Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

Will be delighted if we get Hagi signed up

I can live with a midfield of Jack, Aribo/Kamara and Hagi. I swear to god though if go into next season with Hagi or Aribo playing RW I'm done

Hagi and a RW signed and we're off to a good start, and honestly I think that's all we really NEED. Then it's just a question of do we keep players like Morelos and Tavernier, who have their upsides and downsides, much will depend on if we get offers. And then if we have additional funds to upgrade maybe a CB position, perhaps another CM position upgrade, or another striker. 

Would still like to see Barker out the door, Ojo will be gone too and I wouldn't bother signing Kamberi and don't mind if Stewart leaves too so would need a couple more attacking options. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I didnt say they were better than us.

Neutral league. One of 2 teams who will win the league has more internationalists, seasoned winners, greater squad value, more cash in bank, bigger revenue streams, pay more in salaries, pay more in transfers etc than their competitor.

Who would you expect to win the league?

Should’ve kept Caixinha then? Or Warburton?

35 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Dropping Morelos after his last minute winner 🤢

Cunt’s go on about Katic being hard done by, but that is the biggest shocker from Gerrard yet

I must admit I don't get his thinking that day.

Don't get me wrong we had the majority of the play that day but as someone else said, we refused to deploy any width and dropping Morelos for Defoe to play upfront himself (who is easily snuffed out) was a real puzzler. 

It's not even a rookie mistake, me or you could be in the dug out for the very first time in our life's and not make those decisions.

celtic were happy for us to have the ball, tire us out and hit us when it mattered. A smash and grab and nowhere near good enough.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I must admit I don't get his thinking that day.

Don't get me wrong we had the majority of the play that day but as someone else said, we refused to deploy any width and dropping Morelos for Defoe to play upfront himself (who is easily snuffed out) was a real puzzler. 

It's not even a rookie mistake, me or you could be in the dug out for the very first time in our life's and not make those decisions.

celtic were happy for us to have the ball, tire us out and hit us when it mattered. A smash and grab and nowhere near good enough.

It showed him up. 

IIRC, Ojo came on at half time before Morelos as well.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It showed him up. 

IIRC, Ojo came on at half time before Morelos as well.

Tynecastle in Scottish cup Arfield injured and he brings on Ojo instead of Hagi.

A front three of Sheyi Ojo, Greg Stewart and Kent.

:britney:

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tynecastle in Scottish cup Arfield injured and he brings on Ojo instead of Hagi.

A front three of Sheyi Ojo, Greg Stewart and Kent.

:britney:

Defoe should be starting if he’s fit enough for the bench as well IMO, especially after dropping Morelos completely. 

So many stupid shite like that, and Polster/Flanagan ahead of Patterson

Polster,  Barker,  Ross McCrorie , Murphy should definitely go in my opinion.     I think Jones, Stewart and Kamberi should remain as we haven't seen enough of them in regular play.    We need to make up our minds whether or not  Middleton,  Hastie and Docherty are ever going to feature for us and if not, move them on.     I pray that Ojo is sent back to Liverpool.   I'd probably sell Kamara as he is far too inconsistent.     Tavernier should not be captain as he doesn't have the right qualities of leadership and if losing the captaincy will affect him then I'd sell.   Our problem just now is that the transfer market will be seriously affected by the Covid situation.

12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Polster,  Barker,  Ross McCrorie , Murphy should definitely go in my opinion.     I think Jones, Stewart and Kamberi should remain as we haven't seen enough of them in regular play.    We need to make up our minds whether or not  Middleton,  Hastie and Docherty are ever going to feature for us and if not, move them on.     I pray that Ojo is sent back to Liverpool.   I'd probably sell Kamara as he is far too inconsistent.     Tavernier should not be captain as he doesn't have the right qualities of leadership and if losing the captaincy will affect him then I'd sell.   Our problem just now is that the transfer market will be seriously affected by the Covid situation.

Agree with all that except McCrorie, keep him and start playing him.

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Should’ve kept Caixinha then? Or Warburton?

No because its about maintaining a sufficient rate of progress whilst giving that opportunity to succeed in punching above our weight.

Gerrard has achieved more with domestic performances against the scum and on European campaigns to show me we're going in the right direction in a way neither of the other 2 did.

11 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Gerrard without doubt has improved the team since arriving but I don't think he has it in him to win a league title 

Didn't have the mentality for it as a player and so far doesn't seem to have it as a manager. He will get another 3 or 4 years anyway so we'll see

Didn’t have the mentality for it as a player...what a stupid statement,that isn’t the reason Liverpool never won the league.

8 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Didn’t have the mentality for it as a player...what a stupid statement,that isn’t the reason Liverpool never won the league.

Didn't have it in him

Doesn't seem to have it in him as a manager to win anything domestically. As at Liverpool he loves a European cup run though 

7 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Tbf in europe and most of the big games in the league we have been fine, its the small teams were the problems lie. 

Again Candeias does not solve that problem. 

I wouldn't say we have been fine in most of the big games in the league

We have a brutal record against Aberdeen, Hearts and Killie. Nothing to write home about against Hibs either 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I wouldn't say we have been fine in most of the big games in the league

We have a brutal record against Aberdeen, Hearts and Killie. Nothing to write home about against Hibs either 

I was mostly meaning away to the tims and the sheep, agreed on our record against the likes of Hearts and Killie seem's even though they are both poor teams we shit the bed and have done throughout Gerrards tenure, even the 1st game of this season we were absolutely hoaching and got out of jail with the last minute winner. 

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Didn't have it in him

Doesn't seem to have it in him as a manager to win anything domestically. As at Liverpool he loves a European cup run though 

How didn’t he have it in him?

I take it you never watched him basically drag his team back in f.a cup final and champions league final?

You can say he doesn’t have it in him as a manager and that’s a fair point because he’s hasn’t proved it yet but to say he didn’t have the mentality as a player well frankly your wrong m.

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

How didn’t he have it in him?

I take it you never watched him basically drag his team back in f.a cup final and champions league final?

You can say he doesn’t have it in him as a manager and that’s a fair point because he’s hasn’t proved it yet but to say he didn’t have the mentality as a player well frankly your wrong m.

They weren't league campaigns mate

11 hours ago, bluenoz said:

celtic are not better than us and no-one can tell me otherwise. We played them off the park twice. (and that is when the witch-hunt began) When they did beat us, we were coming off an extremely emotional win against leiga only 3 days earlier and had nothing in the tank. We were horrible that day.

Where we fail, is beating down the physical, unskilled teams not the scum. This is where Gerrard needs to improve his tactics.

And we also fail to beat the twelve man who is not only against us but who also gives them favourable calls.

celtic played in Sweden that night.

We completely shat it and got the team wrong.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No because its about maintaining a sufficient rate of progress whilst giving that opportunity to succeed in punching above our weight.

Gerrard has achieved more with domestic performances against the scum and on European campaigns to show me we're going in the right direction in a way neither of the other 2 did.

And he shown more against the likes of Killie, Hearts etc that he’s not. Still 0/6 in trophies, great domestic performances :) 

5 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

I think he can. Pretty happy for him to be the third striker and score goals when the game is already won or we are desperately chasing a goal. 

Should never have been extended , hate to think of the amount of cash we are paying him........

Archived