved the team since arriving but I don't think he has it in him to win a league title 

Didn't have the mentality for it as a player and so far doesn't seem to have it as a manager. He will get another 3 or 4 years anyway so we'll see

When he fucks up again next year and they get ten theres no chance he will be anywhere near the club.......

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

So he could be x amount of points ahead in the league but it's curtains if he doesn't win the league cup?

Get a fucking grip man

Selik could absolutely shit the bed next season and we could build up a 20/30 points gap by Christmas. 

Only for us to chuck it away after the winter break and Aberdeen stop 10 in a row. 

That's not beyond the realms of possibility with this current squad and manager. 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

When he fucks up again next year and they get ten theres no chance he will be anywhere near the club.......

At that stage the pressure of stopping 10 has disappeared obviously so the board will let him work away

There's too many people in the support that will continue to worship him like a god too while spouting the usual "remember where we were" stuff

Just now, .Williamson. said:

At that stage the pressure of stopping 10 has disappeared obviously so the board will let him work away

There's too many people in the support that will continue to worship him like a god too while spouting the usual "remember where we were" stuff

A dont see it , if they get ten even his biggest fans will want him gone IMO.

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

If they get ten, I will want Gerrard gone and I expect he will  graciously walk in any case. Until then, I will back him and I wish everyone else would because he isn't going anywhere.

More than happy for Gerrard to get this 3rd year. 3rd and final though if he doesnt deliver the league.

I say that knowing he'll need to punch above his weight and likely spend less but buy better than the scum do. Plus obviously get more out the existing squad, and cut out mistakes and obvious failings.

Cant change anything that's gone on, can only work on the here and now, and the future. The 6 we've moved on is a good start. I'm certain he's up for it and I'm pretty sure he's got it in him to deliver.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

If they get ten, I will want Gerrard gone and I expect he will  graciously walk in any case. Until then, I will back him and I wish everyone else would because he isn't going anywhere.

Stopping ten if the fenians as expected throw every penny at going for it, when they're already blowing us out of the water in transfer fees and wage bills, will arguably be one of the biggest managerial achievements in our history.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

More than happy for Gerrard to get this 3rd year. 3rd and final though if he doesnt deliver the league.

I say that knowing he'll need to punch above his weight and likely spend less but buy better than the scum do. Plus obviously get more out the existing squad, and cut out mistakes and obvious failings.

Cant change anything that's gone on, can only work on the here and now, and the future. The 6 we've moved on is a good start. I'm certain he's up for it and I'm pretty sure he's got it in him to deliver.

That's the key bit that I think plenty are underestimating.

13 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

No chance. There's so-called supporters of Rangers who put being supportive and being all dignified and behind certain idividuals over the actual on the field success of the club.

This shite started in the lower leagues when their hero Ally McCoist was in the dug out and it's a mentality that's snowballed. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Stopping ten if the fenians as expected throw every penny at going for it, when they're already blowing us out of the water in transfer fees and wage bills, will arguably be one of the biggest managerial achievements in our history.

Winning the league with the handicap of Tav being captain would be an absolute work of genius.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We should be ok mate now that the cunts at the spfl are releasing the funds so we can go mental on signings for next season. 😉 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I agree with the gist of his post, but it's not "punching above his weight" to beat shite like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hamilton, Kilmarnock regular - which is where he's failing as a manager.

I think that's what makes it annoying because we do the hard things no problem and fuck the easy stuff, constantly. 

26 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

That's why I was always giving him 3 years. It's a hard task starting with a poorer squad, spending less, but still being expected to beat the team with more valuable assets who pay more in salaries and transfer fees.

And as harsh as it is, 3 years is fair imo, if he cant then he's been given fair chance.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I agree with the gist of his post, but it's not "punching above his weight" to beat shite like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hamilton, Kilmarnock regular - which is where he's failing as a manager.

I think that's what makes it annoying because we do the hard things no problem and fuck the easy stuff, constantly. 

It is to beat the scum to a title. That comes down to consistency in beating all opponents.

To beat them, regardless who we beat or are beaten by, is punching above his week over the course of a season.

Just now, British_Empire said:

I understand where you're coming from and won't deny that results against those teams need to be improved.

Archived