Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

He’s a good player but played for them so not sure how I feel about this one.

I would imagine if he did become available they would be interested also.

I would take James McLean signing for us if it won us the league.

Spoiler

😂 the fuck I would.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

It’s good money but I think we could sell him for more. He’s English which is a massive positive, as clubs need him to hit quotas.

I think 6 is probably just a starting point if more than one club is interested, which would appear to be the case. 

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McGregor

Tav Any two of our 4  CBs Barisic

Jack New CM

New RW Hagi Kent

Morelos.

Honestly believe we're two quality productive players away from having a superior 11 to them 'on paper'.

I agree tbh. My problem is the mentality of most of them, have they got it in them to dig deep and grind away wins at Heart, Killie, St J? Not so sure. Quality wise we pump the tarriers again on our day 9/10 times. 

3 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Little rumour on ff that Wilson has asked Southampton to let us know if Armstrong becomes available 👀

Depending on the price , I'd take him .

Has an eye for goal , been over the course in Scotland and , I'd imagine , an improved player having experienced playing in England . Like I say though , doubt he'll be cheap .

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McGregor

Jack New CM

New RW Hagi Kent

Morelos.

Honestly believe we're two quality productive players away from having a superior 11 to them 'on paper'.

Is this no primarily  the same team that let us down so badly since the new year 

ac0c496cae1c3f53705c7f998e022c56.thumb.jpg.f20511269fa223019fa35e872307b59d.jpg

20 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McGregor

Jack New CM

New RW Hagi Kent

Morelos.

This is the most sensible change I've seen. People want to change the whole team and hope they settle/adapt immediately and win the title, very improbable scenario. People want Tav, Goldson, Morelos etc all sold which is ripping the heart out of a full team and expecting them to recover immediately again. For at least one half of the season our current sqaud looked excellent.

I'd like more bite in midfield and more creativity in the advanced positions be it wingers or inside forward's with more goal threat.

Mostly I'd like us to look for a seasoned pro who is still capable and who knows what it means to win.

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Would be getting cup games minimum if it was up to me. He has 1st team experience now and certainly shows promise. Hopefully his year.

:confused: we don't have the luxury of experimenting in cup games when it's a season we need to get silverware or a few jobs will be on the line including the managers.

He's a neat, tidy, talented wee player is Kelly - but it's Ayr United. 

25 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This is the most sensible change I've seen. People want to change the whole team and hope they settle/adapt immediately and win the title, very improbable scenario. People want Tav, Goldson, Morelos etc all sold which is ripping the heart out of a full team and expecting them to recover immediately again. For at least one half of the season our current sqaud looked excellent.

I'd like more bite in midfield and more creativity in the advanced positions be it wingers or inside forward's with more goal threat.

Mostly I'd like us to look for a seasoned pro who is still capable and who knows what it means to win.

Someone like James Milner would be perfect alongside Jack. That’s probably out of our range but that’s the level we need to aim for...

14 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

:confused: we don't have the luxury of experimenting in cup games when it's a season we need to get silverware or a few jobs will be on the line including the managers.

He's a neat, tidy, talented wee player is Kelly - but it's Ayr United. 

So when do you give him a chance? Bearing in mind players like Andy Haliday, Ojo, Who got more chances than him. Happy to give youngsters from Liverpool a crack but not our own. Imagine we had that mentality with the likes of Barry Ferguson.

9 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Someone like James Milner would be perfect alongside Jack. That’s probably out of our range but that’s the level we need to aim for...

He is the exact player I mentioned in another thread. Fits the bill for us. Can utilise him in a number of positions too and stated he would consider us.

I've been a big proponent in giving youth a chance in years past but the next campaign is different. We simply have to stop 10. Where that leaves kids like Kelly, I'm not sure. Another year in the championship would be a step back for the kid but we can't afford to watch him find his feet at Ibrox in a crucial year. I think all the prospects (Patterson, Mebude, Mayo, Kennedy) are in for a frustrating year.

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

We need a hard snarling bastard in midfield or CB. We’re too nice to other teams imo. 

I agree mate but said player would need to play very smart.

SPFL officials have showing they'll come down hard on our players for the slightest thing. 

8 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I agree mate but said player would need to play very smart.

SPFL officials have showing they'll come down hard on our players for the slightest thing. 

Before Morelos was a marked man it was Jack ,treated differently from the rest 

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He is the exact player I mentioned in another thread. Fits the bill for us. Can utilise him in a number of positions too and stated he would consider us.

Assuming he’s still in Liverpool’s plans, I can’t really think of too many alternatives that we could potentially attract. 

1 hour ago, rangersross said:

It's all about the central midfield for me. We simply aren't going to win a title with Davis and Kamara starting most weeks. 

Definitely need to see midfield strengthened.  I'd kill for a midfielder that can pick a pass and shoot from outside the box. 

Archived